Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who else is in work?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Waiting for the usual, hilarious "we're working until 6.30 but actually we'll let you out at 4" mail...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not sure about the different feel but guess it depends where you're working.

Being stuck in a half empty office with a bunch of hungover people doesn't inspire Christmas cheer :mad:

I'm in the same boat. I was the only one in on time, everybody else is hungover and the smell of drink is ubelievable. I think the fact I'm off for 4 days after this is what makes it feel different that and I get Turkey tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Waiting for the usual, hilarious "we're working until 6.30 but actually we'll let you out at 4" mail...

Hate those mails - halfwit team leaders/bosses acting like they have some power and/or decency by giving you an hour off on Christmas Eve. Would much prefer some consistent leadership, appreciation, recognition etc. throughout the year than to be patronised like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hate those mails - halfwit team leaders/bosses acting like they have some power and/or decency by giving you an hour off on Christmas Eve. Would much prefer some consistent leadership, appreciation, recognition etc. throughout the year than to be patronised like that

You'd appreciate when for 3 years you get those mails and then last year no mail and you end up working until 5!

Though I agree with the intent behind it for the most part. I think when my boss does it, it's actually to be nice, if we're not too busy he'd let us go. I don't expect it today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Should be done by midday, in since 8 though, not a great feeling after one or two drinks last night :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

probably the only christmas eve in 10 years i've not been feeling like something crawled into my head and took a big guinness poo. i'm in work (if you'd call it that - nothing happening) only because i should be finished by about noon and i'm to stingey to take it out of my holidays.

nice break coming up though. in thursday next week and not back until the following wednesday. sweet.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS BOARDSIES!!!

and for those of you working with a'sshole bosses just hook up a laptop to a tv somewhere in office, put the meteor advert on loop and throw him filthies all morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Work in the airport from 2 to 10pm tonight :(

Abusive passengers blaming the DAA for everything wrong in their lives! Yay!

(And thinking the DAA run the airline which has shafted them, and blaming the DAA for their own complete inability to read signs plastered all over the airport)

and for those of you working with a'sshole bosses just hook up a laptop to a tv somewhere in office, put the meteor advert on loop and throw him filthies all morning...

As much as i hate my boss, I wouldn't inflict that Meteor ad on them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

In work today (yes Civil Servants work on Xmas Eve). All my mates finished yesterday and went on a bit piss up last night and I couldnt go :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'll probably regret this but what's this Meteor ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,402 ✭✭✭✭kippy

In since seven.
    With a bit of luck will be outta here before 13:00 or 14:00 and am grateful for that.

Theres lots of people working tomorrow and the following day, fair play to them, and my gratitude goes to them for the services they provide.

Enjoy the holidays boardies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Elessar wrote: »
    Work in the airport from 2 to 10pm tonight :(

Abusive passengers blaming the DAA for everything wrong in their lives! Yay!

(And thinking the DAA run the airline which has shafted them, and blaming the DAA for their own complete inability to read signs plastered all over the airport)

Ouch, wouldn't fancy that one now myself.

It's yet another festive abonimation of marketing from Meteor...I haven't the heart to describe it in full and even thinking about it is making me feel slightly pukey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Slunk wrote: »
    Went to work. Drank some brandy and egg nog, went the pub, home for xmas din dins and some more beer. Good day so far :)

All before 10am, well done!;)

(presume you're in aus/nz?)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm in work :(
    only 1 thing to do though: get to 10k posts today

I fear I set my goals too low and accomplished them too early in the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,402 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I fear I set my goals too low and accomplished them too early in the day...

Next goal 11k,
    Good luck with that one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

kippy wrote: »
    Next goal 11k,
    Good luck with that one today.

/ heads for the "lets count to a million" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

ottostreet wrote: »
    Ouch, wouldn't fancy that one now myself.

Tell me about it. It just depends what post I get, if it's anything airside I'm laughing, but landside (where passengers check in) is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

In work at 2-6. My last day as christmas staff unfortunetly:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Just on way into hospital to wrap presents for all the little people in there over Christmas, I love Christmas in there, so very humbling. My fella is in there over Christmas so myself, baby and bump will be working there to make it easier for all involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

It's yet another festive abonimation of marketing from Meteor...I haven't the heart to describe it in full and even thinking about it is making me feel slightly pukey

it's awful. meteor just cant seem to do christmas adverts without filling them full of obnoxious people! basically though - and i'm sorry about this cartman - it's a 'scroogey' type boss telling these 2 lads to work late on x-mas eve. they call around their mates on the phone asking them to 'de-scrooge' him by setting up loads of typical christmas scenes in front of him. he gets a conscience and calls the lads to tell them to head home...it's christmas...

jesus i must be bored to have gone and wrote this post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I arrived an hour late for work and am hading off early. just waiting for everyone else t oleave so i can run around the office in my pants. how often do you get to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I arrived an hour late for work and am hading off early. just waiting for everyone else t oleave so i can run around the office in my pants. how often do you get to do that

Well every friday, its a day i like to call no pants friday!

I wear pants to work every day but have never had the need to run around the office. I did once break into a jog to answer my phone though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Ok, they've finally taken pity on the hungover girl who smells of cat piss. Off home now to sleep.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

In work since half 8, should be out by lunch but I don't mind either way really. It's nice and quite. Having worked in Smiths on Henry st on Xmas eve I will never complain again, it is hell on earth and will leave you a broken man come xmas. So this is grand really...

Irishcrx wrote: »
    In work since half 8, should be out by lunch but I don't mind either way really. It's nice and quite. Having worked in Smiths on Henry st on Xmas eve I will never complain again, it is hell on earth and will leave you a broken man come xmas. So this is grand really...

Just been announced that we can leave at 1pm...woo-hoo

Done a bit of bar work in a past life and I'd imagine it's up there with toy shops in terms of hellishness

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Shoud be outta here at 1. Not bad at all.

Happy Xmas everyone

Advertisement