Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competition: Variations on a theme 10 (Zappa)

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm out. Thought I could come up with something based on first-hand experience. Ended up letting life distract me from writing. :o

Lack of discipline is a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Achillles

I'm going to have to drop out too.90% of my story written as of yesterday but for some reason my computer has to decided to completely and utterly fail.Cant get it to access any programmes and don't even know if my story is even still there.
    Really disappointed but just one of those things. That'll learn me ta back up everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well, considering I just woke up today a half an hour ago I think it's fair to say I'm out. I still want to try Nanowrimo, but the last two weeks of planned prep have not happened and I'm behind now in other stuff too.:( Wish all who enter the very best with their entries, look forward to reading them .

Weebley, I Actually take quite a bit of vitamin D supplements. Have trouble absorbing vitamin C though. And up until a few years ago I never got sick, long may your health last. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Submitted @ 23:09

Edit: I just noticed your post, Jernal. Hope you feel better after The Big Sleep! . . . and thanks . . . you too. . . . Live Long and Prosper >> .\V/

[that was me inventing Mr Spock's hand signal, if anyone was wondering]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i'm out as well this time. couldn't get a coherent story together and on top of that i've had to contend with a broken dc jack on my damned laptop for the past two weeks. looking forward to reading the other entries though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Hi all,
    I submitted my piece. This is my first entry and I`m not sure what happens now. From reading VOAT 9, all entries will be posted and we will have sometime to read and vote on what we think is best.
    I`ve read some remarks where contributors have listed three "favorites." Does this mean that we will have the option of selecting 1,2 and 3, or do we just vote for one entry.
    Thanks
    Brian

PS: Is VOAT an acronym?

Hi all,
    I submitted my piece. This is my first entry and I`m not sure what happens now. From reading VOAT 9, all entries will be posted and we will have sometime to read and vote on what we think is best.
    I`ve read some remarks where contributors have listed three "favorites." Does this mean that we will have the option of selecting 1,2 and 3, or do we just vote for one entry.
    Thanks
    Brian

PS: Is VOAT an acronym?

Hi Brian,

That was my first entry too . . . break a leg!

You can vote on as many as you choose, but you can only press that "vote" button once. I tried to go back to add a vote for my number 2 and number 3 choices, but was not allowed to do that.

And yes, VOAT is an FLA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Thanks AW,

Best of luck to you.

Now; what is an FLA?
    or a VOAT even?

;-)
    Brian

Hi Brian,

I created a company many years ago called TLA Marketing. Not one person asked me what it meant. [Three Letter Acronym]

FLA is a Four Letter Acronym . . . VOAT means "Variations On A Theme."

That reminds me of a super short story I wrote about DARPA. I think I called it: "Weebley Does DARPA." It was a hoot to write . . . it was a challenge by a guy named Dave Jr, when I jokingly told him I was writing a screenplay of that name. He was intrigued, so I had to write it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So many dogs, so little homework...

10 stories were submitted. I'll try get them up today.

• Advertisement

That's some drop out rate this time!
    Looking forward to reading them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can't wait to read them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

I apologise, I had a story half finished and planned on getting it done before the deadline, but things got in the way and I couldn't complete it. Good luck everyone else though. :)

Advertisement