Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I just watched Hatchi, hadn't seen it before. Balling my friggin eyes out! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I just watched Hatchi, hadn't seen it before. Balling my friggin eyes out! :p

Oh yea, that's a sad one alright. I'm in bits every time I watch it even though I know the ending!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Someone bought the dogs a giant sausage thing. It says 'meat & animal by-products' I broke the end off it to see what it was like inside. It has strands of stuff that looks like hair! Teddy Is throwing the broken off bit around the sitting room. He's not making any attempt to eat it. Should I see if the big fella wants it or just throw it out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Should I see if the big fella wants it or just throw it out?

Having recent experience of a dog's dodgy tummy (which resulted in the projection of an astonishing amount of liquid from both ends) I think if I was in any doubt I'd bin it. Besides any health risks, the potential clean-up just isn't worth it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd bin it too. Hairs will = dingleberries! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

tk123 wrote: »
    I'd bin it too. Hairs will = dingleberries! :p

As a person with three fluffy rear ended dogs, that is valuable information to know haha.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

VonVix wrote: »
    As a person with three fluffy rear ended dogs, that is valuable information to know haha.

It always seems to happen when there's a nice crowd around to see you approaching your dogs bum with a bag on over your hand! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Don't laugh or scold - I know this is a management issue but why does my dog eat the icky bit of any tissue I leave out? Every time I have a cold she's on them like a hot snot. Only the soggy bits mind. It's baffling.

It always seems to happen when there's a nice crowd around to see you approaching your dogs bum with a bag on over your hand! :pac:

I have had to use a baby wipe once in the past in public when one of my boys had a tummy upset, knew if he were to fart on the walk that he'd need some clean up assistance otherwise he'll end up scooting his way home trying to get away from the smell of his behind. :eek:
    Dubl07 wrote: »
    Don't laugh or scold - I know this is a management issue but why does my dog eat the icky bit of any tissue I leave out? Every time I have a cold she's on them like a hot snot. Only the soggy bits mind. It's baffling.

Dogs like salty things I find. Sure one of my boy's likes to clean my boyfriend's nose out when he's trying to sleep. TMI? :o

Edit: one of the most disgusting posts I've ever written... and ever hope to write on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Have had a real Simon's Cat kind of morning, trying to keep the foster kitten out of the kitchen! He climbs all over everything, I can't turn my back on him for a moment. Unfortunately he keeps outwitting me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Got all weepy yesterday for a dog I've only met once. He's related to a dog I know very well though. He went in for tests and scans and the vet found lots of cancer. :( They weren't going to wake him up and just let him go.

Hug your dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Got all weepy yesterday for a dog I've only met once. He's related to a dog I know very well though. He went in for tests and scans and the vet found lots of cancer. :( They weren't going to wake him up and just let him go.

Hug your dogs.

Tough for the vet, heartbreaking for the owners and very hard on you. What a shame. Doggy hugs going on here.

I got play-bitten by a Wolfhound. Fun times! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Hug your dogs.

We lost our eleven year old girl to heart disease in June. Normally I adore Christmas, have the decorations up in mid November, this year, we're ignoring the holiday, no lights, no special dinner, the only gifts are toys for our JRx Alfie. The house is so empty without our baby girl.
    My wish for myself in 2016 is to go one day without crying and for my heart to feel a little better.

So yes, hug your fur babies, as I will hug our little boy tonight.

Sorry for the sad post, and I wish each and every one of you and your fur kids a very Happy Christmas and good health and happiness in 2016. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Resident Cat No. 1 just licked Christmas Foster Kitten's butthole.

I'm glad they're getting along... but .... ewww t09042.gif

"WOOOOOOOOOOooOoooOOOOO"

Is what we've been listening to for hours. Our lovely neighbours have gone on hols and left their dog outside. They've somebody walking him for 30 mins twice a day then he cries for hours. Fireworks have been going off this evening and he's freaking out and it's starting to get windy here so the storm has possibly arrived.

TOOLS :mad:

Some river balls donated earlier to the vets collection box for local rescues. Every nook and cranny in the house seems to have a bag of tennis balls that Bailey's collected out of the river - hopefully this makes a dent in them! :pac:

372614.png

The dogs got new collars for Christmas. Switching the tags over was like a day's work. Have them done now but I broke a nail in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Merry Christmas to all the boardsies and pets :)

I was doing the dogs nails earlier - Bailey's are tricky because he can be quite wriggly with his front paws...anyways I cut the quick on one of them(!) My mum was helping by giving treats to distract him so he didn't even notice but was tap dancing asking for the treats so blood everywhere! :eek: I've cut the quick a couple of times over the years but it never bled like this(!) ...don't think my mum will help again lol!!! :o

In other news poor Rebel is in the vets on IVs with a bad tummy bug! :(

• Advertisement

I joined a Sheltie facebook group and someone has posted that someone else shared their photo outside the group. Then another person said someone took a photo of their dog from the group claiming it to be the sire of a litter of pups they have. The dog is not even old enough to breed from. I will probably leave the group again anyway as there seem to be a fair few backyard breeders from the states posting there. Lots of christmas litters and people who got their dog previous Christmases.

I joined a Sheltie facebook group and someone has posted that someone else shared their photo outside the group. Then another person said someone took a photo of their dog from the group claiming it to be the sire of a litter of pups they have. The dog is not even old enough to breed from. I will probably leave the group again anyway as there seem to be a fair few backyard breeders from the states posting there. Lots of christmas litters and people who got their dog previous Christmases.

I know the group you're on. :( The amount of people who are all posting pictures of obviously poorly bred Sheltie puppies is unbelievable. Breed groups in general on FB are a minefield.

Yes, some of the dogs have crazy markings, a lot look very rough collie like in the face and they all have stand up ears. I put up a photo of my dog when I first joined but I have deleted it now..

Yeah, a lot of them are very oversized as well.

Bailey's internal stitches are starting to come out - little bits of blue sticking out :eek:

:o I dreamt about my poor kitty cat last night - he was back and we couldn't believe it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I was doing the dogs nails earlier - Bailey's are tricky because he can be quite wriggly with his front paws...anyways I cut the quick on one of them(!) My mum was helping by giving treats to distract him so he didn't even notice but was tap dancing asking for the treats so blood everywhere! :eek: I've cut the quick a couple of times over the years but it never bled like this(!) ...don't think my mum will help again lol!!! :o

In other news poor Rebel is in the vets on IVs with a bad tummy bug! :(

Buy yourself a tub of Trimmex. It stops the bleeding but is also great for any of us beach/river walkers in case of a cut paw. I am forever cutting nails as the Borders well padded feet means nails don't wear very quick.

Knine wrote: »
    Buy yourself a tub of Trimmex. It stops the bleeding but is also great for any of us beach/river walkers in case of a cut paw. I am forever cutting nails as the Borders well padded feet means nails don't wear very quick.

I had powder but the 2 mins it took me to get it there was blood everywhere! No signs of him being in discomfort or anything so all good.

Anyways in the park earlier and we meet somebody walking 3 dogs and I overheard that dog #3 is up on his holidays with him. He was sent to live down the country because he's 'too mad' .... Like dog #2(!). These are dogs that were rescued from a large rescue in Dublin and dumped with a family member when they stopped being cute...I wonder will another one arrive on the scene now when the weather gets better and it's fun to walk a puppy? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Happy new year boardsies!

TK I rang a rescue about someone I know who was looking for particular breed to rescue and too my knowledge had taken 5 of these dogs and was selling them on when they got fed up with them. If you're concerned drop them an email or call, most rescues are glad to know about people like this.

We were in uk over Christmas and I need a week to recover!
    Animals are all so cuddly and happy we're home.

Ok I'm the first to admit cleaning mucky puppies gets OLD fast - especially after months of rain at this stage so have them in their little coats/vets - Lucy in case she rolls in poopoo and Bailey to keep his little bum warm where he pulled the muscles.. And yes they have their fleecy jumpers to dry off in - they're both asleep on the bed now in them.. BUT today we saw a madra in a bright yellow/Kill Bill style ONESIE. The whole park was gawking at him lol! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Does anyone feed smilla cat food cans? Just going through zooplus looking to cut down costs and that seems to work out cheapest for what seems to be a decent food, anyone have opinions on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement