Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I definitely would have no interest in seeing those clowns in make up anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Reiketsu wrote: »
    ^ Seven out of twelve ain't bad :pac:

I'm sort of hoping for a Kiss/Crue date either here on in England because no one I know is interested. I don't mind a gig on my own but not a festival :(

There's a camp loner for people in your situation. It's meant to be great craic, thread on the DL boards.

Myself and the OH have the Travelodge in Loughbourgh booked with over 2 months , it was only €150 for Thursday - Monday was planning on getting weekend arena but might get 1 or 2 day tickets depending on the rest of the bands announced. I dunno what I want really..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I hope sonisphere is on and gives a great lien up - I would only really be interested in the sunday for DL 2015 (very same as this year actually) but sonisphere is just an amazing festival i definitely prefer it!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

HU, OM&M, AA, SWS, BVB, P Roach :mad:

They seem to really be playing out to the teenage "scene" crowd this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just had a look at the poster on the Official Download Facebook, and the only bands of interest to me on that poster would be Slipknot, Judas Priest, Black Stone Cherry, Faith No More, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators and Motley Crue.

You hardly expect to cater your needs perfectly you've actually listed a good chunk of whats been announced. One of the great things about festivals is getting to see a bunch of bands that to catch all their own shows would be a cost a bomb. I sometimes think of the bands cost of their own show vs cost of fest ticket. For instance of the bands you've listed....

£50/£25 (Slipknot,BSC) (Clash)
    £35 x 3 (FNM,Priest,Crue)
    £30 (Slash)
    ________
    £160 -If BSC
    £185 -If Slipknot

Actual ticket cost £205, over 100+ bands to be announced you're on the route to value to be honest

Also I've rarely heard of someone liking Motley Crue but not Kiss :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Motley Crue i can stand, whereas the clowns in makeup, absolutely no go, maybe it's the fact that i think Gene Simmons is a motormouth ass hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The "clowns in make up" are actually a fantastic live act and perfect for a festival like this.

Little or no chance of them making and Irish appearance after the very modest size crowd for them at the O2 a couple of years back.

Motley Crue i can stand, whereas the clowns in makeup, absolutely no go, maybe it's the fact that i think Gene Simmons is a motormouth ass hole.

Fair enough ya don't like them but I thought people liked bands who they found some value in their music not based on the value of opinions of various band members I appear to be wrong.

Plus Kiss went without the make up at one stage of course we all know how that went :pac::pac:

Fair enough ya don't like them but I thought people liked bands who they found some value in their music not based on the value of opinions of various band members I appear to be wrong.

I've never liked KISS to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I never would have guessed! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I agree with Grames - hope Sonisphere is a decent line up, it's a lovely/relaxed festival but so far Download is looking like the one I may hit up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Well, no surprises, but I'm delighted at this years line up (for more than the usual reasons)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've never really liked them either, seen them quite a few times at various festivals over the years but then got very cheap tickets for the Dublin show a few years back. They blew me away, prob one of the best shows I've ever seen

Another band announcement coming on Sunday

Hopefully throws out somethin decent as ticket just got happy Christmas to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bit of an announcement sometime around 7 tonight. Some bands leaked being Black Veil Brides, Rise Against, Billy Idol, Lamb of God.

Now, if Clutch get announced and play on the Saturday, then a day ticket may be needed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10372141_10153401232489202_3416766223801641454_n.png?oh=0fafbe78f9977570ce1e381bd2dd3697&oe=54FFE474&__gda__=1426421090_7b5b5dd0927a9a6fccc88eb4de6b47de

If Clutch and EoDM are on th Saturday, it'd be highly rude not to go for the day! EoDM, into CLutch on 2nd, then FNM and on into Muse would be incredible.

Mushy wrote: »
    If Clutch and EoDM are on th Saturday, it'd be highly rude not to go for the day! EoDM, into CLutch on 2nd, then FNM and on into Muse would be incredible.

Okay announcement few bands I'd watch but nothing I'd be disappointed missing provided there was something better on.

Rise Against playing before ADTR on the Saturday and BVB support to Manson on 2nd stage which is ideal as I'll certainly be watching FNM.

LOG support to Enter Shikari on Sunday seen them before anyway will be watching Crue and Billy Idol most likely also playing Sunday before Slash.

Mushy wrote: »

EODM confirmed for Sunday

https://twitter.com/Maverick_AC/status/544999436418838529

Download appear to have an announcement end of Jan, ticket prices it appears will go up on same day prob by £10 they defo won't have any reservations about doing that now that Soni is confirmed to be binned in the UK this year and in turn will boost DL sales for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

just picked up my ticket last night, along with the Hot ticket for the guest area, 3rd year now, and i cant wait

Slipknot again on the friday is gonna det the weekend up nicely! cant wait for the next announcement to see what there is

Really hope to see Sylosis there

Bought my ticket and flights on Saturday afternoon and the time has been approved off work :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

what day are you heading Zwillinge? we are all heading on the wednesday, get a few days banter in beforehand, last year the weather was amazing so great chilling with a few beers soaking it all up!!

Flight booked for the Friday morning, land at 9, tent and set up by midday I reckon.

My bones can't handle more than two/three nights on the ground :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I haven't been to Download in ages, kinda eyeballing the lineup and thinking there's almost nobody I'd be interested in seeing this year :o

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Links234 wrote: »
    almost nobody I'd be interested in seeing this year :o

Likewise - lineup not really doing it for me at all!

Announcement Wednesday at 8am its prob gonna have the bulk of the rest of line up pretty much with the final second stage headliner perhaps.

Line up while not as good as previous years but better than last years (went elsewhere) other similar fests in Europe weren't striking me either and it would be wrong to go without a fest :D.

I see Korn are headlining Hellfest now which is surprising can see them being announced perhaps under FFDP as their tour with Slipknot. Hopefully Nightwish will be in it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Announcement Wednesday at 8am its prob gonna have the bulk of the rest of line up pretty much with the final second stage headliner perhaps.

Line up while not as good as previous years but better than last years (went elsewhere) other similar fests in Europe weren't striking me either and it would be wrong to go without a fest :D.

I see Korn are headlining Hellfest now which is surprising can see them being announced perhaps under FFDP as their tour with Slipknot. Hopefully Nightwish will be in it.

I thought BSC , Manson and Shikari are headlining 2nd stage

I thought BSC , Manson and Shikari are headlining 2nd stage

Whoops sorry I meant sub second (LOG and BVB announced)

• Advertisement

ANDREW W.K, IN FLAMES, TESTAMENT, WE ARE
    HARLOT AND L7 SET FOR DOWNLOAD 2015
     HELLYEAH, ALL THAT REMAINS, FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS, ACE
    FREHLEY, TREMONTI, BLACK STAR RIDERS, THUNDER, THE GHOST INSIDE,
    GNARWOLVES, HANDS LIKE HOUSES, STRAY FROM THE PATH, CREEPER
     L7’s first confirmed live date in over 15 years
    KING 810, DEFEATER, CHELSEA GRIN, EVIL SCARECROW, BOMBUS,
    AND BLOOD YOUTH ALSO JOIN LINE-UP

Advertisement