Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Busy couple of weekends:

Unimog and Sandcrawler completed.

Busy couple of weekends:

Unimog and Sandcrawler completed.

Photo attached.

The Unimog is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »

I sow it, but somehow it is meh for me.

I have not bough lego in ages, but I would love to get that red technic truck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

These are the two latest Lego purchases from my two older boys.

My 6 year old's purchase:

My 4 year old's purchase (he's in speech therapy so please be kind):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

HobbyMan wrote: »
    These are the two latest Lego purchases from my two older boys.
    As much as I love the enthusiasm of all the AFOL on the forum, there's something absolutely magic about kids showing off their creations.

Kudos HobbyMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ron DMC wrote: »
    As much as I love the enthusiasm of all the AFOL on the forum, there's something absolutely magic about kids showing off their creations.

Kudos HobbyMan

Apologies but I'm off topic, but just wanted to add a quick post. Lurked a bit on the forum recently, but just want to echo what Ron DMC says HobbyMan, fantastic vids and 2 future youtube stars.

My 2 boys 6 and 9 have just (re?)discovered lego after years of sets being left unmade or bricks being unplayed with. My eldest has spent most of his communion money on various star wars sets, 75042 the latest.

IMG_20140724_13033_edit_1406203437075_zpsd4gm6amz.jpg

9 Year old HAS to have a bowl to put each bag in, wont work without one. Worst of it for me is neither want my help when they make up sets.

Think this is my new favourite forum on boards, hidden gem. Thanks lads and sorry again for going off topic.

Bought 9397 the Logging Truck on the eBay, awaiting delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

My Mini Cooper is in the post.

Hopefully will look good beside the VW Camper and the Sopwith Camel.

the-ging wrote: »

I was tempted but decided not to get the Mini. The Mini Mini looks cooler, in fairness.

Love the Sopwith Camel though.

Will most likely get the new Tumbler: http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/The-Tumbler-76023?fromListing=listing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Took advantage of the recent lowish price on Amazon :D

Paddy

316358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

We have the arctic base camp hidden in a box upstairs waiting on the 9 year olds 10th birthday on Monday. Now I want to get the spaceship as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Snap, ordered yesterday to take advantage of the free Mini before that offer finished.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Snap, ordered yesterday to take advantage of the free Mini before that offer finished.

Mine got delivered today. Bigger box than i was expecting. I don't think there was ever a poly bag offer that I cared for. Usually just give them to the neighbours for their grand kid. Picked up the research institute and exo suit as well. RI has apparently shipped but the exo suit is on back order. I didn't realise the run was so limited. I do keep meaning to pick up the sopwith. It's my favour ww1 aircraft and its meant to be EOL soon. Other sets just keep taking its place.

Mine got delivered today. Bigger box than i was expecting. I don't think there was ever a poly bag offer that I cared for. Usually just give them to the neighbours for their grand kid. Picked up the research institute and exo suit as well. RI has apparently shipped but the exo suit is on back order. I didn't realise the run was so limited. I do keep meaning to pick up the sopwith. It's my favour ww1 aircraft and its meant to be EOL soon. Other sets just keep taking its place.

The mini is alit bigger than I was expecting. But its a great looking set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just got back from the Grand Prix and picked up these two for free... So technically not purchases but still!

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

My Tumbler arrived this morning - the box is flippin' massive!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

My Evo Suit was waiting for me on my desk yesterday. It's a lovely model and a bit bigger than I was expecting.

I also made a bad hyperlapse of building it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLvxhEZ9wEE

Draco wrote: »
    My Evo Suit was waiting for me on my desk yesterday. It's a lovely model and a bit bigger than I was expecting.

I also made a bad hyperlapse of building it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLvxhEZ9wEE

I was in two minds about this set, but having seen the video I actually want one.

But its sold out. And I read something online that they might be making only 10,000 of them. Looks like my luck is out.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I ordered mine a few days after launch and it was sold out then. I think they're releasing them in batches as they're made so it might be worth putting in an order - you won't be changed until it ships anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I was in two minds about this set, but having seen the video I actually want one.

But its sold out. And I read something online that they might be making only 10,000 of them. Looks like my luck is out.

Usually when it's marked as sold out without an expected ship date that's it no more coming.

If you look at the Tumbler it's sold out but has an expected shipping day, while the exosuit doesn't

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The feeling seems to be that more will be released when the current back log of orders is sorted out, so I wouldn't rule it out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The feeling seems to be that more will be released when the current back log of orders is sorted out, so I wouldn't rule it out yet.

About a month before it shipped it was flagged (by the designer IIRC) as having a very limited production run - either 10k or 20k. Not sure if they'll changed that tbh. I'm guessing TLG knows it's an artificial demand, owing to a **** ton of orders coming from scalpers hoping to profit in the long term. There was one guy on brickpicker (a site I detest)claiming he'd managed to secure 57 of them. I'm guessing it's the same story with the research institute.

It's only because I woke early on the day of release, checked Brickset and saw that they were available that I ordered one of each. I wasn't entirely certain that I wanted either, but I was damned if I was paying ebay prices if I changed my mind.

Really like RI actually, it's also slightly galling that you get a printed brick for that tiny 20 euro set and stickers for the 210 euro Tumbler. I'm still not gone on the Exosuit. It's more the "classic-ness" of the theme/minifigs that drew it to me. Really do like the Ideas boxes, but feck if the couldn't have shipped one a third of the size for the Exosuit. It was downright empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

About a month before it shipped it was flagged (by the designer IIRC) as having a very limited production run - either 10k or 20k. Not sure if they'll changed that tbh. I'm guessing TLG knows it's an artificial demand, owing to a **** ton of orders coming from scalpers hoping to profit in the long term. There was one guy on brickpicker (a site I detest)claiming he'd managed to secure 57 of them. I'm guessing it's the same story with the research institute.

It's only because I woke early on the day of release, checked Brickset and saw that they were available that I ordered one of each. I wasn't entirely certain that I wanted either, but I was damned if I was paying ebay prices if I changed my mind.

Really like RI actually, it's also slightly galling that you get a printed brick for that tiny 20 euro set and stickers for the 210 euro Tumbler. I'm still not gone on the Exosuit. It's more the "classic-ness" of the theme/minifigs that drew it to me. Really do like the Ideas boxes, but feck if the couldn't have shipped one a third of the size for the Exosuit. It was downright empty.

There are a couple of reports that suggest we might get more, though it's far from certain. Here is a post on the LEGO Ideas blog, it's a little vague but it does make it sound like it would be available again after the back orders are cleared:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/17

And here's a report from The Brothers Brick who had been in touch with someone from LEGO that stated there would be further production runs:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2014/08/09/fear-not-the-lego-exo-suit-is-not-a-limited-run-news/

I'm waiting for mine still; I ordered it on August 8th. I did it just in time, the next day it went from back ordered to sold out. Expected ship date September 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Got this!

And this...

And this, also have the other two but they are missing minifigs and parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Images cant be displayed for all, I must know what you got!

Thargor wrote: »
    Images cant be displayed for all, I must know what you got!

Sorry. Its the winter village collection. Market, cottage and post office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Seem to be working fine now.

Advertisement