Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Love my new laptop! :D Inspiring me to do my college work now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Dunno my e-readers but watch out for one which supports the open formats (like Epub) so you're not tied to their proprietary formats...
    I love my gadgets but I've tuned out all the e-reader talk until now so I'm a total noob researching it. That does seem to be the deal-breaker with the Kindle for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    Do you know how many went in the end?

We had 9 for dinner and about 3 or 4 arrived after that. I'm on my way home now, unfortunately just not feeling socialable all groggy and blocked up. good grub and good chats. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I really have to stop taking it personally when the baby doesn't want me looking after him. It won't be long before he learns "I hate you" and I can't be going around bursting into tears.

Urgh.

I know that feeling. If himself is around I don't even get a look in with Ella. It's all daddy daddy daddy. Which is great, I'm so glad they have a good bond and relationship, except it makes me feel like I'm 10 again and that witch in the class doesn't want to play with me :p :pac:

She is often more tearful seeing the minder go home in the evenings than she is seeing me go out in the morning :/ Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this kitteh REALLY doesnt want a bath...

edit: actually I feel kinda bad for it now cos it really, really doesnt want to go in, and it looks injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Got sent home early (well...12 hours into a 14 hour shift) because I was getting sick. I can't eat more than a certain amount of food these days without feeling nauseous. Rarely actually get sick, but did tonight. Dunno if it's just because I've a small stomach or there is something wrong with me...should probably get it checked out! Meh.

One of my best friends is moving to Australia next week.. :( Wah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I really need to stop reading/posting on any threads that touch on serious topics in After Hours. They make me feel like this (do not click link if squeamish)

jujibee wrote: »
    I really need to stop reading/posting on any threads that touch on serious topics in After Hours. They make me feel like this (do not click link if squeamish)

what thread did it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Got sent home early (well...12 hours into a 14 hour shift) because I was getting sick. I can't eat more than a certain amount of food these days without feeling nauseous. Rarely actually get sick, but did tonight. Dunno if it's just because I've a small stomach or there is something wrong with me...should probably get it checked out! Meh.

Please, please do. It's probably nothing but there's no point in suffering unnecessarily.

^ Yes I think I will. My Mother thinks I have an allergy or something. Could be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

krudler wrote: »
    what thread did it?

The one about the guy who molested his sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Found my iPod that's been missing for about two weeks. Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My data has fallen off my chart so my lovely graph is now a blank chart and I have no idea why.....

*cries*

nnnngg stupid boy racers flying around in the nearby industrial estate, saw a load of the fcukers earlier in the tesco carpark near me, can here them blaring music and doing donuts, shurrup!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Had a great time tonight and met some lovely loungers. :)

So glad I didn't wuss out! ;)

nnnngg stupid boy racers flying around in the nearby industrial estate, saw a load of the fcukers earlier in the tesco carpark near me, can here them blaring music and doing donuts, shurrup!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The world is spinning around me because of my stupid vertigo (which isn't as bad this morning, here's hoping that means I feel better in the afternoon and can get some work done!) but also because I am very, very confused. I don't know what to think, or how to feel. And I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but confusing dreams are making it worse. I hate not knowing where I stand and it will be a while yet before I have the merest chance of finding out! :/

people ringing call centres to make complaints at 8am on a sunday mornings officially have no life, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Sunday morning should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I can take a class in Paris in which I read books and plays and watch movies about Paris and then have to write my own novel about the city. I can also take seminars on subjects as fascinating as the ethics of war and US Constitutional Law and lectures in areas as interesting as the Politics and Economy of China in the 20th century and Gender and the Law.

Yep, definitely made a good decision in deciding to go for Sciences Po! :D

• Advertisement

shinikins wrote: »
    Sunday morning should be banned.

I like the idea of it, just having to work sucks, love waking up early and doing something productive with a sunday, going to work is not one of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

What a lovely morning :D I love this time of year :D

the hell was it freezing for this morning anyway, my car frozer like 2-3 times maybe over the winter, came out this morning, was like a block of ice, its March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It's days like this that I would kill to be at home in Kerry and going out to the beach for a walk, stuck here with nowhere pretty to walk and certainly nowher near big crashing waves :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Mixed message suck :mad:

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Mixed message suck :mad:

date guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

date guy?

A different guy. Unfortunately I think I quite like this one. Typical.

Posy wrote: »
    Had a great time tonight and met some lovely loungers. :)

So glad I didn't wuss out! ;)

Did you get to your friends party? :D

Was gutted I wasn't feeling well, would have been nice to stay out later instead of getting on the bus home before 11.

Now you have to be one of the welcoming reps at the next once since you made it last night. :)

can someone explain to me why some people just refuse to try and do things themselves? had someone earlier who had gone abroad, came back and their phone was still showing as being on the roaming network, simple fix, turn the phone off and on and it registers it on the correct network here, you'd imagine anyone with half a brain would think to just do this, but no, had a woman who wanted COMPENSATION because she had been "without service" for a week before she decided to ring in, fixed the issue in 2 seconds by just turning off the phone herself, I did nothing. number 1, you werent without service and it was your own fault for not turning off your phone one plane like you're supposed to. and number 2 why would you wait a week to ring in!?

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those days, already had someone end a conversation with "sure you just work in a call centre", they got hung up on.

• Advertisement

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those days, already had someone end a conversation with "sure you just work in a call centre", they got hung up on.

You should tell the you have a PhD if they say crap like that. Since I started my own business I've remembered how much I dislike working with the public. Even I need a new job. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement