The Breast Feeding Support Thread - Page 304 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-08-2015, 21:15   #4546
Nead21

Maybe pop her on a couple of towels for a bit after changing her nappy? Definitely try the weleda cream though. It worked wonders for my son when he had a few really nasty nappy rashes when he was teething.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-08-2015, 22:24   #4547
Marz66

Back again. Would you ask a LC to check the latch to make sure it is as good as possible? If you don't want to do that, the leader at a LLL or Cuidiu meeting might evaluate feeding for you to see if they have any suggestions.

Could be latch problem, tongue tie, over active let down.

Hand expressing the first bit of milk worked for me until baby's latch improved enough to reduce the over supply.

And also breast compressions help to make sure baby empties the boob which means they get the fat needed to digest the lactose in the fore milk and prevents discomfort. Google jack newman breast compressions for how to do them.
Thanks from:
18-08-2015, 22:27   #4548
Marz66

For nappy rash, I was lucky that Caldescene powder worked for me.

Lots of towels maybe if going nappy free? They can always be washed!!!
19-08-2015, 14:26   #4549
Fagashlik

I've been using metanium for nappy rash, it's brilliant, it's only available in the UK, but if you're in doubling I can give you some? Have boxes of it.

We'd a terrible time with reflux. Gaviscon was useless and trying to get 15ml into an already full baby was a nightmare. We used gripe water at the worst weeks and it made a difference. Switching to bottles will probably just make it worse, as more air is sucked in, and formula is so much harder to digest. It doesn't last forever, C grew out of it by 14 weeks.

26-08-2015, 08:42   #4550
Cunning Stunt

HI all

what do you do at night between feeds, to stop yourself leaking and to stay comfortable? Do you wear a bra/breast pads and if so, what's the best type of bra to use - a good big sports bra that doesn't have any lace/wires etc. or a typical nursing bra? Or do some of you just sleep topless (is that possible?)

I remember from my previous attempts at breastfeeding that I never really found a good solution and was a bit uncomfortable. Am just trying to prepare as best as I can this time, to try to make breastfeeding a success.

Thanks
Advertisement
26-08-2015, 09:44   #4551
Nead21

I wear a sleep bra which is really soft and doesn't feel like you're wearing a bra. I think I got them in mamas and papas.
Thanks from:
26-08-2015, 10:12   #4552
Blingy

I have penny's nursing bras which I use. Also use the lansinoh pads to stop the leaking. Tried the Johnson and Johnson ones recently as I had run out but found them awful.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 00:48   #4553
Dobbit

+1 to the lanisoh pads, they hold a huge amount of liquid! They are also on special in boots right now. I wear nursing bras from m&s all day and night. They are more like sports bras but very comfy.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 12:46   #4554
Dobbit

Any recommended apps for tracking breastfeeding? I'm so forgetful these days I can barely remember what happened 2 hours ago! Would be good to be able to keep track easily.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 13:04   #4555
Blingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbit View Post
Any recommended apps for tracking breastfeeding? I'm so forgetful these days I can barely remember what happened 2 hours ago! Would be good to be able to keep track easily.
I use mammababy which I find really good
Yesterday, 17:35   #4556
tinkerbell

Baby Feed by Fehners - it tracks everything! Each boob, nappies, solids, reminders, etc etc. I still use it for each feed

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion