Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

There's a PS3 Platoon now, just go to Battlelog (on PC), search for "boards" and join the PS3 one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't play the campaign on hard unless you enjoy tearing your hair out. There's a part on the second level that i couldn't get past

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's a PS3 Platoon now, just go to Battlelog (on PC), search for "boards" and join the PS3 one ;)

link http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Hooray! Amazon order has been dispatched via courier (city link). Ok so the hooray is a little premature as I'm almost 99% likely to miss them call to the door as I'm stuck on a 7-11 and 18-22 split shift tomorrow which sucks major ass. So, unless I'm exceptionally lucky, I will miss it and end up having to wait until Monday :( Fcuking stupid accounting not paying me on time :mad:

Hate to burst your bubble but Monday is a bank holiday, so you may not get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

ShaneU wrote: »
    Don't play the campaign on hard unless you enjoy tearing your hair out. There's a part on the second level that i couldn't get past

Playing the campaign on hard myself and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would , the co-op campaign on the other hand is not going well even on easy:o , can not get past the second co-op level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hate to burst your bubble but Monday is a bank holiday, so you may not get it.

Not in the North ;) Which is why I'm also likely to get it today... but I was in work at 7.00 when they delivered at 8.30 :( Monday it is... unless I go into town after work tomorrow and get it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Applied to join the platoon. Saw ye all on last night but was already in a great squad with others i knew.

Is anyone else having a problem staying in the squad? It seems to be every round the game splits us up, even into different teams.

Applied to join the platoon. Saw ye all on last night but was already in a great squad with others i knew.

Is anyone else having a problem staying in the squad? It seems to be every round the game splits us up, even into different teams.

We're in the same platoon went into the game as a squad and we would be lucky to stay on the same team let alone the same squad.

MAG works perfectly, we can spit ourselves into squads before the game.

Also if anyone has a better idea for a Platoon emblem do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Varik wrote: »
    We're in the same platoon went into the game as a squad and we would be lucky to stay on the same team let alone the same squad.

MAG works perfectly, we can spit ourselves into squads before the game.

Also if anyone has a better idea for a Platoon emblem do tell.

We would just have to hope we ended up on the same team, or got to swap teams if the numbers allowed it. Then choose dont put me in a squad and then joined our own.

Bloody pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Anyone else getting horrible lag online? Every game I go into is laggy.Everyone on my friends list is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I could be way off here but did I hear that there was a downloadable HD Pack for consoles?

I'l be honest I am not blown away but some of the graphics so far, especially in campaign. Distant buildings have no texture, cars and walls take a second or two to load up when you're beside them for example.

I could be way off here but did I hear that there was a downloadable HD Pack for consoles?

I'l be honest I am not blown away but some of the graphics so far, especially in campaign. Distant buildings have no texture, cars and walls take a second or two to load up when you're beside them for example.

The 360 had it but it was optional but it without it the game look terrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

rented it, single player is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

The 360 had it but it was optional but it without it the game look terrible.

so the ps3 does not have this hd upgrade?
    shame because in my opinion the graphics are very poor.

time to build that pc i think...

PS3s installs it as a mandatory install when you first boot up the game.

Graphics poor? Please..

The 360 version needs to be able to run off disc, it's a requirement so any install must be optional. Devs can do what they like with the PS3

Can everyone post their Boards username on the platoon wall.

Also if you don't know holding select (ps3) gets the score and pressing it is used to spot.

Spot planes and tanks when ever you see them as someone may have the right tool for the job and be near

Squad leaders can set objective by doing the same to markers, you also get extra points for following these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Same again tonight? What time?

Can't tonight, sorry boss!

I'm playing now, so if anyone wants to just invite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I'm playing now, so if anyone wants to just invite me.

I'll probably be on and off tonight... My eyes are actually in bits after last night :eek: Can barely even open them ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Feck it couldn't wait for Zavvi to deliver so got a copy in HMV .

Gonna give it a right seeing to tonight .

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

Hey guys, dont post too often but I saw you have a BF3 platoon going. My PSN user name is KKCat, you'll see me as either that or Dremadad online.

MrEko wrote: »
    Hey guys, dont post too often but I saw you have a BF3 platoon going. My PSN user name is KKCat, you'll see me as either that or Dremadad online.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/

Here it is, post on wall with your Boards name (MrEko). Then apply to join and i'll accept it when i see it or one of the others will, it's your EA account that matters with BF3 so any PSN name that's link will still be in Platoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm sick of not being able to play this right now so I'll be picking it up after work tomorrow. I'll apply for the platoon thing as soon as everything is registered and whatnot. Have Monday and Tuesday off so shall be playing this for two days straight... See ye tomorrow night folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Ive been playing on my own since 1pm and I'm not bored of it yet.Money well spent

THere's a game going now with 5 of us, 3 more an we'll have 2 full squads.

PM my PSN for invite.

This better be a left over from the beta, Dice staff get a scope that we can't and it's shown as a locked upgrade for only DICE.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5294/bastard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is this borked for anyone else? I can't join a game from quick match or the server browser. Keeps telling me to check my connection (which is working fine).

Just finished the campaign on Hard, few parts had me goin nuts but well worth it overall! Was alot better than the reviews let on, really good story!
    Ending was a bit ambiguous though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just finished the campaign on Hard, few parts had me going nuts but well worth it overall! Was alot better than the reviews let on, really good story!
    Ending was a bit ambiguous though...

Finished it myself last night on hard and felt the same about the ending. my main gripe with the campaign had to do with the save points, having to start so far back after you had been killed at times was a pain.

Multiplayer rocks but the splitting up of a squad going into a game is a real pain , you don't even end up on the same team let alone in a squad together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241014733965/

Here it is, post on wall with your Boards name (MrEko). Then apply to join and i'll accept it when i see it or one of the others will, it's your EA account that matters with BF3 so any PSN name that's link will still be in Platoon.

Just joined. :)

Advertisement