Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭corkie

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why are we being rode on the exchange rate?

Not only exchange rate but EU tax on the apps as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Testament1 wrote: »
    You can install Superuser straight from the Play store but you still need to root first or its useless as far as I know.

It's aa root method I'm after that's not overly complicated to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Download supersu 2.46, a quick Google will get you a link.

Put it on the device somewhere.

Revolt to recovery.

Find the zip file you downloaded. Flash it.

Device rooted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

RossieMan wrote: »
    Download supersu 2.46, a quick Google will get you a link.

Put it on the device somewhere.

Revolt to recovery.

Find the zip file you downloaded. Flash it.

Device rooted.

Only if you have a custom recovery and not the locked down stock one that devices come with. Installing a custom recovery requires you to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Installing a custom recovery requires you to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the device.

Not on the vsu6 that he wants to root.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

corkie wrote: »
    Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee --- Android released today.

Hoping it is as good as Strangers Wrath

Is this a platformer or similar to Strangers Wrath? I played the original 2 games way back in the day and they were fantastic, but Strangers Wrath was not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like a 3D game with steep enough minimum requirements. Click the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Have to say, trick shot was one off the most enjoyable games I played in a while.

Same here. I played through it twice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Mr E wrote: »
    Same here. I played through it twice. :)

Some levels were impossibly hard, while they next one was dead easy, I was surprised at my own perseverance, only having to youtube one solution (for shame, I know I know)

Was definitely my favourite time killer this year, big thanks for the recommendation dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Only if you have a custom recovery and not the locked down stock one that devices come with. Installing a custom recovery requires you to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the device.

I have rooted three (stock) vodafone smart ultra 6 phone using the method mentioned here, just reboot to recovery and install supersu zip .Most be one of the easiest phones to root and using some xposed battery modules the battery last nearly last 3 days :D

Snowc wrote: »
    I have rooted three (stock) vodafone smart ultra 6 phone using the method mentioned here, just reboot to recovery and install supersu zip .Most be one of the easiest phones to root and using some xposed battery modules the battery last nearly last 3 days :D

Failed root numerous times, not comfortable methods other than one click root so left it altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Football manager mobile has finally been released.

Goodbye to my life..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Goodbye to my life..

Oh no....tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Goodbye to my life..

Is the mobile version not poor in comparison?

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Is the mobile version not poor in comparison?

Not as detailed as the pc version but it suits me as I don't have endless hours to be doing interviews and studying the opposition. I'm going to hold out for the touch version which is more advanced than the mobile version and stick it on my Yoga 2.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Unified Remote Full is €1.16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I use this app a lot to control my PC in bed when watching stuff. Fully recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

This is my first ever Android thingy and I LOVE it can't stop playing it. :o Very addictive to try and get farther. It's possibly something very basic and simplistic for a hardcore Gamer who may be able to get to 100% straightaway but I like it. : ) Very cool on my big-ass-Pencil-case-size humongous screen may I say.

The Unbeatable Game Unchained

Excited now to find more equally cool things but the GooglePlay Store is shyte to use from what I can gather. I can't find a way to segregate free games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Yeah I can kind-of see where I'm going a bit better now looking at the Store on Laptop and things do have prices listed when ya go into them. Will get used to it. Thanks for your help.

Not for everyone but it's very popular, highly rated and Ultimate Guitar Tabs & Chords is only €1.12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Not for everyone but it's very popular, highly rated and Ultimate Guitar Tabs & Chords is only €1.12.

I just bought this and then it start asking me to pay more for using the features it advertises in the app store!
    Did I take this up wrong?
    I've gotten a refund anyway, until I can clarify what I just paid for.

EDIT: It was the "Powerful upgrades (available as an in-app purchase):" part that I missed. Thought they were listed as being in the app as well.

To be honest I don't know. I'm horrified to hear what you say though.

Just realised that Google maps offline mode is now live, handy to save on data.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What app do people use for reminding themselves of stuff in the long term and the short term? Id like to be able to set reminders and have a general "To-do" list.

Actually if Google Calendar had a To-do list it would be perfect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Thargor wrote: »
    What app do people use for reminding themselves of stuff in the long term and the short term? Id like to be able to set reminders and have a general "To-do" list.

I use google now for all of my reminders... "OK Google: Set reminder for tomorrow morning: Eat Cereal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

hots wrote: »
    I use google now for all of my reminders... "OK Google: Set reminder for tomorrow morning: Eat Cereal"

This, or google tasks as they should both integrate with google calendar.

I also use any.do which links into any.cal.
    Does the same thing with a different interface. Does a general reminder thing at 9am to setup your day and reminds you what you need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Thargor wrote: »

I use GTasks
    It integrates with my Google Calendar and vice-versa.

• Advertisement

Any Do

Great app, well implemented snooze function, browser version for desktop and a useful any do "moment" every morning where you have to review items that are coming up that day.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anydo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Mr E wrote: »
    Any Do

Great app, well implemented snooze function, browser version for desktop and a useful any do "moment" every morning where you have to review items that are coming up that day.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anydo

I use ToodleDo, I had tried any.do, but dropped it for reasons that I can't recall now.

Football manager 16 touch edition has finally been released. It's a beefed up version of the mobile game. It's €20 so probably only for the hardcore fans. Also only available on high powered tablets.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Football manager 16 touch edition has finally been released. It's a beefed up version of the mobile game. It's €20 so probably only for the hardcore fans. Also only available on high powered tablets.

I can only see the regular mobile version for €8.99

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

No joy with my oneplus 2 anyway. Maybe a new tablet has just made its way on to my Santa list.

Only device I have that is compatible is my Teclast X98!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just noticed that Amazon Underground has added Star Wars KOTOR to it's list of 'Actually Free' apps. It's currently €10.95 on Google Play, so it's a pretty good deal. Be warned, it comes with a hefty 2GB download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just noticed that Amazon Underground has added Star Wars KOTOR to it's list of 'Actually Free' apps. It's currently €10.95 on Google Play, so it's a pretty good deal. Be warned, it comes with a hefty 2GB download.

Geographical restrictions on it from amazon

n7 Music Player reduced to €1.14.
    Smart Launcher Pro and TinyCam Pro also reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

duploelabs wrote: »
    Geographical restrictions on it from amazon
    The geographical restrictions apply to Amazon Underground. If you have your Amazon account correctly configured with a UK address then the product installs without any restrictions. Here's a helpful post that describes the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The geographical restrictions apply to Amazon Underground. If you have your Amazon account correctly configured with a UK address then the product installs without any restrictions. Here's a helpful post that describes the process.

Still doesn't work, not to worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Worked for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Set your "one click purchase" address to your Parcel Motel UK address. That's what got underground working for me. You don't have to use one click when buying other stuff so it should have no I'll effect on your other usage of Amazon for buying stuff if you don't want to use PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Have to say, trick shot was one off the most enjoyable games I played in a while.
    Thanks for the tip, nice game indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭corkie

If you download stuff using your android device this handy utility has increase the speed of downloading.

Advanced Download Manager --- Free Version.

Advanced Download Manager Pro ---- Paid version €1.99

Works great with certain boards.ie unmentionable apps.

Edit: Tip: Choose ADM as your external player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

corkie wrote: »
    If you download stuff using your android device this handy utility has increase the speed of downloading.

Advanced Download Manager --- Free Version.

Advanced Download Manager Pro ---- Paid version €1.99

Works great with certain boards.ie unmentionable apps.

I don't know about speeding up but this is the best part of what that App (and ones like it) is good for
    download files in background and resume after failure

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement