Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Cooking Club Week 30: Jam Doughnut Muffins

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Made these this evening to bring in to work tomorrow! They're beautiful and so simple I'll be making them very frequently I'd imagine! Gorgeous texture too.

I adapted my recipe and got them down to 229 cals a muffin! Not bad at all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I adapted my recipe and got them down to 229 cals a muffin! Not bad at all! :D

Oooh, please share. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Wurly wrote: »
    Oooh, please share. :)

Well it's basically the same! :P

Only I used Weightwatchers strawberry jam (100g of it) and stork block of marg instead of butter. Less sugar on the top, just a sprinkling. I had baked them in muffin cases so they didn't need to be rolled in sugar.

They were amaze.

Gone in 60 seconds in the staffroom today!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I think it might be time to make a batch of these bad boys.

I feel it's necessary to stick the ol' two fingers up at the new year's diets. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Wow! This is my first ever cooking club recipe to try and if there'll all as good as this, it won't be the last. Was a bit worried about the soggy bottom so only put in half a teaspoon of jam, but think I'll be putting in more next time. Not sure I can stop after eating one though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

These are sooo good!! Easy to make. Went down well with the family so I'll definitely be making them again.

Thanks for sharing!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

These are delicious! So light and the texture is perfect. Will be making them again no doubt! Might even try some variations like curd or Nutella!

IMG_3533.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

This popped up on the front page newsfeed earlier so I made them too! Only issue was I had no muffin tins so I made fairy cakes instead. A bit more finicky but they are little jammy sugary bites of deliciousness.

Made them tonight, I really like them but my wife has banished them because she loves them. Thanks OP.

Advertisement