Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you a fag?......leads to assault

Options
  • 26-11-2015 11:35am
    Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Reading about this in Galway, the poor guy had his jaw broken, when asked for a cigarette some chicken-**** decided to blindside him with a punch, what in God's name is wrong with people?
    This really angers me, as it happens the exact same thing happened to me too a few years ago, spent a week in hospital, really ****ed with my mental health for a long time.

Why do people feel the need to hurt someone over nothing, it's a totally shameful act.

I hope whoever done this gets a big dose of karma.

Rant over.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

Very sorry to hear that , What a sick thing to do.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

For every 3/4/10 nice/normal people, theres at least 1 absolute tosser scumbag waste of a human life lurking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Have you a link tothis...

it is a disgrace that this happens in our society... I rarely see it outside of the Anglo Saxon countries...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway city thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057527850

Hope the Gardai find these scum and throw them down some stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Agree with you, random violence us awful and does **** with your head after you're a victim of it. I had my first dose of it as a teen in London when someone ran up behind me and hit me with a table leg, I actually got the weapon off him and managed to chase him and his friends off so logically I "won" the encounter. That doesn't matter though because I guarantee he wasn't looking over his shoulder for years. Had a few attempted robberies on me over there too, never actually gave anything up but it still changes your mentality when you're out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Thanks, seriously Garda should be stopping groups of wasters about towns and cities late at night (the ones that obviously not out for social reasons)
    Stop them, take names and tell them...."anything happens in town tonight we'll be looking for you lot to see if your involved"..can't be that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Scummers gonna scum and Galway is brutal for unprovoked attacks. Have heard and known so many people getting viciously assaulted for no reason there, not just random punches but full on random beat-downs.

One friend was bottled over the head as he walked home alone after being asked for a fag, he lost an enormous amount of blood. He was told that another short while of bleeding out and he was a goner, scummers were never caught.

I like the place but there's a lot of dodge spots you just don't walk around alone at night, even if it's to some of the 24-hour shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Seriously?

We can hope

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I find it really scummy to just go ask a perfect stranger for a smoke. Imagine walking up to someone and saying "you wouldn't have a spare chewing gum* bud would ya?".

*although if they said an extra Wrigley's Extra I'd be inclined to give them one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DubiousV

*although if they said an extra Wrigley's Extra I'd be inclined to give them one.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if that's a double entendre or not, think I need another coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Then it's called justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You know what, you are right. We should give violent thugs sweets and cuddles. That'll teach them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So the solution to violent crime is to have those who are meant to prevent it indulge in it themselves?

Nobody said it's a solution. It's been going on since the formation of the Gards and hasn't solved anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You know what, you are right. We should give violent thugs sweets and cuddles. That'll teach them.

Don't forget, these poor thugs probably come from poor, unloved, substance abusing backgrounds (i.e. the usual crap peddled out in the courts), so cuddles and sweets might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

BattleCorp wrote: »

Yeah, especially the diabetic ones.

Any time a random scummer approaches me asking for change, cigarette to borrow my phone I'm immediately thinking they are on the prowl to do something like this. Luckily nothing has ever materialised.

My ole la was heading to the chipper one night after a few pints almost 20 years ago, he'd have been about 50, very respectable looking chap but well able to handle himself (two wins away from national boxing title back in the day when he was 19), two scummers asked him would he have 50p.

Ole lad knew what was coming, sized them up, dug deep into his pocket, pulled out some change, put his hand out low towards the nearest fella and says "Is there a 50p there for you?". Your man leaned in, ole lad grabbed him by the neck and head butted him. Other cnut wasn't interested in any 50p after that. The ole lad is pretty cool tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭ceannair06

Augeo wrote: »
    Any time a random scummer approaches me asking for change, cigarette to borrow my phone I'm immediately thinking they are on the prowl to do something like this. Luckily nothing has ever materialised.

My ole la was heading to the chipper one night after a few pints almost 20 years ago, he'd have been about 50, very respectable looking chap but well able to handle himself (two wins away from national boxing title back in the day when he was 19), two scummers asked him would he have 50p.

Ole lad knew what was coming, sized them up, dug deep into his pocket, pulled out some change, put his hand out low towards the nearest fella and says "Is there a 50p there for you?". Your man leaned in, ole lad grabbed him by the neck and head butted him. Other cnut wasn't interested in any 50p after that. The ole lad is pretty cool tbf.

What a man!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Don't forget, these poor thugs probably come from poor, unloved, substance abusing backgrounds (i.e. the usual crap peddled out in the courts), so cuddles and sweets might do the trick.

You say that like it isn't true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Augeo wrote: »

was ole lad wearing a Sombrero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Scummers gonna scum and Galway is brutal for unprovoked attacks. Have heard and known so many people getting viciously assaulted for no reason there, not just random punches but full on random beat-downs.

One friend was bottled over the head as he walked home alone after being asked for a fag, he lost an enormous amount of blood. He was told that another short while of bleeding out and he was a goner, scummers were never caught.

I like the place but there's a lot of dodge spots you just don't walk around alone at night, even if it's to some of the 24-hour shops.

Is this renowned as a galway thing, was attacked by a group of lads driving a galway reg car, all country lads, not great at the accents but doesn't chnage the fact they were and are scum.
    While I've had people face off to me in Dublin, this was particular in that I was asked an innocent question and blindsided when I let my gaurd down, despite getting a dig full on in the jaw/cheek the scumbag surprisingly didn't manage to knock me over as I was fairly drunk, have to say since that I'm very cautious about people getting close and and for signs of impending violence, fortunately it was only a box, although was followed by a barrage of them from his mates too, I was lucky my incident didn't involve a knife, knew a guy who met his end in that way.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

I honestly don't give sweet **** as to what way they were reared...on some level of intelligence (even an low IQ) everyone knows beating the **** out of someone for nothing is wrong.
    It should be treated as attempted murder in my eyes..
    ....what if that galway guys neck had been broken instead of his jaw.

was ole lad wearing a Sombrero?

Would have had a flat cap if it was winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BlibBlab

Similar thing happened to me, was asked if I had a cigarette, said no I don't smoke and was punched in the face. Luckily I came out of it with only a bruise and not a broken jaw, but most of these scum should be locked up. Nearly guaranteed they have several prior convictions, and thats only on the stuff thats reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

About 6 years ago. North Main St in Cork.

Walking home with the older brother after a few pints.

Three 'youths' round the corner, drinking from glass bottles.
    I can tell that they're spoiling for some aggro.

One says to the brother "Do you have a light?"

"Nah boy, I don't smoke"

"I DIDN'T FCKING ASKED YOU IF YOU SMOKED!!"

Get's into his face as he shouts this, while raising his bottle as if to smash his face.
    Brother, stupidly and drunkenly, squares up to him. I pull him away and we file away.
    He was being the big man in front of his pals*

So not 10 seconds later a squad car rounds the corner onto the North Main St, the 3 lads make a dash for it.
    I ran after the aggressor and caught him a little up the street. Just grabbed him by the jacket. Not a rugby tackle or anything heroic.

The squad car pulls over, tell me they'll take it from there and start to question him.
    Seemed like we weren't the first to get some aggro from them according to one guard.

I'll always remember his answer to how old he was.

"17th May 1991" - In that high pitched, butter wouldn't melt in my mouth way.

A hard man no more, just a chicken **** cowards with fck all better to do with themselves .

* His 'pals' obviously left him to it with the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

...and don't forget the rental suit and the girlfriend with baby on loan for court appearances. After 87 appearances the baby never ages and the girlfriend comes in all shapes and sizes. Another ASBO and 4 weeks picking up litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Any sweeties on ya pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Any sweeties on ya pal?

Are ye lookin' ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

So the solution to violent crime is to have those who are meant to prevent it indulge in it themselves?

Now you're getting it. Would you be so quick to turn the other cheek if it was your child on the receiving end?

Advertisement