Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tito"came to amends" with Dana, possible Franklin showdown at UFC 103

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Whoa!! Whats with all the Coleman hate? The guys a stud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Killme00 wrote: »
    ?

I'd say he's referring to the Shogun fight. Shogun wasn't much better in fairness though :)

How did he look against Bonnar? I haven't seen it yet. He won the decision in the end so his cardio must have been alright in that one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

He didnt really do much in the Bonnar fight. He got on top and just laid there for the majority of it. His shots at the end of it was pretty pathetic too, it was like slow motion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Also, I didn't know UFC fights could end in a draw. Well , at least not the UFC of today.
    Very easily.Tito won 2 rounds to rashads 1 so 29-28 but Tito got a point taken off for grabbing the fence so 28-28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Jeez, I just checked Ortiz's record cause I couldn't remember the last time he fought.

He's only had 2 fights since 2006, a draw and a loss. Has he still got it like or will he just do a comeback fight , get some money and be crap and then no one bothers with him ? I hate big money fights that are crap tbh.

Also, I didn't know UFC fights could end in a draw. Well , at least not the UFC of today.

Ortiz has had a broken back since his loss to Couture, no wonder he could not fight as often as he'd like. He has had back surgery, paid for by himself. Dana refused for the UFC to pay it even though it happened in one of their events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 robgordon

I'd like to see a Forrest Griffin rematch.

Me too.

I think Franklyn will finish Tito if this does go ahead.

Sammy83 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_107

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
    Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo
    Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman

Wow...

Interesting to say the least if it is indeed true about Tito's return

Mir vs Kongo is an odd one. I didn't see that one coming. Really looking forward to Jackson vs Evans

robgordon wrote: »
    Me too.

I think Franklyn will finish Tito if this does go ahead.
    Not with Titos head :pac:

Not with Titos head :pac:

Fair point

Has anyone read Tito's book? I read it on a plane ride back from the states. Only MMA biography i've read, and he doesn't come across well AT ALL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

robgordon wrote: »
    Fair point

Has anyone read Tito's book? I read it on a plane ride back from the states. Only MMA biography i've read, and he doesn't come across well AT ALL.

I actually think he came across quite well. Read Matt Hughes' one as well and he came across as a complete d^ck IMO.

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    I actually think he came across quite well. Read Matt Hughes' one as well and he came across as a complete d^ck IMO.

Don't like Hughes at all, either. Great fighter all the same. He just made a lot of excuses in the chapters before fights, which bothered me. Granted, I was reading it on an overnight flight from New York, so may have just been jetlagged :)

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Id agree with this.Tito came off well in his.
    Hughes came off pretty badly(im still a fan though)
    I dunno what to think of Liddells.Half of it felt like it was written with Dana sitting on his shoulder

Id agree with this.Tito came off well in his.
    Hughes came off pretty badly(im still a fan though)
    I dunno what to think of Liddells.Half of it felt like it was written with Dana sitting on his shoulder

Has anyone read Randy's? I might pick it up for the holliers

Has Tito returned to UFC?

It say's on Dana's twitter 'welcome back Tito''

I find it funnier that it says "welcome back tito" with a smiley face at the end :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ortiz has had a broken back since his loss to Couture, no wonder he could not fight as often as he'd like. He has had back surgery, paid for by himself. Dana refused for the UFC to pay it even though it happened in one of their events.

The UFC didn't refuse, Tito went to their insurance company and they turned down his claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

They refused claiming it was a pre existing injury, which may or may not have merit to it. Dont really tend to believe Tito or insurance companies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin at UFC 103. :D

Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin at UFC 103. :D

I really dunno how to call this one.I kinda hope Ace more since its at 205 and I wanna see him do well there and Vitor continue at MW

Advertisement