Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Lost my LG Optimus 7 last night when I was out on the beer. Gutted I am!

Guess I have to splash out on a Lumia 800 now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

DjFlin wrote: »
    Aside from the under the hood stuff, is there anything noticeably different in Tango?

Not that I've noticed so far. The multiple-attachments in MMS is nifty but I don't know if I'll be using it anytime soon.

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. Is Find My Phone no use at all?

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/find

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

DjFlin wrote: »
    Aside from the under the hood stuff, is there anything noticeably different in Tango?

Its mainly under the hood. Just to make the OS more lean and more efficient. The only visually noticeable difference is you will see a notification in the taskbar when location services are used.
    T-b0n3 wrote: »

Try get a 610 or 710 from the north, some are there for 99 pound + unlocking fee. Sort of a waste of getting one when WP8 is a couple of months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Not that I've noticed so far. The multiple-attachments in MMS is nifty but I don't know if I'll be using it anytime soon.

Sorry to hear that. Is Find My Phone no use at all?

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/find

Yea I've tried that loads of times. it can't find it.
    Its mainly under the hood. Just to make the OS more lean and more efficient. The only visually noticeable difference is you will see a notification in the taskbar when location services are used.

Try get a 610 or 710 from the north, some are there for 99 pound + unlocking fee. Sort of a waste of getting one when WP8 is a couple of months away.

Yea maybe that would be a better idea actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The wife's Nokia 710 is on 7.10.8107.79 it's a sim free phone the carrier is shown as CV GB SW ID313 v02

I've tried to force an update numerous times using this guide but no joy.

I assume that their should be a later software version available for the phone, can anyone fill me in?

[Edit] I stuck with it and eventually succeeded in forcing an update to 7.10.8112.7 but she still doesn't have "internet sharing" what's the story with that?

[Edit 2] Kept at it and now it's at 7.10.8773.98 and she finally has internet sharing.

I was thrown by the fact that my Optimus 7 is only on 7.10.8107.79 but has had internet sharing for months, time to force some updates on it as well now.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Optimus 7 is selling for €127 online +20(?) shipping (vodafone branded) from price guard (who defiantly ship to Ireland, as I have ordered my optimus 7 from them)
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B0049I4EFG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

According to the description, it has no simlock
    The translated description:
    "original goods with VF Start up animation, without a contract, no Simlock. The phone can be used with all simcards. 24 months statutory warranty incl VAT invoice on your behalf"

N64 wrote: »
    Optimus 7 is selling for €127 online +20(?) shipping (vodafone branded) from price guard (who defiantly ship to Ireland, as I have ordered my optimus 7 from them)
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B0049I4EFG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

According to the description, it has no simlock
    The translated description:
    "original goods with VF Start up animation, without a contract, no Simlock. The phone can be used with all simcards. 24 months statutory warranty incl VAT invoice on your behalf"

Its a great phone for the money, but based on feedback from people here the phone comes with few too many problems, a few of them falling apart too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Its a great phone for the money, but based on feedback from people here the phone comes with few too many problems, a few of them falling apart too.

Mine's perfect, never had it in a case either.

I'd consider it a proper bargain at that price

I have had mine for just over a year now and nothing has fallen off it

How did you guys get the phone to update to tango? I flashed mine to the OPN firmware, if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

N64 wrote: »
    How did you guys get the phone to update to tango? I flashed mine to the OPN firmware, if that makes a difference.

Same procedure as this guide for forcing Mango update. I found that leaving the internet connection on for a couple of seconds before cutting it did the trick.

It took me about 15 attempts with the wife's Nokia 710 before I could force the first update but got my Optimus 7 with the first attempt.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Both my parents have one and they are still working great. They haven't had any problems with them. Maybe (as with all phones) someone got a dodge one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

yampire wrote: »
    Window should do something now because Android takes all of its market, as I am loyal so waiting for the better version of windows other than flop window phone 7

What are you on about or are you here just to troll? How is WP7 a flop, care to backup anything you have said?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Am having a laugh with the Viber app but am wondering how long more will it be until they add voice to it. It can't be that hard given their experience/expertise!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

Did anyone get mms working on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,711 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

AltAccount wrote: »
    Mine's perfect, never had it in a case either.

I'd consider it a proper bargain at that price

We have a load of them (30+) in the office here and nothing but complaints about them.

Mostly OS stuff to be fair to the handset (keyboard sucks, stuff that's taken for granted on an iPhone/Android just isn't there and so on) but we've had several broken screens, others just going dead, and the one I have has a habit of rebooting to the LG screen and staying there (and getting very hot too) until the battery is pulled for about 20 mins (just taking it out and putting it back in doesn't clear it). Being a work phone I have feck all on it except the stock (VF) preload apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Other than one instance where it stopped seeing my sim (a long lie down in a dark room sorted that out) my optimus 7 has been rock solid, no case on it and I've given it some abuse over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Bambi wrote: »
    Other than one instance where it stopped seeing my sim (a long lie down in a dark room sorted that out) my optimus 7 has been rock solid, no case on it and I've given it some abuse over the last year.

What do you mean a long lie down in a dark room?

My Optimus 7 loses connection to my provider every couple of days. A reboot usually sorts it.

Every 4 to 5 months its like it kills my sim and i have to go to o2 to get a new sim

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

moonboy52 wrote: »
    What do you mean a long lie down in a dark room?

Took the battery/sim out and left the optimus alone for a few days as I suspected it was moisture that had caused the problem. Sorted it out.

• Advertisement

Got the tango update working now on my optimus 7. OPN firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Hey guys,

I really want to change my Windows Live ID but obviously not lose my 1.5 years worth of Windows Phone app purchases and SkyDrive info etc.

Does anyone know if there's any way to carry over purchases? Or at the very least, just change my ID to a newer (less stupid email that 16 year old me made) email address.

I realize that this isn't a direct WP7 question but they're linked so any help would make me love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Looks good. Only gripe I got about my address it ends in .co.uk which is pretty annoying for me. All phones have a .com button :( people also think my address is fame because usually people only have heard of a .com ending

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Ooh, that looks very helpful. Must give it a whirl tomorrow evening, thanks for that dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Undead wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I really want to change my Windows Live ID but obviously not lose my 1.5 years worth of Windows Phone app purchases and SkyDrive info etc.

Does anyone know if there's any way to carry over purchases? Or at the very least, just change my ID to a newer (less stupid email that 16 year old me made) email address.

I realize that this isn't a direct WP7 question but they're linked so any help would make me love you!

If you've got an Xbox, you can change the account associated with your gamertag. I'm not sure how to do it via PC, but it has to be possible.

I done it through Xbox about a year ago, and it migrated all my purchases on XBL and WP7 just fine.

My Titan is giving me a ton of problems :( got it sent away third time now.

Not too bothered about any of the other ones really, except that the coverage has been getting terrible and it constantly shuts itself down and I have to pull out the battery to get it back up again.

Was a brilliant phone in the start, started giving me grief afterwards. Repair company replaced the chipset on the 2nd repair with a used one which works even worse...

Any one else out with the same problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

How old is the Titan?

How old is the Titan?

Bought in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Bought in November.

It could be time to exercise your consumer rights and demand a new phone. Hence how I got my lumia 800 in place of my non booting LG 18 months on..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement