Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Disappointed with the lack of Incubus, they are playing in London on the Tuesday so thought we'd get them in this announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Von Herzen Brothers and Antemasque...would watch them.

Anybody ever use the car park at download? If so any feedback?

Considering renting a car to get us between hotel in Loughborough and the site each day. We know theres a sky link bus but want to go to the village for the progress shows at night so would be late going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

36 CRAZYFISTS / ANTEMASQUE / BLUES PILLS / CARCASS / CHUNK! NO, CAPTAIN CHUNK! / COLOUR OF NOISE / CORROSION OF CONFORMITY / E OF E / FIDLAR / FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND / GET HOT / KROKODIL / LACUNA COIL / LIKE A STORM / LTNT / MALEFICE / SEPTEMBER MOURNING / SUICIDAL TENDENCIES / THE CADILLAC THREE / THE LOUNGE KITTENS / THE QEMISTS / THE STRUTS / THE WILD LIES / THREE DAYS GRACE / UPON A BURNING BODY / VON HERTZEN BROTHERS / YELLOWCARD

Thought they'd be more of interest ah well they'd most likely clash anyway :rolleyes:.

COC though and Pepper is tourin with them :).

Suicidal Tendencies YES!!...oh they clash with KISS balls to that so.

The Lounge Kittens are a cover band covering Slipknot, Prodigy etc. saw them opening for Steel Panther, one trick ponies really but fun enough to watch again if nothing else on.

Krokodil pure rubbish saw them with Mastodon has Daniel P Carter(Radio DJ ex A and Bloodhound gang) in them. Will be elsewhere :).

Will give Lacuna Coil a look although their hit or miss live (and on record too :)).

The Dead Daisies although not part of this announcement said I'd mention they announced John Corrabi(Motley Crue) and Tommy Cluefetos(Ozzy/Black Sabbath/Rob Zombie) are joining them on this tour.

Pingi wrote: »
    Disappointed with the lack of Incubus, they are playing in London on the Tuesday so thought we'd get them in this announcement
    It was said by Andy Copping on twitter there could be 2-3 secret sets (1 definite) although these could be likely bands at another festival (Reading or Bloodstock) maybe the likes of Mastodon or even Metallica who knows. Last year BSC did a secret set as they were around for Metal Hammer Golden Gods. As for Incubus though I see they are in Denmark that Friday and Poland that Sunday would be a mad logistics to play DL on the Saturday.

Download officially cashless this year, details below.

http://downloadfestival.co.uk/info#vDYBGbVOKcDHzb0s.99

• Advertisement

Download officially cashless this year, details below.

http://downloadfestival.co.uk/info#vDYBGbVOKcDHzb0s.99

Actually doesn't seem that bad, initially thought it was those token jobs some festivals use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Is it completely cashless?
    All or nothing on the wristband?

Seems like a decent idea and I know its worked at festivals elsewhere, saves the hassle of having the fear of losing the purse at least :)

All on wristband and they're providing wifi on site to top it up online. Im happy about it, cash is pretty unhygienic at festivals and I always end up with pockets full of change/losing beer tokens.

Saves fumbling for change at the beer tent alright!

Hmm, will definitely need to invest of a phone charging thingie so to keep the WiFi up! :o;)

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Saves fumbling for change at the beer tent alright!

Hmm, will definitely need to invest of a phone charging thingie so to keep the WiFi up! :o;)

If you got a locker they have car charger plug-in inside tis the job.

They are meant to be dispatching tickets soon, once ticket is in possession you can link to "dog tag" (cashless wristband info) and load money from bank card. If you have some balance remaining after the fest it gets put back onto the first card you used to load funds this could take 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

All the cashless stuff sounds good, thankfully it's not Ireland were some scumbags would cut your hand off for a pint :o

Anyone feeling irked at some clashes?

I'm torn between Muse and Marilyn Manson... I'm liking Muse's new stuff, but will more than likely see them again within the next three years somewhere, 3Arena or the UK, while Mr Manson is an awkward lad to pin down.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hellyeah

Tickets arrived today via royal mail so keep your eyes peeled. The countdown begins.:-)

hellyeah wrote: »
    Tickets arrived today via royal mail so keep your eyes peeled. The countdown begins.:-)

Tickets arrived also :)
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    Anyone feeling irked at some clashes?

I'm torn between Muse and Marilyn Manson... I'm liking Muse's new stuff, but will more than likely see them again within the next three years somewhere, 3Arena or the UK, while Mr Manson is an awkward lad to pin down.

Ya the sooner the timetable comes out the better dunno who to choose on that particular one myself saw MM set from Rock on the Range average enough.

There was a few bands playing Rock on the Range at DL shows below if ye fancied a warm up

Godsmack
    Slipknot
    Marilyn Manson
    Slash Feat. Myles & Conspirators
    Rise Against

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wonder if there will be any surprises like black stone cherry last year. Andy Copping has hinted that there will be

^^^^ hope so.
    This time 2 weeks will be waiting for Slipknot to take the stage.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wonder if there will be any surprises like black stone cherry last year. Andy Copping has hinted that there will be

In 2003 the 'surprise' act playing the second stage was Metallica, i was 2ft from the front and fcuk it was messy but amazing, below is the only footage that exists.

In 2004 Copping did the same but this time he announced that there would be a secret second stage band, the rumour mill went nuts, predicting the likes of Rammstein, Pearl Jam, SoaD.........it ended up being Funeral for a Friend, a HUGE let down

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2015 STAGE TIMES

No good without set lengths really these only show the band start times they'd wanna get their act together :rolleyes:

To those who have their tickets, can you top up your wristband with paypal or just Mastercard / visa? How was the exchange rate? Collecting mine on site.

To those who have their tickets, can you top up your wristband with paypal or just Mastercard / visa? How was the exchange rate? Collecting mine on site.

Just by cards yeah, exchange rate is shocking at the mo 100 euro will get you approx 73 pound. There is top up machines on site you can also top up through their app, can you access barcode info before collecting ticket?

• Advertisement

No good without set lengths really these only show the band start times they'd wanna get their act together :rolleyes:

They must have heard me set times are now there so have started me planning.

Handy planner at this location http://qplanner.co.uk/p/628

Faired OK personally in terms of clashes have Muse/MM but Muse will more than likely win out and Slash&Myles/L7 but I've seen Slash a number of times so it makes it easier to head to L7 and still catch a half hour of Slash. Would like to have caught Bodycount too but FNM is one of the bands I'm mainly going for.

For anyone interested they also announced the signing tent

Friday (June 12)
    1pm – Beartooth
    2pm – Five Finger Death Punch
    3pm – Fearless Vampire Killers
    4pm – *SECRET BAND!*
    4.45pm – Corey Taylor
    6.30pm – Apocalyptica

Saturday (June 13)
    12.30pm – In Hearts Wake
    1pm – Motionless In White
    2pm – A Day To Remember
    4pm – Parkway Drive
    5pm – Black Veil Brides
    6pm – Mallory Knox
    6.45pm – Every Time I Die

Sunday (June 14)
    2pm – Dead Daisies
    4pm – The Ghost Inside
    4.45pm – Lamb Of God
    5.30pm – Tremonti

Notice Friday has a secret band signing I reckon could be the Darkness to play after Black Stone Cherry as their set finishes at 9:40 meaning they now only overlap Slipknot by 20 mins too.

There is meant to 2 or 3 secret bands this year we know one is playing Friday and one Sunday.

Ryanair flights over Wed back Monday seem to be sold out with later flights crazy prices. Must be a lot of Irish heading over, weather looks great also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The Darkness and BFMV are the secret bands

Any truth in Stone Sour playing ??? Seen this mentioned on twitter.

One of the secret bands to be made known at 9am possibly the secret Golden Gods band maybe?

scudzilla wrote: »
    The Darkness and BFMV are the secret bands

Really?? Have a proper soft spot for BFMV.

They announced Young Guns along with The Darkness, but anymore BFMV info would be super appreciated :):o especially since I thought might be AxeWound playing.

Random note; Dunnes currently have those roll up camping mats for €5 all nicely rolled up and sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Oh In Flames will be there ?
    Do they play mainly their new stuff or any old stuff ?

When you all off?

We're flying Thursday morning, staying in hotel but heading into the village Thursday for the Progress wrestling show and other fun (have full access tickets)

Weather forecast keeps changing but its not looking so bad, trying to decide on footwear and pack.

• Advertisement

When you all off?

We're flying Thursday morning, staying in hotel but heading into the village Thursday for the Progress wrestling show and other fun (have full access tickets)

Weather forecast keeps changing but its not looking so bad, trying to decide on footwear and pack.[/quote
    Friday morning for us. Boots are a must imo plus runners when you get back to hotel. Also a rain poncho incase the weather goes bad.

Advertisement