Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name That Art

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Foreshortening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Refreshing?

Clues so far are its Renaissance painting with a subject matter and theme similar to Joel Peter Witkin ( the cover image) and famous for its use of foreshortening.

5r3GA7.jpg

The Mourning over the Dead Christ, tempera on wood panel by Andrea Mantegna, c. 1475(?); in the Pinacoteca di Brera, Milan.

Optional title, the lamentation over the dead Christ.

Yes Oblomov - well done!

• Advertisement

Here we go

7KAFC5.jpg

Swedish, self portrait, also popular Swedish surname, same surname as Tattooist.

year of SP 1895

Carl Larsson

self-portrait-1895(1).jpg!Blog.jpg

Tee Hee, well done..

5V6vE7.jpg

Well known Italian painting - Diane Arbus is the cover image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Bacchus by Caravaggio

Well spotted Suas - you're up!
    300px-Self-portrait_as_the_Sick_Bacchus_by_Caravaggio.jpg

Suas11, where are you??

We want your post!!!

Oblomov wrote: »
    Suas11, where are you??

We want your post!!!

Sorry. I'll let someone else go ahead if they want to,

Apart from Red hare and myself, would ayone like to post??

Don't be shy, we need new blood...

Since " Name that art" appeared here in June 2014, its had 255 posts and .. this is the good part 19,774 looks.... nearly 20K....

All that's needed is... ONE brave onlooker to step forward and post any, the original wording on page one was "Nearly" any artwork

Bearing in mind that people of all ages browae... a modicum of sinsibility is needed.

A remote, a popular, your favourite, ...... remember, Artwork,,,,, not just paintings...

Ready, steady, Go.......... Please.

Don't have Photoshop... try GIMP 2.8 it's a freebie, and..does virtually everything the more expensive programs do.. and Easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Maybe one of you could do an idiots guide on how to set it up?

Ok, I've made an attempt. I hope this works.

20scbpy.jpg

How to play "Name that Art!" - others please add to this/ edit it

Basically the purpose is to name the Artwork which has been posted in a disguised format.

If you guess correctly then it is your turn to post....

1) Find an Artwork
    2) Disguise the Artwork using whatever means you find handy ( Microsoft paint, Sumo Paint, Gimp, photoshop). Remember at first you only want to reveal a little bit of the Artwork. Others may use reverse search engines to find the original artwork, such as Tineye or Google reverse search.

3) Upload your image to Boards.ie; There are many ways - this is how I do it ...

a) Go to Wthax.org
    b) choose the image file and press the "do it" button
    c) copy the code which is produced - BBC Code ( full)
    d) paste the code into a post on Boards.ie

4) If after a few days the Artwork hasn't been correctly guessed - reveal a little bit more of the Artwork ,,, and so on until the artwork is guessed.

5) Verbal clues may be used along the way to help the people guess correctly

Red Hare, well said, bravo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi folks, can I please play too? :)

André Derain -The Turning Road

346128.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

By the way, Wthax.org doesn't work for me, I can't access it...

Hi New Home. Its great to have someone new playing the game, but you will need first to guess correctly the name of the artwork posted yesterday by Suas11 - ( see above - post number 259).

So the idea is you guess the name of the artwork (and the Artists name) which is being hidden by the image of Paris. When you correctly guess then its your turn! :) Looking forward to having you around here.

Ps - it doesn't matter about wthax - whatever works for you.

Sorry Red Hare, I fixed it now... :embarrassed:

New Home wrote: »
    Hi folks, can I please play too? :)

André Derain -The Turning Road

Correct. Well done :)

I like this thread, even if at first you don't know a piece of art, you look it up so you end up learning something new. :)

http://www.wthax.org/

Should work

'fraid not, I'm getting

'Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

:(

Well spotted New Home - I was full sure it was by Gauguin and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't locate the correct painting .

Andre-Derain-The-Turning-Road-Lestraque.jpg

Andre Derain - The Turning Road

• Advertisement

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

What browser are youy running?

Advertisement