Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

^^^^
    Do you know which bank,just wondering if it´s B O S,by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That pub The Bank on O'Connell Street?? :D

Well at least the bar staff will have a job for christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Yep. Wouldn't be a nice time to lose your job. It's a great pub that needs a proper owner ASAP. They'll have to step down a bit from their 850k asking price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

pretty buzie around town tonite already.....

• Advertisement

We'll you'd hope so tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hoffmans wrote: »
    pretty buzie around town tonite already.....

Lot of places breaking up for xmas. Always gonna be steady enough

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

The Three Shippes is now being run by the bank.

I'd advice people to boycott the place tbh.

Why would you boycott it cause the banks own it?? Makes no sence....then the few jobs that are left in there will be lost when everyone "boycott's" the place!

Clever thinking alright!:rolleyes:

They've already sacked people. This is not a factory of hundreds we're talking about here.

The bar was family run...the banks have now come in with their own people.

The same bank that has refused a number of decent offers for the premises. The same bank that came in and offloaded the ex owners. Just in time for Christmas.

But you and your rolly eyes know it all.

They've already sacked people. This is not a factory of hundreds we're talking about here.

The bar was family run...the banks have now come in with their own people.

The same bank that has refused a number of decent offers for the premises. The same bank that came in and offloaded the ex owners. Just in time for Christmas.

But you and your rolly eyes know it all.

Yipp i do.........:rolleyes: Is there not people employed and working down there?? Yes! That counts as employment! Its more employment than if the banks close the premises! Well if the owners werent paying the mortgage why should the banks leave them keep something that is not being paid for? If i didnt pay for my house i would loose it.....fact of life!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, your sympathy and good will didn't last too long there did it?

Anybody know which bank moved against the bar.

Jaysus, your sympathy and good will didn't last too long there did it?

Ahh sure thats just the way it is....... Its not the way i would want it but as i said whatever jobs can be kept the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Heard that it was bought for 600k, owners of a certain bar in a lane in the city centre?

Gingerman? Nope. They looked at it. But, rightfully, wouldn't pay the asking price. As I've said already, the receivers are in there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Spadzy wrote: »
    Ahh sure thats just the way it is....... Its not the way i would want it but as i said whatever jobs can be kept the better!

If its owned by a bank the bank is probably owned by the state which means we own it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Theres a lot of pubs in the city that are owned by the banks isn't there???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Was out in Crystal last week and it seemed to have a good crowd. Have they closed off an area upstairs? I was pretty certain there was a lounge type area with couches and a bar when I was there last. Felt too real to have imagined it!

I think I'm pretty much consigned to the forum for the next week or so as a lot of my friends are going there but is there anything else worthwhile on around the City that I might be able to use to tempt them to go somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

It's a shame the Three Shippes is with the receivers. Pat McGuinness was a nice chap and it was family run with his wife.

Was out last night with the lads in the Tap Room and it was packed. I went down town and there was a good band in Masons (only went in out of curiosity as I haven't been home since August). Good night but most of the workers were finishing up in the factories so that would explain it I suppose.

Town hasn't changed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Saw one hell of a scrap on my way out of work tonight, the victor was actually doing a little stroll of honour with his top off and arms raised cheering himself!

Honestly it was like he had just won a world title :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

AdMMM wrote: »
    Was out in Crystal last week and it seemed to have a good crowd. Have they closed off an area upstairs? I was pretty certain there was a lounge type area with couches and a bar when I was there last. Felt too real to have imagined it!

I think I'm pretty much consigned to the forum for the next week or so as a lot of my friends are going there but is there anything else worthwhile on around the City that I might be able to use to tempt them to go somewhere else?

They did actualy close off that area the loft was re opened, it's totaly seperated from the club.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

kryogen wrote: »
    Saw one hell of a scrap on my way out of work tonight, the victor was actually doing a little stroll of honour with his top off and arms raised cheering himself!

Honestly it was like he had just won a world title :)

That mental image actually made me LOL.

I'm all for ideas like this, but as musicman says...it might be in vein.

When I worked in the nightlife industry, I wanted to create something similar to what Flash has now in The Mojo Lounge, but I wanted it to be done in a different way. More like an underground spot...a jewel in the nile for people that were willing to pay normal prices for a drink in a nice atmosphere. I hope the mojo lounge works cause I like Flash and I like his willingness to try new things. (not sure he much likes me anymore though lol)

I think the music (80s music) is inappropriate for a cocktail bar, and not in keeping with the word mojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Headed to the toilets in the forum around half 1. One of the two stalls was out of order, so there were two lads attempting to take a **** in the urinals.

Waterford, my Waterford.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Headed to the toilets in the forum around half 1. One of the two stalls was out of order, so there were two lads attempting to take a **** in the urinals.

Waterford, my Waterford.....

Suddenly glad I had to work this morning so couldnt go out :pac:

dayshah wrote: »
    I think the music (80s music) is inappropriate for a cocktail bar, and not in keeping with the word mojo.

Very hard to maintain a music policy in this town (unless you're running a house night)

Very hard to maintain a music policy in this town (unless you're running a house night)

When I heard the name 'mojo lounge' I had a vision of a place where you can seduce women (a bit like the bar in Crazy, Stupid, Love). The bar is laid out well for that, with comfy seats, and candles on tables. For me that's the meaning of Mojo.

But if I were to bring a woman there I wouldn't be able to talk to her, let alone dazzle her with my wit and charm. I think Mr. Flash should take a look at some of the other cocktail bars in the country, and imitate them.

Mojo is trying to be two things at once, an 80s bar and a cocktail bar, but I think the two cancel each other out. The 80s were probably the least sexy decade of the 20th century.

It's not a good name tbh. However, they have made an effort in there by all accounts and that has to be respected. Maybe he'll tweek it in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I should point out that its not soley 80's music played, its retro so there is are plenty of songs from the 60's and 70's also.

The having a look at other cocktail bars/lounge bars in the country is something to take on board alright

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    I should point out that its not soley 80's music played, its retro so there is are plenty of songs from the 60's and 70's also.

When I was in there it was all Pet Shop Boys and so on, so we skedaddled out of there fairly quickly. It could work well I think if they had some 60s music such as the 'Girl from Ipanema' and so on. Maybe I should give it another go.

Advertisement