Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Lowering your wanted level is much more challenging in this game. So rewarding when you evade 3 stars by starting a car chase up the
    mountain then driving off a cliff, testing the police to see if they have the balls to do the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Was running away from the cops in a firetruck so decided to hit the beach, got away from them and spotted some campfires ahead. Sadly, you can't put them out with the firetruck. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did a parachute jump from the cable car place. The road they sent me up was for hikers, so I still drove up. Some wagon wouldnt get out of my way so I slowly nudged her over off the edge. Then picked up the bag and ran off edge of metal beam.

Roller coaster is funny, maybe moreso bizarre. Drove the highway round the island twice. R1 is not an option. Still loads of map to discover. Starting first mission with Michael next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Loving the driving so far in this one. Hated it in GTA IV for whatever reason.
    Have only done the prologue and 1st mission so far but its a beautiful looking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Can you actually steal those freight trains? Do you have to wait until a certain point in the game? On one now and have no idea how to actually get into the cabin, standing right at the door pressing Y with no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Drove an old truck from the country to the golf course in the city with 5 tires shot out and 4 stars. It all ended after I drove into the water on the course :(

Lamar is Smokey from Friday. The few missions I've done have been great, a huge improvement on IV imo. The Feltzer is my favourite car.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Anyone been to the cinema yet? The lonliest robot in great Britain is a great movie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭recyclops

are there horses in the game i did a quick search to no avail :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Where about is Grove St,can't find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Kells... wrote: »
    Where about is Grove St,can't find it

It's a little bit west of Franklins house I think. It's on the printed map you get on the more detailed map of Los Santos with all the street names on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've not played Uncharted 2 and I don't play PC gaming before one of those types jumps all over this, but graphically this is as good as I can remember seeing. The whole World is so alive, so detailed and so beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

I am just after skipping a mission but it got stuck loading , if i turn the ps3 off will it return to the latest point on the mission ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Played for about 2 hours.

Turned on PS3 for another session and it won't read the disc!!

FML. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Has anyone done the strangers and freaks for Michael in Legion Square?

What the holy f**k!

Starting my first heist! Love the planning part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

When does flight school become active? Is it at a certain point in the storyline and which character goes to it?

Anyone else deliberately postponing missions in case the storyline goes too fast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just finished the second heist, The missions are much better than GTA IV. Flight school opens up before the second heist afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When does flight school become active? Is it at a certain point in the storyline and which character goes to it?

Anyone else deliberately postponing missions in case the storyline goes too fast?

Was looking for that myself, I saw the stunt plane mission from the dlc and thought that might be it so i hopped in the plane, immediately flipped it upside down into a field and fell out in a heap :pac: methinks I need lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

For some reason i'm playing really slowly, for most of the gameplay i've just been driving around (trying not to damage my car :rolleyes:)

I've done a few missions, the last one was
    When Micheal pulled the house down with the truck
    That was awesome, i've barely scratched the surface of this game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone found 24/7 shops to rob yet? If so, where? Only managed one so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

photo.jpg

eeeeeeeeeekk!!! :eek::eek::P:P:P:P:pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

*Prays py2006 gets a powercut*:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This is... it's just unreal! Really giving me the view I can do ANYTHING! They have completely blown GTA 4 out of the water.

I've found a few shops around where Franklin lives, small gas stations and such that I'm robbing for cash, so fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Came a cross a robbery near Franklin's guys asked me to get them a car for the get away, Pfttt I shot um dead there and then an took their money.

Edit Jumbos are flyable btw

Controls are pissing me off big time, so used to classic since GTA I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Even better than i expected. I spent a good hour just messing around with the petrol can. Got the blimp eventually after getting an invalid code error and had that song homer sings in my head the whole time.

**** its good. Since starting at around 1pm I've played about 23 missions (side missions included), played 2 rounds of tennis. got 2 lapdances at the same time, been chased around the entire city while only barely managing to get away with it, and jumped straight into a fence head first numerous times.

Getting into a taxi is different from GTA IV, so I ended up stealing 4-5 taxis before finally getting into one as a passenger. Thankfully, GTA V is different in that you don't really want to use taxis in this game, but it is there.

What takeaway are people ordering tonight? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

miralize wrote: »
    **** its good. Since starting at around 1pm I've played about 23 missions (side missions included), played 2 rounds of tennis. got 2 lapdances at the same time, been chased around the entire city while only barely managing to get away with it, and jumped straight into a fence head first numerous times.

Getting into a taxi is different from GTA IV, so I ended up stealing 4-5 taxis before finally getting into one as a passenger. Thankfully, GTA V is different in that you don't really want to use taxis in this game, but it is there.

What takeaway are people ordering tonight? :pac:

Surely the rumour about only 63 missions isn't true so?

Surely the rumour about only 63 missions isn't true so?

69 main missions. I've played only about 7-8 main ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finished the flying school..... tears were shed :p Helicopter flying makes me somewhat motion sick too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Anyone found 24/7 shops to rob yet? If so, where? Only managed one so far.

If you look at the map of where Franklin starts, there's one across the road from the car wash that's just north of his house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My blimp code isn't working....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My blimp code isn't working....

I'm hearing that a bit alright.

Mine worked fine, phoned in for it to be delivered but turns out you gotta head to the airport. Will take it for a spin later.

How class is the game! I'm still early in, feel like I have to do everything but need to take my time and explore a bit.

I find myself coming up to a mission pointer but skipping it and driving around the block to hear the rest of the Kendrick Lamar tune. Savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I just took the blimp out with Michael, I flew it as high as I could into the air, I am talking way above the clouds, my plan was to leap out and parachute onto my next mission blip like a boss, so I leapt out and low and behold Michael has no parachute! All I could do was laugh as he tumbled back to earth and splattered all over the pavement! Took a good 30 seconds of free falling I reckon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

What a game lads, just unreal.

I'm the black lad in it, what's the story is there a few different characters? Can you change halfway through the game like the intro mission?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I wet myself laughing at the spirit jogging :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I can see the driving getting boring after a bit, should have kept the gta4 mechanics imo, but other than that the game is ace :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thanks to the new driving mechanics, I can actually enjoy this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Motivator wrote: »
    What a game lads, just unreal.

I'm the black lad in it, what's the story is there a few different characters? Can you change halfway through the game like the intro mission?

3 playable characters you can switch between, you should be meeting the 2nd soon. I ****ing love this game! :D
    The Yacht chase on the motorway was simply epic

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Im after Starting Missions with Trevor Atm

The Man is a Lunatic

Bit worried ill run out of missions sooner then i taught haha,
    24% done after one night :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I can actually ride a motorbike this game , could never manage it in previous gtas

Drove around the coast road , that'll be an epic multiplayer race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

How do you buy weed in it?
    I just keep going up to random black people and click right in the hope that they have some :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

You can Smoke weed in franklins House on the couch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Why won't the bouncer let me behind the curtain?

Tempted to shoot him in the face and dart in for a peek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I really like the driving, but I hate how you can control the car in midair and get it back on its wheels so easily if you flip over. I also keep jumping into walls when trying to climb them, but that makes me laugh every time so I don't mind.

Planning my first heist, love that there's multiple options for how to do it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haven't gotten the game yet,hopefully have it Friday,just wondering has anyone driven all around the map and roughly how long it took?also are there loads of side missions to do?

Haven't gotten the game yet,hopefully have it Friday,just wondering has anyone driven all around the map and roughly how long it took?also are there loads of side missions to do?

it's huge, and I mean huge. I took a 30+ minute drive today and had not even half it covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

What is on Grove Street that has everyone on her talking? Also (stupid question but I'm a noob) how do you rob a 24/7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What is on Grove Street that has everyone on her talking?

IT'S HOME NIGGA

GROVE STREET 4 LIFE DAWG

(You played San Andreas right?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    it's huge, and I mean huge. I took a 30+ minute drive today and had not even half it covered

Loads of side missions to do so too :D?

• Advertisement
Advertisement