Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm New To Xbox Megathread : CHRISTMAS 2014 EDITION

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I have bought my little fellow ;) an xbox one for Xmas. He has a 360. It's a surprise.
    We have a little discussion about the One today and he is worried that he would lose all his Minecraft saved games.
    Is it easy enough to move them over to the ONE? the help page says they can be moved one at a time but that won't work as the 360 is going to a very needy place on Xmas eve so I need to do all the saving etc by then.
    Can I stick them on a USB stick or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have bought my little fellow ;) an xbox one for Xmas. He has a 360. It's a surprise.
    We have a little discussion about the One today and he is worried that he would lose all his Minecraft saved games.
    Is it easy enough to move them over to the ONE? the help page says they can be moved one at a time but that won't work as the 360 is going to a very needy place on Xmas eve so I need to do all the saving etc by then.

Just the 1 at a time to cloud storage as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It has to be done from within the 360 version of the the game , copying to cloud or a USB won't work I'm afraid.

Make sure you are online , connected to xbox live on the 360 and accept any patches if prompted when running minecraft, it will have an option there when to load it up to export the save to their server. Then load up the game on the one and retrieve it. As Misky said it has to be done one at a time if he has more than one world. They are not very big files so will only take a few minutes.

Now if he has only one world/save it's a matter of doing that now on the 360 and then retrieving it on the one later as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

Hi .Anyone having any issues today trying to redeem codes on Xbox Live. Trying to redeem my Fifa 15 Digital code all day but keeps coming up with "oops something went wrong". Have had 2 painstaking attempts on Xbox Chat support but still not resolved. Looks like it might be an issue with redeeming purchased content on Xbox Live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

patq16 wrote: »
    Hi .Anyone having any issues today trying to redeem codes on Xbox Live. Trying to redeem my Fifa 15 Digital code all day but keeps coming up with "oops something went wrong". Have had 2 painstaking attempts on Xbox Chat support but still not resolved. Looks like it might be an issue with redeeming purchased content on Xbox Live.

Indeed. If you ever encounter a recurring problem while interacting with Xbox Live, then your first port of call should be the Xbox Live Status page.

Right now, it's showing "Purchase and Content Usage: Limited", but only for the COD: AW season pass. Perhaps the issue has expanded beyond that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Indeed. If you ever encounter a recurring problem while interacting with Xbox Live, then your first port of call should be the Xbox Live Status page.

Right now, it's showing "Purchase and Content Usage: Limited", but only for the COD: AW season pass. Perhaps the issue has expanded beyond that.

I've often found that there are usually more services affected than the generally let on.

maybe the OP could try redeeming the code from the website and letting it auto download to his console then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

The issue stems from having EA Access installed on your Xbox lads, I saw some posts on Reddit about it. They had to remove EA Access before the download started working I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

*Update*On Redeeming Fifa 15 code. It took two days, 5 Chat Supports from Xbox Support 7/8 emails and 3 phone calls from them before eventually they fixed it from their end. Some conflict between my Ea Access account and the digital code. The code was still valid all along but just wouldn't go through on either the Xbox console or through the laptop!! . I will have one happy boy Xmas morning so it was worth all the hassle.. :)

In the middle of setting up a new One for a family member, downloading forza 5 would not be an option for them on a 1mb connection.

Just posting a heads up to all those with minecraft on disc, the install takes about 10 seconds, there doesn't seem to be anything on the disc except a set up which goes out and downloads the most up to date version. It's not huge about 650mb so worth bearing in mind of waiting until xmas morning thinking you'll be good to go with the game on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hope there's so big Fifa updates on Thursday morning!

• Advertisement

Hope there's so big Fifa updates on Thursday morning!

Installed that too it's around 400mb

calex71 wrote: »
    Installed that too it's around 400mb

Thats OK, my 3mb connection can cope with that.

Picked up the XB1 and Fifa 15 disc for 389 in Argos today.

Will I have to buy gold or will I get a free month when I make a new account?

Thats OK, my 3mb connection can cope with that.

Picked up the XB1 and Fifa 15 disc for 389 in Argos today.

Will I have to buy gold or will I get a free month when I make a new account?

free month yes but you have to add a credit card to get it :mad:

theres a 14 day trial in the box, use that than buy a sub online

calex71 wrote: »
    free month yes but you have to add a credit card to get it :mad:

theres a 14 day trial in the box, use that than buy a sub online

I'll use the 02 money card for that so.

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

Have Forza5 and Sunset Overdrive on disc to installed. Does the game install from the disc to the HD or does it download online to the HD. I ask the question as I am a bit concerned by my data usage limit given the size of the game files, updates and OS updates I have seen even before the console has been used in anger. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Browning wrote: »
    Have Forza5 and Sunset Overdrive on disc to installed. Does the game install from the disc to the HD or does it download online to the HD. I ask the question as I am a bit concerned by my data usage limit given the size of the game files, updates and OS updates I have seen even before the console has been used in anger. Thanks for your help.

Both. The game files that are on the disc will be downloaded to the disc, while any post release content and patches, which with Forza 5 is substantial, will be downloaded. If you want to limit your downloads for the rest of the month you might want to keep your console offline.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Disconnect the Xbox from the internet and install, then reconnect to download the patches.

The patches will still be a fair size though, so its probably best to bring it round to a mates house to download them.

I have all the latest patches and OS updates done as far as I know. I completed these last Wednesday when I loaded up Halo, Destiny, FH2, DR3, FIFA, COD GHOSTS, Just Dance 15. Any idea on the size of updates I can expect for FORZA and Sunset ? If there too big I might just have to hold back those two games (Think they have enough to get them going) or is it possible to play without the downloading the patches ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I assume there have been updates for the new COD game and GTA ? if so any idea of sixs please

I have all the latest patches and OS updates done as far as I know. I completed these last Wednesday when I loaded up Halo, Destiny, FH2, DR3, FIFA, COD GHOSTS, Just Dance 15. Any idea on the size of updates I can expect for FORZA and Sunset ? If there too big I might just have to hold back those two games (Think they have enough to get them going) or is it possible to play without the downloading the patches ?

Only updated Sunset myself this morning and for the life of me can't recall what it was exactly. Maybe around 500mb, I'm guessing I'll check later when I'm on it. It's possible to play without patches but you have to disconnect the xbox from the network. Otherwise I don't think it will let you proceed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

As I said Forza 5 is substantial iirc its about 20GB as it adds quite a few cars and 4-5 tracks including the Nurburgring. It's possible to play without the patches if the console is offline, though as soon as it goes online it will try to download the patches if automatic downloads is turned on, otherwise it will prompt you when starting the game.

I just realised its the Game of the Year version I have for Forza5. This came out earlier this year so hopefully it may have a lot of the additional content included. If the Sunset update is only 500mb I can live with that.

I just realised its the Game of the Year version I have for Forza5. This came out earlier this year so hopefully it may have a lot of the additional content included. If the Sunset update is only 500mb I can live with that.

The Game of the Year stuff will most likely be codes for downloads and not on the disc, can't say for certain but thats how they usually go. That kind of content is considered optional and not required to play online afaik

I know the version I installed the other night had a code for the actual game and one to download cars and tracks.

Fifa taking its time to install....

Maybe I should have clicked update later instead of update now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Welcome noobish ones :D

Got installed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

what were u doing up at 5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JamBur

Goodbye fair 360, you served me well. Welcome sweet xbox one, I hope you live up to the billing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

For the 18gb halo update can i download it in the background while playing?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    what were u doing up at 5 :D

I blame the younger siblings!

Advertisement