Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Quick question lads that has probably been answered 1,000 times, but will people able to just pop up and kill you?

For example, I could see it getting annoying very quickly if you're trying to do something only for someone else to come out and riddle you with bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Paully D wrote: »
    Quick question lads that has probably been answered 1,000 times, but will people able to just pop up and kill you?

For example, I could see it getting annoying very quickly if you're trying to do something only for someone else to come out and riddle you with bullets.

While you're taking part in a mini game like golf, tennis etc you cannot be shot at or hassled by other players. Same applies to you and some friends taking part in a heist. Also when you're not taking part in these activities you have the option to go into passive mode which means people cannot kill you.

But be warned, when not in passive mode its open season and to my knowledge from following the GTA 5 o'clock series you can get killed and a large portion of your money stolen that you have on your person. Their advice seems to be lodge your money in your account as soon as and only carry what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭0llieJonCon

While you're taking part in a mini game like golf, tennis etc you cannot be shot at or hassled by other players. Same applies to you and some friends taking part in a heist. Also when you're not taking part in these activities you have the option to go into passive mode which means people cannot kill you.

But be warned, when not in passive mode its open season and to my knowledge from following the GTA 5 o'clock series you can get killed and a large portion of your money stolen that you have on your person. Their advice seems to be lodge your money in your account as soon as and only carry what you need.

If we want to head to the bank to make a deposit and are afraid of getting robbed on the way, what's to stop us from just turning on passive mode, heading to the bank, and making our deposit with peace of mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wonder what happens if there's multiple commissioners, maybe the first person to have been made commissioner gets to be leader?

Steel cage match! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

If we want to head to the bank to make a deposit and are afraid of getting robbed on the way, what's to stop us from just turning on passive mode, heading to the bank, and making our deposit with peace of mind?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Guessing you may have to leave the game in order to switch modes. I'm sure someone pointed it out during development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've been playing Max Payne the past few nights and i am terrible at it, this is a bit of a worry as im sure GTA online wont be a million miles from Max

Online is deadly indeed! Fun in the deathmatch's even though I keep getting my ass handed to me on a platter. Dont even have time to loot bodys

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

A PS3 only crew has been set up for anyone who wants to join and easily find other PSN friends to cause mayhem with online.

Link here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/aca_society

We decided to take inspiration from previous GTA games and base our crew around the character of Avery Carrington. The Avery Carrington Appreciation Society upholds his ideals of Extreme Capitalism by any means.

avery9ep.jpg

"Nothing brings down real estate prices like a good old fashioned gang war."

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

what's UPC like for gaming online? much lag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Fine for me, I've never had any problems with them , in fact i'm almost always host

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Same as kenno, never had a serious issue with them. Ping is generally always low even at peak times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'm just wondering can you kill the leader? Going to be a fun discussion in work if that happens, eh sheehy83??
    In real life? Like if he dumped you from the crew?
    I suppose you could. Look through his post history to find out where abouts in Limerick he lives, but you have to make it look like an accident, or make sure his body is never found.

:pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    I suppose you could. Look through his post history to find out where abouts in Limerick he lives, but you have to make it look like an accident, or make sure his body is never found.

If he lives in Limerick you could just dump him in the street and nobody would think much of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

thanks guys, it should be ok so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Platform : XBox 360
    Gamertag : TheOneAndMoley

• Advertisement

claiva wrote: »
    Gamertag : TheOneAndMoley

You need an invite to the boards crew?

EDIT: Found you on the socialclub and sent you an invite there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I normally avoid online multiplayer games as I find them intimidating. I am a fairly casual gamer so afraid I would get laughed at :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

py2006 wrote: »
    I normally avoid online multiplayer games as I find them intimidating. I am a fairly casual gamer so afraid I would get laughed at :(

I know I'm woeful but I'm quite happy to laugh at myself when I accidentally blow a car up with 4 of the crew inside :pac:

I know I'm woeful but I'm quite happy to laugh at myself when I accidentally blow a car up with 4 of the crew inside :pac:

I can see a lot of people tagging you as an enemy :pac:

I was the same. COD, think it was Modern Warfare was the first shooter I played online. I remember going into a game mode and had no idea what I was doing. It was some no respawn game and I was the only player left on my team. I could hear them talking, then it dawned on me that they were all looking at me through player cam waiting for me to "win" the game". I was miles off from the bomb site shooting bottles in a ruined house and trying for 3 minutes to jump through a window. :pac:

• Advertisement

I was the same. COD, think it was Modern Warfare was the first shooter I played online. I remember going into a game mode and had no idea what I was doing. It was some no respawn game and I was the only player left on my team. I could hear them talking, then it dawned on me that they were all looking at me through player cam waiting for me to "win" the game". I was miles off from the bomb site shooting bottles in a ruined house and trying for 3 minutes to jump through a window. :pac:

haha, bet that got you some popularity.

CoD players probably foaming at the mouth about their win/loss ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I've played almost no online stuff either, and I was terrible the few times I tried it in GTA IV. It'll be a bit of craic anyway, even if only for funny moments like Mr.Prodston described.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Good thing he works across from me when I am in the office! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

A PS3 only crew has been set up for anyone who wants to join and easily find other PSN friends to cause mayhem with online.

Link here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/aca_society

We decided to take inspiration from previous GTA games and base our crew around the character of Avery Carrington. The Avery Carrington Appreciation Society upholds his ideals of Extreme Capitalism by any means.

avery9ep.jpg

"Nothing brings down real estate prices like a good old fashioned gang war."

Think I joined

haha, bet that got you some popularity.

First they were saying "I know this guy is going to do it for us". They they were saying "What the hell is he playing at"? Thats when I realised they could all see my player cam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Royal, I sent you a request for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just requested an invite to boards-ie crew on social. Name is jamo2oo9 alike my username :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tomorrow at 5pm gmt, ign has a hands on preview of Online mode. We have 149 members in the Boards-ie crew, looking for the 150th!!

me? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Lads help me! Im probably definitely making this a bigger deal than it is but should I go PS3 or Xbox. I rarely use either but use the Xbox for netflix so still have Gold. I've been waiting for the new GTA for too long now :mad:. Any difference between the two? Is the board "crew" mainly on PS3 or Xbox or is it only on one of them. I need to preorder it on Amazon :)

The Boards crew is a good mix of xbox and ps3 so n o matter what you play it on, will be plenty of people. The game is spose to be fairly identical on both ps3 and xbox so I would say whatever controller you prefer to hold.

The IGN Online hands on preview is up

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/10-crazy-awesome-things-i-saw-and-did-in-grand-theft-auto-online

:D

Capturegta_zpsd5723ff6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Gamertag : BohsJohnny91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

When the crew hits the streets we should all take turns watching Sheehy's back or this will happen;

Sonny_whacked.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Blay wrote: »
    When the crew hits the streets we should all take turns watching Sheehy's back or this will happen;

Sonny_whacked.jpg

Thats not my plan anyway nosiree

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Blay wrote: »

Sonny_whacked.jpg

Sonny takes about 36 bullets then opens the car door, steps outside and takes another couple of magazines, then he dies. I think one headshot will be adequate for Sheehy. :P

It's all right lads, just gonna stay in my apartment taking hits from the bong and watching cartoons on TV. Just drop off 10% of any money ye make to me and it will be grand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Just sent invite request!

heartofwhite - PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just sent invite request!

heartofwhite - PS3

Recruitment message sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What's the other crew names/links to add them to the original post?

CMpunked wrote: »
    What's the other crew names/links to add them to the original post?

The Boards PS3 crew is the ACA Society - The Avery Carrington Appreciation Society

Link - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/aca_society

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Joined the boards.ie crew last night. PSN is Unratedsin. Can't fudgin' wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The Boards PS3 crew is the ACA Society - The Avery Carrington Appreciation Society

Link - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/aca_society

Just signed up there::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How do ya do this ?

Did I just join? DublinDude

Just signed up there::D

Nice to have you on board.
    Did I just join? DublinDude