Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 10 (Zappa)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

That's a real kicker, Da Shins Kelly.

To you, and all that are under the weather: I hope you get well soon.

Doesn't everyone take Vitamin/Hormone D? I take 5000 IU/day, dropped into a spoonful of cod liver oil, since Vitamin D is fat soluble.

. . . and 1000 mg of Vitamin C, and a multivitamin? I hardly ever get sick. I can't even remember the last time I got a deep cold/flu. I may get a sore throat now and again, but it goes away really fast, because I just OD on C, or is it OC on D, or maybe it's just an OCD . . . never mind 1 2 3 tap tap tap.

Oh . . . Vitamin D promotes cellular communication, so the happy cells club together mentally, and tell the cancer cells to F-off and die.

[stepping down off soapbox and apologising]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

That's a real kicker, Da Shins Kelly.

To you, and all that are under the weather: I hope you get well soon.

Doesn't everyone take Vitamin/Hormone D? I take 5000 IU/day, dropped into a spoonful of cod liver oil, since Vitamin D is fat soluble.

. . . and 1000 mg of Vitamin C, and a multivitamin? I hardly ever get sick. I can't even remember the last time I got a deep cold/flu. I may get a sore throat now and again, but it goes away really fast, because I just OD on C, or is it OC on D, or maybe it's just an OCD . . . never mind 1 2 3 tap tap tap.

Oh . . . Vitamin D promotes cellular communication, so the happy cells club together mentally, and tell the cancer cells to F-off and die.

[stepping down off soapbox and apologising]

I think it's stress-related. Been running around like a headless chicken trying to get stuff done, and I think I'm just fatigued and a bit worn out. Feeling quite sinus-y and sore in the head. :(

Stress will do it. I feel sick like that when stressed or after being up for close to 24 hours, which happens regularly with me. But then again, I smoke like a trooper, which doesn't help. Er, you should get a good night's sleep. Look at the time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm still wound up from exams, and head+chest cold. Yuck! Anyway I submitted my story earlier and I'm reasonably happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I was planning on finishing mine up today but I'm suffering with a toothache stabbing pain into my brain. I'd rather not post something half-assed so I'm going to pull out too, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

EMF2010 wrote: »
    I was planning on finishing mine up today but I'm suffering with a toothache stabbing pain into my brain. I'd rather not post something half-assed so I'm going to pull out too, sorry.

The tooth or the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

The tooth or the story?

I suspect both at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Arlecchina

I'm going to have to join the drop-out party and relinquish my VOAT tiara without a fight. Sorry, everyone. I had some unexpected work crop up this weekend and my story is refusing to submit to me in the little time I have left today. Grrr.

Good luck to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I just submitted. Wrote it today, don't know how it'll go down.

Good luck to everyone!

Eight entries so far, four dropouts, four pending and eight up in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm out. Thought I could come up with something based on first-hand experience. Ended up letting life distract me from writing. :o

Lack of discipline is a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Achillles

I'm going to have to drop out too.90% of my story written as of yesterday but for some reason my computer has to decided to completely and utterly fail.Cant get it to access any programmes and don't even know if my story is even still there.
    Really disappointed but just one of those things. That'll learn me ta back up everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well, considering I just woke up today a half an hour ago I think it's fair to say I'm out. I still want to try Nanowrimo, but the last two weeks of planned prep have not happened and I'm behind now in other stuff too.:( Wish all who enter the very best with their entries, look forward to reading them .

Weebley, I Actually take quite a bit of vitamin D supplements. Have trouble absorbing vitamin C though. And up until a few years ago I never got sick, long may your health last. :)

Submitted @ 23:09

Edit: I just noticed your post, Jernal. Hope you feel better after The Big Sleep! . . . and thanks . . . you too. . . . Live Long and Prosper >> .\V/

[that was me inventing Mr Spock's hand signal, if anyone was wondering]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i'm out as well this time. couldn't get a coherent story together and on top of that i've had to contend with a broken dc jack on my damned laptop for the past two weeks. looking forward to reading the other entries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Hi all,
    I submitted my piece. This is my first entry and I`m not sure what happens now. From reading VOAT 9, all entries will be posted and we will have sometime to read and vote on what we think is best.
    I`ve read some remarks where contributors have listed three "favorites." Does this mean that we will have the option of selecting 1,2 and 3, or do we just vote for one entry.
    Thanks
    Brian

PS: Is VOAT an acronym?

Hi all,
    I submitted my piece. This is my first entry and I`m not sure what happens now. From reading VOAT 9, all entries will be posted and we will have sometime to read and vote on what we think is best.
    I`ve read some remarks where contributors have listed three "favorites." Does this mean that we will have the option of selecting 1,2 and 3, or do we just vote for one entry.
    Thanks
    Brian

PS: Is VOAT an acronym?

Hi Brian,

That was my first entry too . . . break a leg!

You can vote on as many as you choose, but you can only press that "vote" button once. I tried to go back to add a vote for my number 2 and number 3 choices, but was not allowed to do that.

And yes, VOAT is an FLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Thanks AW,

Best of luck to you.

Now; what is an FLA?
    or a VOAT even?

;-)
    Brian

Hi Brian,

I created a company many years ago called TLA Marketing. Not one person asked me what it meant. [Three Letter Acronym]

FLA is a Four Letter Acronym . . . VOAT means "Variations On A Theme."

That reminds me of a super short story I wrote about DARPA. I think I called it: "Weebley Does DARPA." It was a hoot to write . . . it was a challenge by a guy named Dave Jr, when I jokingly told him I was writing a screenplay of that name. He was intrigued, so I had to write it.

So many dogs, so little homework...

10 stories were submitted. I'll try get them up today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That's some drop out rate this time!
    Looking forward to reading them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Can't wait to read them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

I apologise, I had a story half finished and planned on getting it done before the deadline, but things got in the way and I couldn't complete it. Good luck everyone else though. :)

Advertisement