Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I don't see why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, it's the key you're buying. You can use a previous disc or download your own (you'd want to do a hash check to ensure that nobody has injected their own "features").
    AFAIK, you can even buy a 32-bit key to use in a 64-bit install (which are also appear to be cheaper).

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

Just wondering how quick scan send their stuff? Ordered something off them on friday, was meant to arrive yesterday. Can I expect it this week sometime?

Usually about one week if everything was in stock and there were no problems. I definitely wouldn't expect a Monday delivery from an order on a Friday - that's probably a UK estimate. About working 4 days from my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Hey guys, I was just wondering has anybody got any previous experience as to how long it takes Scan to send out a confirmation email. Its been about an hour and a half now and was just doubting whether or not the order went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'm sure it's OK, you'll probably get a confirmation email in the morning, during normal business hours. :)

Moon54 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's OK, you'll probably get a confirmation email in the morning, during normal business hours. :)

Thanks. I was just wondering, because it hasn't shown up in the order history on my account either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sampras

Anyone ever used this website?http://www.bytes.ie searched around here but didn't see any mention. Prices seem good enough. What does everyone think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

sampras wrote: »
    Anyone ever used this website?http://www.bytes.ie searched around here but didn't see any mention. Prices seem good enough. What does everyone think?

I think whoever administers their website should remove the floating holly, it is May after all :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Has anybody got any experience with memoryc.ie?

i'm placing an order and am wondering whether next day delivery is worth it or is the free delivery quick also?

• Advertisement

They're great. Ordered from them quite a few times. Normal delivery is about 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I've used them a couple of times before as well, no problems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MemoryC, excellent bunch of guys, managed to get RAM delivered to me the next day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

MemoryC are excellent, I've always received my items in a couple of days, sometimes you can get good bargains e.g. I bought a 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD for83.50euro delivered last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Thought I'd share my experience on HWVS & Pixmania:

With HWVS, shipping took a lot long then I expected. Tried getting in touch with them, and finally got an e-mail to tell me that they no longer have my package & was in the hands of An Post (1 1/2 weeks later after ordering) Maybe something was out of stock, but I was a little disappointed with Customer support, and the time it took to ship.

Had a problem with ordering on Pix last night.
    I ordered all my parts x2 -__-
    Didn't know until this morning, when my brother (Card holder) went to pay for his insurance on the car....Must have been a shock finding out he had feck all money left!
    So tried canelling my orderer of one of them online (As it was two different orders) but when I cancelled one, the other showed up as order pending cancellation or something. So got on the phone, and it was sorted in no more then 3 mins

Happy enough with Pix so far, but I don't know if it was my fault with the double order, or pix's fault? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

You may have clicked the cofirm payment button twice by accident. Incidently, how llong did delivery take from HWVS?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

I presume I have to have the money in my account for a bank transfer yeah?:<

Getting paid on Friday and I want to order my computer nooooooow :< I'll let ye know how I get on ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

Hi,

Ive ordered from HWVS.

Order status on the dhl page says

The shipment is being transported to the delivery depot
    Does anyone know is it possible for me to collect at the "delivery depot" myself rather then wait until next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

quick question about ordering from HWVS, where do i put my order number in when i go to the bank? how do they know what order im paying for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    quick question about ordering from HWVS, where do i put my order number in when i go to the bank? how do they know what order im paying for?

You can put a comment to go with the payment, but they will also see its coming from your name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Overclockers
    www.overclockere.co.uk

First came in contact last year where I purchased a Titan Krypt build from the company and have never had an issue with the machine at all, great build and components for a fantastic price.

Recently decided to make the switch to 64bit windows, so purchased 8GB of OCZ RAM and while I was at it picked up an OCZ Agility 3 SSD .

The issue I had are well docuemented in the SSD wow thread.

It turns out the RAM was at fault. However a quick phonecall to Support and they have two RMA's setup within a couple of hours for both the RAM and the SSD and said I could avail of whichever after I did my troubleshooting.

They provided some good support aswell along similar lines what i was told in the boards thread.

Turns out the RAM is at fault so I've RMA'd that and already selected the new RAM I want.

No quibbles or questions, they are refunding me the price I paid for the initial RAM, and I've already bought the alternative set and they sending by priority shipping.

Since I bought my pc from them me and my father have had regular dealings buying bits and bobs and although this was the first instance of having a fault with a product it was dealt with in such a smooth and proffesional manner that it hasnt dented my belief in shopping with them again in the future.

I'm not sure what they are like for pricing compared to other stores but I dont mind paying a bit extra for
    • Fast Delivery
    • Great selection of products from low end to high end
    • Dedicated support line
    • Fast resolution for arising issues
    • Stress free RMA's

Big thumbs up.

Talking about the issues I had with the new bits in work prompted a few guys to have a browse of the website and three of the guys in my team have gone with some of the overclockers prebuilt machines, they are genuinely cracking value imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

Well, having a little RMA trouble with Komplett, but Ryan there is very helpful and I know it's not his fault, just a standard Corporate cock up.

A bug thumbs up to Ryan for helping me out. :)

how do you know if HWV have received your moneys? money was sent but i dunno how long it takes to get? do they email you?

just wondering from people who've ordered from HWVS before..
    my DHL tracking number says that my packages are still in transit to Ireland since Thursday and it hasn't updated since Friday with anything new. how far away is it? will they give me a tracking number for parcel force when they receive it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

just wondering from people who've ordered from HWVS before..
    my DHL tracking number says that my packages are still in transit to Ireland since Thursday and it hasn't updated since Friday with anything new. how far away is it? will they give me a tracking number for parcel force when they receive it?

From my last purchase it wasn't updated until the morning it arrived 'En Route to Athlone', nothing else before that, not even any indication that it arrived in the country. Got no parcel force tracking number either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Once they reach ireland DHL stop tracking it. Use the tracking number with An Post isntead.

deconduo wrote: »
    Once they reach ireland DHL stop tracking it. Use the tracking number with An Post isntead.
    when do you receive the an post tracking number?

EDIT:
    ah just checked there and:
    The shipment has arrived in the destination country

and the next step to come is:
    The shipment is being transported to the delivery depot

aarg when does this stuff arrive? do they ring you before showing up at your door?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

when do you receive the an post tracking number?

Its the same tracking number.

Put it in here:
    http://track.anpost.ie/track/trackone.html

deconduo wrote: »
    Its the same tracking number.

Put it in here:
    http://track.anpost.ie/track/trackone.html
    excellent i was just testing to see if its the same number before i saw your post.

as of today its in PORTLAOISE.

how long would it take to limerick? would they phone me beforehand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

excellent i was just testing to see if its the same number before i saw your post.

as of today its in PORTLAOISE.

how long would it take to limerick? would they phone me beforehand?

You will have it tomorrow if it arrived in Portlaose today...Thet wont phone so if no one is home it will go to your post office for collection by yourself..
    They will leave a note in your letterbox if you arent home..

• Advertisement

anyone actually ever phoned HWVS? the phone number from the page is invalid: 01805 / 711 117

what number or how should i be calling from ireland?

EDIT: answering my own question and for future reference, the number is 004901805711117

Yeah, you need the international dialing code :P

Makes sense now, but I couldn't understand what the backslash was for or if it meant it was like a 1800 number and if those even take international dialing codes.

just an update on my RMA process for anyone who's interested, DHL arrived at my door this morning after i spoke to HWVS last night. didnt have to sign any papers or anything, and the driver knew my name and where it was going (so they obviously wrote up the docket correctly and have taken care of the delivery charges). he said it should be in DHL germany tomorrow and with HWVS by tomorrow evening or wednesday afternoon.

i printed a small note detailing the problem with the GPU's and put it into their boxes (and if they have any questions to contact me) in what i can only imagine to be terrible German using google translate (which i noted on the letter)

one of the 6950's i sent back was in perfect working order (and i would have kept it because i got a bargain for it (was a highly OC'd 900mhz card with good custom cooling on the board) but im puting them in crossfire so i requested that both cards are identical so ive no idea what HWVS is going to make of that...

Well, it's been a month today that I sent back a faulty OCZ SSD, and I am still waiting on my €115 back from Komplett. :(

I'm going to ring them tomorrow and ask just what the **** is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I called HWVS up today and they said that they cant replace my 6850 since its nearly half a year old :( They have to send it to the manufacturer which will take god knows how long

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Got my HWVS delivery today, It's in my folks place at the moment.Dying to collect them and get home to start building :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Ordered from HWVS this afternoon, and as you can see my stuff is already in the post(even though I got it assembled it as well, so the speed is extra impressive).

DjtEY.png

For the record, I paid through Paypal linked with my Visa debit card. I think the HWVS's website is wrong where it says they don't accept that kind of transaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    Ordered from HWVS this afternoon, and as you can see my stuff is already in the post(even though I got it assembled it as well, so the speed is extra impressive).

DjtEY.png

For the record, I paid through Paypal linked with my Visa debit card. I think the HWVS's website is wrong where it says they don't accept that kind of transaction.

You should be careful of editing your images like that. I just copied your image into photoshop and used the "magic marker" tool which uncovered the info underneath. I wont post for security reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

How did you use paypal with HMVS by the way?

• Advertisement

djrichard wrote: »
    You should be careful of editing your images like that. I just copied your image into photoshop and used the "magic marker" tool which uncovered the info underneath. I wont post for security reasons.

Fair point, thanks for letting me know. I usually use GIMP and the smudge tool for that kind of thing but I don't have it on my work machine.
    safetyboy wrote: »
    How did you use paypal with HMVS by the way?
    Just proceeded to checkout and it was one of the options. I selected it and then the confirmation email had a paypal link in it and I went to that, logged in and paid. My Visa debit card is linked with my PP account, it was shown that the balance for the sale was coming out of that. My HWVS email is a gmail address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It never gave me a paypal link when i checked out. It didnt give me anything actually. Just sent me an email with the bank details i should forward the money too.

Also when you send your money to hvws how do they know what the money is for? Can you send your order no. or something along with the bank transfer so they know they're getting the money for which order...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you're giving tips like that you probably shouldn't quote the image concerned, when you do it'll still be on boards even if he edits and gets rid of it.

If you take down the image at the source it'll be gone from both. That's assuming the hosting site allows complete deletion.

Monotype wrote: »
    If you take down the image at the source it'll be gone from both. That's assuming the hosting site allows complete deletion.

I can't delete it, imgur only gives you one chance to save a link to delete your image when you upload it and if you don't take advantage, you're SOL. I'm not worried about the security risk anyway.

Back on topic, hopefully I'll get my machine soon. DHL seem to have it in a processing centre, might fly out tonight.

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    I can't delete it, imgur only gives you one chance to save a link to delete your image when you upload it and if you don't take advantage, you're SOL. I'm not worried about the security risk anyway.

Back on topic, hopefully I'll get my machine soon. DHL seem to have it in a processing centre, might fly out tonight.

Hi, sorry about the delay here. I just saw the email linking to this.

I feel quite bad now, I was trying to be funny. I dont think there is a "magic marker" tool.....:(

I just assumed that everyone knew about the magic markers which made ink vanish.

Richard slinks off and hides in shame

Hi, sorry about the delay here. I just saw the email linking to this.

I feel quite bad now, I was trying to be funny. I dont think there is a "magic marker" tool.....:(

I just assumed that everyone knew about the magic markers which made ink vanish.

Richard slinks off and hides in shame

I guess this is why they say sarcasm doesn't come across online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Leman wrote: »
    Well, it's been a month today that I sent back a faulty OCZ SSD, and I am still waiting on my €115 back from Komplett. :(

I'm going to ring them tomorrow and ask just what the **** is going on.

How did you get on? Just curious, is all. The only time I've ever had hassle with online retailers was with Komplett. Long story short, after loads of phone calls, and to-n-froing, I got my money back for the wrong part, only for them to take the whole amount out of my credit card a week later.

Komplett; never again.

I just bought stuff off HWVS, through paypal.There was a link on the order page. I assumed it was there for everyone.

I was going to buy a Razer Deathadder from HWVS last night as my mouse is lagging extremely badly for some reason. Think its faulty actually. I have to send it back to Komplett, but as it could take a long time, Im not wanting to return it until I have another to use.

What stopped me ordering it, was the 30euro postage charge! I think they have that charge no matter how much you order, but it seems ridiculous for such a small item. Is there any way to order based on parcel size and weight, rather than a uniform fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What stopped me ordering it, was the 30euro postage charge! I think they have that charge no matter how much you order, but it seems ridiculous for such a small item. Is there any way to order based on parcel size and weight, rather than a uniform fee?

Nope, you're out of luck. Best try Amazon. They have free delivery when you spend over £25, which I assume the Deathadder is.

The €30 charge is a pain for single items, but it's fantastic if you're ordering a full rig or a bunch of parts, particularly if you order a case.

Advertisement