Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Are you on the pill, Kirby? I find that can cause boobs to grow a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Are you on the pill, Kirby? I find that can cause boobs to grow a fair bit.

Yup, I'm on Cerazette. Not a fan, as well as boob growth it's making me moody as hell.

Have you tried other pills? I had to try about 4 different ones (over the course of a very moody year) before I found one that suited me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Have you tried other pills? I had to try about 4 different ones (over the course of a very moody year) before I found one that suited me.

This is the 2nd one I've tried (was on Ovranette before, but had a blood pressure reading high enough at the 3 month checkup to be taken off any combined pill - I blame work stress). Could be another change to come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Talking about bras on todayfm now

• Advertisement

I tried Ovranette and went mental on it. Also tried Yasmin and Microlite, neither of which suited me for very different reasons. Have been on Marviol for about 4 years now and really no issues with it. Probably went up one cup size at the start but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

What's you LostGirly?

My whole life is up in the air, I don't know where I'm going with it, I've hard choices to make, the three people closest to me in the world are in different countries and working so hard that I never get to talk to them and I'm just really short of people to talk to about everything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Yup, I'm on Cerazette. Not a fan, as well as boob growth it's making me moody as hell.

Oh god, Cerazette was the worst pill I ever tried. I had been on Dianette and Yasmin, but they sent me a bit loopy so the GP put me on Cerazette to see if the mini pill suited me.

Well i was never so down in all in all my life. Literally felt like I was worthless and I hated everything about myself. I stopped eating properly (as I felt really fat), and I still can't quite get over those particular feelings. It was the worst feeling in the world, and coming off it has made a massive difference to my state of mind. I haz happies again (mostly).

If you feel it doesn't suit you, get off it as soon as you can. There are tonnes of other options out there, and when you find the right one you'll wonder why you ever stuck out the Cerazette :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

EmilyO wrote: »
    Like you chose to be an 'awkward' size! I'd love to be able to buy cheap and cheerful bras in Penneys or Dunnes; 20-30 euro a pop for one bra means I haven't bought a new one in about a year :(

I find Dunnes great for bras, Penneys not so much. Everything in Penneys seems to go to the size below me, I'm 38DD. In any case I think Dunnes have nicer stuff. :)
    LostGirly wrote: »
    My whole life is up in the air, I don't know where I'm going with it, I've hard choices to make, the three people closest to me in the world are in different countries and working so hard that I never get to talk to them and I'm just really short of people to talk to about everything!!

LosyGirly, hope you're okay.. You can definitely talk to us here and PM is always open. :)

I discovered that the chemist in my hometown that I never go into has a Catrice stand.. :D Only actually saw Catrice stuff down in Penneys in Carlow for the first time the other day and was saying it was a shame it wasn't closer to me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

That is funny. I got put on Cerazette and I love it :) I stopped being moody and my periods have stopped as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

jujibee wrote: »
    That is funny. I got put on Cerazette and I love it :) I stopped being moody and my periods have stopped as well.

You're so lucky! I actually loved having no periods, that and no babies were the only good things to come out of Cerazette for me :rolleyes:

I'm looking into getting the IUD now, I hope the GP will fit it for me, as I'm only 20 and have no children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

EmilyO wrote: »
    You're so lucky! I actually loved having no periods, that and no babies were the only good things to come out of Cerazette for me :rolleyes:

I'm looking into getting the IUD now, I hope the GP will fit it for me, as I'm only 20 and have no children.

Have you tried the patch or the nuva ring? Or the implant?

Don't think its very common to have the IUD when your that young and with no children.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Ok so.... I was wearing size 24 jeans last May :o (don't judge!)

This morning I bought a pair of size 10 skinny jeans :D

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Tatum that's an amazing achievement, especially in such a short time! Congratulations :-)

Tatum that's an amazing achievement, especially in such a short time! Congratulations :-)

Thanks... It's all been done by just making simple changes like using the stairs instead of escalators, walking instead of driving, eating well and finding new hobbies that involve being active.

I feel like a totally different person :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Wow Tatum, that's amazing. Wish I had your motivation! I love sweets and chocolate and lazing about :o

ElleEm wrote: »
    Wow Tatum, that's amazing. Wish I had your motivation! I love sweets and chocolate and lazing about :o

haha so do I... and it's not helped by the fact that I bake, all the time... it's my stress relief! A little of everything won't hurt ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well done tatum!
    OMG I am devastated.

Just found out the girl that does my waxing is no longer working there. She's moved back to f'in Limerick.

First world problem.

Just home from mine and I'm delighted with it.

Lycon rocks, only started wincing near the end.

Does waxing really hurt? I've been toying with the idea for a while now, but I'm scared I'll cry!!

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Does waxing really hurt? I've been toying with the idea for a while now, but I'm scared I'll cry!!

I was petrified yesterday because last time I did cry and shake with the pain.

Today was a momentary wince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Tatum, that's a fantastic achievement! You deserve to be very smiley & smug & proud of yourself! Well done you!

And waxing does hurt, I'm sure the pain varies though for everyone, depending on your pain threshold & what part of you you're getting waxed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

well done tatum , thats an amazing achievement, :D

lol, just heard someone on the radio say 'fornication is probably the single most likely cause for unwanted pregnancy'

mariebeth wrote: »
    Tatum, that's a fantastic achievement! You deserve to be very smiley & smug & proud of yourself! Well done you!

And waxing does hurt, I'm sure the pain varies though for everyone, depending on your pain threshold & what part of you you're getting waxed :)

Maybe it's just one of those things you need to make the appointment and stick to it.... I is scared!!! :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I've been getting waxed for a while. I was worried about it the first time as I don't have a very high pain threshold. I don't know what I was worrying about it, it's uncomfortable but not sore as such (IMO obviously), I'm more worried about having someone look quite that close at my lady bits!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I usually think in a wax, yesh, these girls are spending longer down there than my boyfriend! Then I remember that they've probably seen it all and worse

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I usually think in a wax, yesh, these girls are spending longer down there than my boyfriend! Then I remember that they've probably seen it all and worse

Ya, I worked with some beauty therapists and they don't even think about it! But me, I find it strange. Esp when they get out the tweezers and start looking really closely! But nothing beats it, love the clean feeling after a wax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Don't think its very common to have the IUD when your that young and with no children.
    I love the Nuvaring :)

Today is a great day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I tend to buy mine in Change in Pavillions (Swords) - they usually have something in my size and the prices aren't crazy. Bought some sexy stuff on Figleaves a few weeks ago for when I get back - I love wearing the sexy stuff! :D

I get all mine in Change too. Great shop for big boobs. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I was put on that at 16, sent me mental. Was only told by someone else afterwards it's meant for after having kids??

(Was on Evra btw.)

You, missy, are unreal :D
    Orla K wrote: »
    lol, just heard someone on the radio say 'fornication is probably the single most cause for unwanted pregnancy'

Hold on....are they saying....sex causes pregnancy?!

STOP THE PRESSES!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Daisies wrote: »
    Ya, I worked with some beauty therapists and they don't even think about it! But me, I find it strange. Esp when they get out the tweezers and start looking really closely! But nothing beats it, love the clean feeling after a wax

Nopey nope nope, I don't care how often they see everything, I will never get anything waxed!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Well done tatum!

Just home from mine and I'm delighted with it.

Lycon rocks, only started wincing near the end.

Told ya it wouldn't hurt.

It amazes me that some places still use strip wax on the nether regions. It's just pure torture.

I'm having a smashy day. Smashed 2/3 plates this morning and then a bottle of smirnoff ice smashed in my boot.

Car smells like a dodgy nightclub now.

what is the difference between lycon and strip wax? does it peel off painlessly or what

Good God hot tea down my cleavage, not nice!

Acoshla wrote: »

Is your mouth still not working?

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Is your mouth still not working?

It's not, but this happened as an aside to the mouth thing. I was sulking that I'm hungry, boyfriend gave me tea and one cookie, I dipped the cookie in and it promptly broke and sank. I shouted for "Spoon!! Cookie Overboard!!", he brought me one, I fished it out...dropped it again and a plonk of tea hopped out and down my dress, lovely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I am forever doing that.. :rolleyes:
    The other day I dropped a full cup of tea into my lap, don't even know how.

/clumsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

bluewolf wrote: »
    what is the difference between lycon and strip wax? does it peel off painlessly or what

Lycon is a hot wax, so it opens the pores so the hair comes out easier, therefore it's less painless. All in theory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I am forever doing that.. :rolleyes:
    The other day I dropped a full cup of tea into my lap, don't even know how.

/clumsy

I was just pouring soup out of a pot for lunch and somehow flicked it with the spoon and got it all over my jumper and down my jeans. Messy!

It's not, but this happened as an aside to the mouth thing. I was sulking that I'm hungry, boyfriend gave me tea and one cookie, I dipped the cookie in and it promptly broke and sank. I shouted for "Spoon!! Cookie Overboard!!", he brought me one, I fished it out...dropped it again and a plonk of tea hopped out and down my dress, lovely :rolleyes:

You need minding while you're not well :P

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Hold on....are they saying....sex causes pregnancy?!

STOP THE PRESSES!!

It was a TD that said it! She was talking about scripture and sin.

Well its not completely painless but you don't need to brace for impact when they pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've been getting Brazilian waxed since I was about 18, don't even feel it anymore. I could have been lasered 10 times over with the money I've spent on it over the years, ah well!

Have to give a big shout-out to McAllister's fishmongers in Lucan. Fab shop, beautiful fish. Went in there to get a load of stuff - €53 worth, to be exact - and the owner's son gave it to me for 20 quid cause he used to work with my sister :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Orla K wrote: »
    lol, just heard someone on the radio say 'fornication is probably the single most likely cause for unwanted pregnancy'

Just to be pedantic about it - fornication means sex between people who aren't married (to one another).

So, technically she's probably factually accurate. Not that that means her actual argument should hold any weight, mind you!

They can manipulate it to pull it in the right direction for the growth apparently.
    Well its not completely painless but you don't need to brace for impact when they pull it off.

Yeah, she didn't even have to get me to hold myself. It doesn't adhere to the skin as much as the strips do. Eyebrows are looking smashing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Thats brilliant. I know how hard it is, ive droped form a 14/16 to a size 12, Ive been the same weight for a month and cant get bellow it. I threw out all my size 14s and 16's yesterday - they are going to someplace in africa, they were all (3 black bags full) collected at 8am this morning...

I want to stay a size 12 but could do with losing another 9 pounds.... I have no desires to be a 10 or 8 but i dont want to see another 14 ever again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Nopey nope nope, I don't care how often they see everything, I will never get anything waxed!

Im with you on that,

I did my underarms with the DIY wax strips from veet, the holes left beind were massive (the roots must have been at least 5mm deep) and most of the pores bled or contained blood.... It hurt like hell....

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I had an interview this morning,and I know they'll be getting back to people today.I'm too nervous to study and exams are in 2 weeks!Fuuuuu..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Tatumkelly, congrats on the weight loss!
    Fierce!

(Not sure if I can pull off "fierce").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's one hell of an achievement, fair play to you! :D You've inspired me to keep going. :D I'm a 16/18 now, would like to get to around a 10/12. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement