Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CADETSHIPS 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I wear contacts and glasses as of the last few months , would this cause me any problems in my application for the army ?

I completed my fitness test without any problems last week.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

It depends what your eyesight is like.

It depends what your eyesight is like.

Pretty bad without the contacts tbh !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ronsonmac

Does anyone have any idea how many people applied for the cadetships this year, across the army, navy and air corps??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blondie.paula

Got my acceptance e-mail to stage 2 yesterday. Delighted :D Does anyone know how many applied, or how many sat stage 1?

Also, any information about or tips on stage 2?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Are many privates selected as cadets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Got my acceptance e-mail to stage 2 yesterday. Delighted :D Does anyone know how many applied, or how many sat stage 1?

Also, any information about or tips on stage 2?

I don't know how many applied but there are still leaving certs like me due to do the PT on the 26th of June so there'll probably be no figures until after that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blondie.paula

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    I don't know how many applied but there are still leaving certs like me due to do the PT on the 26th of June so there'll probably be no figures until after that date.

I'm in leaving cert as well. Are you talking about the air corps??? I'm talking about the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Thors Hammer

My advice would be to get training for the fitness test. Quite a few people were caught out by the push ups and the run last year. Its not something you will be able to show up on the day and complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 superbaby88

Hello all, this is my second year going for the cadets, lost out in stage 2 last year at the group assessment. This year I'm through to stage 2 again but have a slight problem. I broke my thumb in a football match 3 weeks ago and the cast will still be on come stage 2. It won't affect the run but may affect the push ups, I could do the plank if they wanted for a few mins, but have any of you seen somebody excused for push-ups before...

• Advertisement

Hello all, this is my second year going for the cadets, lost out in stage 2 last year at the group assessment. This year I'm through to stage 2 again but have a slight problem. I broke my thumb in a football match 3 weeks ago and the cast will still be on come stage 2. It won't affect the run but may affect the push ups, I could do the plank if they wanted for a few mins, but have any of you seen somebody excused for push-ups before...

Hi there,

As far as I know if you don't complete the fitness test on the day you will not be allowed to progress. There is a strict 'no re-test' policy also. But there are certain medical circumstances in which they will allow you some scope to become fit at a later date but I don't know if that applies to the fitness test. You should call competitions section on Monday and ask their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Do you not need a letter from your own GP, stamped and signed, saying you are fit and able to partake in the test?

If this is the case your doctor won't sign the letter in your case I'd say.

Cheers for replies. It's a bit awkward looking but I can manage 20 press-ups on my knuckles. Will send an e-mail to them anyways.

Arrah local womanizer, will ya shtop, them letters are for fitness, health issues not a silly cast man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Arrah local womanizer, will ya shtop, them letters are for fitness, health issues not a silly cast man.

Well, the letter is to state are you fit and able to perform the fitness test. Should a doctor sign off on you and you further damage your hand while in the process of the push ups they leave themselves open to plenty of hassle.

And likewise with the Army, if anything will put them at risk legally you can be sure they won't go near it.

And last time I check, anything to do with your body is a health issue ;)

Just don't be surprised to get to the fitness centre and to be shown the gate straight away, they have done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

No one found out how many applied for the Army cadetship competition yet no?

I'd say you're talking about over 2000 anyway. I haven't seen any newspaper articles like those relating to general enlistment, which is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Yeah it was about 1800 last from what I remember (don't quote me on that), so its probably something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

No one found out how many applied for the Army cadetship competition yet no?

I've been hearing figures of 3000 being bandied about. Again tis all whispers.

I was hearing it was in the region on 7000 lads ! Didn't 10000 apply last time round ?

Anyone a bit puzzled by the maths for test next week ?

• Advertisement

I was hearing it was in the region on 7000 lads ! Didn't 10000 apply last time round ?

Aren't they taking 300 spread over the week, so it seems fairly reasonable?

Aren't they taking 300 spread over the week, so it seems fairly reasonable?

You mean taking on 300 over the 3 days for the test or actually employing 300 already ?

If its the test , only 300 have made it through ?

You mean taking on 300 over the 3 days for the test or actually employing 300 already ?

Yeah 300 made it through to stage two, so they run it over the course of a week in various groups. They will take about 100 for the final interview stage and the class will be 21 in size if I remember correctly.

Yeah 300 made it through to stage two, so they run it over the course of a week in various groups. They will take about 100 for the final interview stage and the class will be 21 in size if I remember correctly.

Only 300 have made it through ! I'm actually shocked. I taught thousands applied and thousands would of made it through too stage 2 aswell considering the fitness test is pretty basic.

If only 100 make it through to the interview stage , how many are the army actually looking to employ ? I heard they were taking on 500 between all the barracks.

Cheers for the info :)

Only 300 have made it through ! I'm actually shocked. I taught thousands applied and thousands would of made it through too stage 2 aswell considering the fitness test is pretty basic.

If only 100 make it through to the interview stage , how many are the army actually looking to employ ? I heard they were taking on 500 between all the barracks.

I'd say you are thinking of the general enlistment: they will be taking on 500.

I was talking about the Cadetship competition and they will take 21.

I'd say you are thinking of the general enlistment: they will be taking on 500.

I was talking about the Cadetship competition and they will take 21.

Bare with me , I'm a bit confused now :). What is the actual difference between the general enlistment and the cadetship competition ?

When I applied I taught I entered the competition for a cadetship through the army ?

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

When I applied I taught I entered the competition for a cadetship through the army ?

Cheers

Who said you didn't?

Bare with me , I'm a bit confused now :). What is the actual difference between the general enlistment and the cadetship competition ?

Cheers
    All your emails from competitions section should clearly say cadetship competition 2012 at the top. your email for stage two should give you a breakdown of numbers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Cheers

This is the Cadet thread. There is a huge difference between the cadetship competition and general enlistment. You should really do some research on it especially if your considering the army as a career.

• Advertisement

ye i really should, cheers sorry for the mix up.:)

Advertisement