Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who else is in work?

Options
  • 24-12-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Ok, so got up for work this morning, still feeling pissed from last night (yay Christmas party) so decided not to drive but to get the bus. Went to get the bus but need change. The cash mashine only had 50s, got out 50 went to buy cigarettes to get change for the bus. They didn't have any change, went to the next shop down, walked out and the bus flew past me. Waited until my feet frooze for the next bus. Just got into work and took off my coat only for me to realise that the funny smell I'd been getting was from my jumper. My cat peed on it this morning. So how's everyone else doing?:eek::mad::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

The elve`s :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Really, really hungover...and I dropped my tasty burger last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

"Me so angwy that me has to go workies" .... f*cking get over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Nobody likes a whinger

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

only 90min to go before I kick people out so I can go drinking :)
    Few venues have special licences tonight... time to get it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Got into work at quarter to seven this morning, -10 the car read, went to pull up the shutters and my fingers froze to them, spent the next forty five minutes trying to get them up by throwing hot water on them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ha .... im on the couch at home .... dropped the girlfriend to work this morning - then back home to pack for the journey to the parents.

I'm off work ...will 11th Jan ( I dont get paid when I'm off work so dont get jealous or start throwing out stuff like - oh you must be a civil servant then ... so much time off..etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

i was supposed to be in but then the boss told me he didnt care if i didnt finish until 6pm, wasnt his problem that i have a 4-5 hour drive to get home in time for christmas with the family.....

needless to say i'm still lying here in bed and not in work today :) Time to hit the road home now :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

"Me so angwy that me has to go workies" .... f*cking get over it!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I'm off work ...will 11th Jan

Bloody civil servants...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm in work :(
    only 1 thing to do though: get to 10k posts today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm in at 2. Dreading it, my legs are killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Bloody civil servants...:D

I can only dream of being a civil servant !!!

(Am self employed ...lol....so off work till I feel like it ..or till 11th Jan - whichever comes first...I have a contract which re-starts on 11th so must re-start work then at latest)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

/point

/laugh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

yeah... I'm "there..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Promac wrote: »
    /point

/laugh

We're getting paid to be on boards today. Points and laughs back!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

I was in at 7.30. Just had the annual handshake with the CEO. Slipping away in the next few minutes after he leaves our floor.

Ahh, the things you gotta do to make your way up the ladder;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Promac wrote: »
    /point

/laugh

/points

/laughs

up early and no work? pah where is the point in that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

OP, rather than post on boards shouldnt you be planning ways to cook your cat for christmas for pissing on your jumper?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

^^ take notes from the guy caught marinating the cat in America recently. If you are going to do it don't run red lights or anything just stay at home and do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm in work, prob will knock it on the head after lunch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yip been in work since 8:30, not off until 4 but working X-mas eve isn't the worst. At least it has a different feel to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'm in work til 4 o clock today.

Lucky for me, it doesn't feel like work!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

mal1 wrote: »
    I was in at 7.30. Just had the annual handshake with the CEO. Slipping away in the next few minutes after he leaves our floor.

Swweeet!

You arrive into work, floor the boss (punch or kick or a mix?) and then leave before 10.30 am. You sure do know how to celebrate Christmas
    :D

I am in work since 8.30 but finishing in an hour yeeeehaaaaa.... Christmas pints with colleagues then home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Yip been in work since 8:30, not off until 4 but working X-mas eve isn't the worst. At least it has a different feel to it.

Not sure about the different feel but guess it depends where you're working.

Being stuck in a half empty office with a bunch of hungover people doesn't inspire Christmas cheer :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yep, I'm in work. Place is pretty much empty, I'll probably head home soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Archeron

Technically, I'm at work, because I have the laptop on, in my outlook waiting for one really important email. Although, I am in bed looking out at the snow with the telly on, so I'm not sure it counts.

Just waiting on one bloody thing now and then I can switch off the laptop and go out and make a snowman and get in the festive spirit. yeay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

To anyone complaining, work in a toy store on X-mas eve and then try complaining about your lot. This ain't bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Went to work. Drank some brandy and egg nog, went the pub, home for xmas din dins and some more beer. Good day so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Wompa1 wrote: »
    To anyone complaining, work in a toy store on X-mas eve and then try complaining about your lot. This ain't bad at all.

Or an off licence, the shelves be empty by the end of the day

Advertisement