Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Good craic last night, got to tag along as Aaronh, Ade and tok slaughtered the enemy.
    On a side note got tok with a nice flukey shot with the AA gun on Kharg. No doubt his revenge will be swift and bloody when it comes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Good craic last night, got to tag along as Aaronh, Ade and tok slaughtered the enemy.
    On a side note got tok with a nice flukey shot with the AA gun on Kharg. No doubt his revenge will be swift and bloody when it comes!!!

I couldn't believe it when I saw where you killed me from! Must have been about 400 meters away!

As I said it was a good thing you switched on to my team afterwards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mixednuts wrote: »
    When is the USAS unlocked ?

Is it under a specific class or is it under general unlock ?

Fecking thing is a beast .

Rank 43 or so, Major. It gets better as well. You start off with buckshot which is pretty powerful as a start point. Then you move onto fletchette which is like a load of darts which cut through the enemy, again, fairly powerful. Then you unlock the beauty that is the frag rounds. These things fcuk up your enemies day like nothing else. If anything, the suppression effect renders their vision obsolete, but the fact you just have to hit the ground around them to kill them makes it near unstoppable. The range on the frag rounds is also insane.

The downside to the frag rounds is that, if you're using them in tight spaces, there's a good chance you'll do damage to yourself. Potentially killing yourself.

Then after the frag rounds you unlock the slug rounds. Never used em and I can't say I've ever seen anyone else either.

I didn't get the points for flying the A-10 on Kharg rush last night :( Destroyed two jets, three tanks (including tok and Ade's) and killed several people in the process. Gutted :(

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I didn't get the points for flying the A-10 on Kharg rush last night :( Destroyed two jets, three tanks (including tok and Ade's) and killed several people in the process. Gutted :(

Why? Did it freeze?

It's very annoying when the game does freeze.

And ya you made bits of us in the jet!

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Why? Did it freeze?

It's very annoying when the game does freeze.

And ya you made bits of us in the jet!

Dunno what it was. Finished the game out, but got less points than I should and I didn't get anything for flying the jet :confused:

Was in it for a good 4/5 minutes but my stats on Battlelog still have me down as 1 minute 25 seconds with 0 kills :(

This might in the battlefield forum already but in case you havent seen it then here it is for the BIE platoon
    Noob Hunter -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1IVeKFHHnA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I didn't even realise you could knife people from the front. Whenever I try it just slashes him and then they riddle me with bullets :(

I didn't even realise you could knife people from the front. Whenever I try it just slashes him and then they riddle me with bullets :(

Speaking of knifing.... :D

Yeah you can but you have to be quick about it otherwise, as you say, you're done for.

Speaking of knifing.... :D

:(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fun games indeed. Sorry for bailing a tad early, but kinda thought it best to try and get an early night for the time in a month :pac: Wanted to end on a high as well. Some clutch games in that session too. I was laughing my head off when I spawned in the vehicle on Kharg Island in the last area and soon after we all spawned in it seemingly. Just casually drove around the back side of the docks in the warehouse and planted both M-Com's so easily. I always assumed if I went well left of the warehouse you'd be outside of the territory. One to note for next time!

Was giving the Recon class a proper go finally after unlocking the SV98 too. Love bolt action snipers, and was finally getting my aim with it on the last few games. Used to snipe in COD a hell of a lot and was very good at, obviously very different compared to BF! Really want to unlock the L96 and M40, reminds me of COD innit :D

Still a tad too inconsistent for my liking since my BF break post Xmas for a couple of weeks where before that I was doing so much better when playing regularly with Aaron and Remi but it's getting there!

Haha you swine! :P Literally spawned a couple of seconds before that happened.

• Advertisement

That was wicked the way we all just rocked up in the Amtrak without the enemy knowing. Definitely keep that one for the playbook for the future.

It was all well and good destroying your tank at the time, but not getting rewarded for near killing myself doing it sucks :( Nimble little jet that A-10
    :(

There's a fair high chance you'll get me at some point. Revenge will be expected :pac: Speaking of which, Ade has still eluded me :mad:

Jumping on now if anyone wants to waste an hour or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Anyone interested in playing a bit of co-op I'm going to have a go at unlocking the few guns through it for multiplayer over the next few days. Send me a friend invite psn: ZELUZ. I have a headset but knowing the crappy voip on bf3 it won't make a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I am only occasionally on BF3, but I must be really cr*p at this because I can't really get anywhere. This is so unlike BadCompany2, which I still go back to every now and then and end up with good number of kills and plenty of general fun - I don't know what it is - just can't seem to get to grips with the maps, weapons and almost always gets razed down before I have even figured out my bearings..! Suppose it's hard when you can't put in a good few hours at a time to get into the game.

Just had the most surreal game with the lads there. Will go into it later. Some guy in a chopper going 44-0 on Rush in Kharg Island. 4 of trying to take the damn thing out with SOFLAM and Stingers, etc! No could do.

90 mins of Rush we just played :eek:

90 min match I mean *

and and we win a Rush match on Noshair Canals, 3 vs 4 minimum attacking.

Felt the sting of Aaron's USAS-12 a couple of times last night, nasty weapon:(
    Had to laugh when he was playing that one round on Caspian with those [USDF] lads, for some reason I could just imagine them listening to the Team America song non stop. They just seemed to storm in shoot the place up and were gone after 1 round!!!
    Mind you i'm probably just generalising with the America thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BN1jSpiyIM&feature=related

Felt the sting of Aaron's USAS-12 a couple of times last night, nasty weapon:(
    Had to laugh when he was playing that one round on Caspian with those [USDF] lads, for some reason I could just imagine them listening to the Team America song non stop. They just seemed to storm in shoot the place up and were gone after 1 round!!!
    Mind you i'm probably just generalising with the America thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BN1jSpiyIM&feature=related

:D Its a beast alright. Got myself a shiny new toy to play with after doing some coop with BrianOFlanagan last night. The final engineer gun. Also a beast :D

Couldn't tell if those US dudes were playing that song as I was on my lonesome in my own awesome squad :p They were pretty quick to destroy the mcoms though, blitzkrieg types.
    90 mins of Rush we just played :eek:

90 min match I mean *

and and we win a Rush match on Noshair Canals, 3 vs 4 minimum attacking.

Dunno how we won that. That bastard in the AA was fcuking us up pretty badly. Luckily though he wasn't exactly helping his team all that much by holding back so far and aiming mainly for helicopters

Need to finish 2 co-op missions myself. The last one and the one with the hostages, I'd say it's impossible without a headset. Got very frustrated when a guy kept going for the same bus as me when I was telling him not to! That's only the beginning too!

Can't say I enjoyed the games last night that much! Tonight will have to be a different story! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

ahhh haven't played battlefield in a few weeks, trying to play it now and can't join a server..So annoying, when are they gonna fix this, and also have they fixed the voice thing yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Need to finish 2 co-op missions myself. The last one and the one with the hostages, I'd say it's impossible without a headset. Got very frustrated when a guy kept going for the same bus as me when I was telling him not to! That's only the beginning too!

Can't say I enjoyed the games last night that much! Tonight will have to be a different story! :)

Need to finish the co-op myself. Can't remember how many goes it took for me and aaronh007 to finish the one with the hostages, it's just bloody awful!!!

Need to finish the co-op myself. Can't remember how many goes it took for me and aaronh007 to finish the one with the hostages, it's just bloody awful!!!

"This is pissing in my cornflakes" - BrianOFlanagan 2012 :D

Good games for the most part fellas.

Not sure what I could do more with those last couple of games though! :pac: I was all out action man playing defence on Tehran Valley especially.

I fecking hate playing against you... everytime I pop out of cover, there you are with your G36C or your pistol and kill me. That Tehran game you were 6-1 at one point :(

Was class the first few rounds we played. Must have had 6 boardsies on at the same time. Mullered the other team

Thankfully there's no Tunguska for you in Tehran Valley :p You honestly don't realise how much I hate that thing! I locked onto you with Soflam a good few times in Canals. Most of my teammates were being idiots though :/

Thankfully there's no Tunguska for you in Tehran Valley :p You honestly don't realise how much I hate that thing! I locked onto you with Soflam a good few times in Canals. Most of my teammates were being idiots though :/

:D Pity there isn't, its ridiculously OP and takes a fair amount of damage. I only remember too well our match the last night against it... sawing me in half more times than I care to remember

Oh I heard the lock on sound all too often. Had to duck behind the building a few times after trying to get those of ye on top of that giant shed.

Got the Melee Ribbon last nite. Only 4 tickets left and I saw a lad below the hilltop flag in Caspian Border. Jumped off the hill and had to chase him back up the hill while thinking 'I'm not going to get it' but I did :D

Next up for the knife.. arronh007 ;)

Just the 2 ribbons left now. Not really sure whats my obsession with them, just want all of them. The medals will take a small bit longer!

Just like to take this opportunity to congratulate tok9 on achieving The kick the sh**e out of McMafia ribbon, not an overly difficult ribbon to achieve but it still requires some effort on behalf of the recipient :D

After he killed me for the eighth time on canals, it was definitely time to call it a day. I'd like to say how i'm going to have my revenge but.... eh I think we already know the answer to that one.;)

Just like to take this opportunity to congratulate tok9 on achieving The kick the sh**e out of McMafia ribbon, not an overly difficult ribbon to achieve but it still requires some effort on behalf of the recipient :D

After he killed me for the eighth time on canals, it was definitely time to call it a day. I'd like to say how i'm going to have my revenge but.... eh I think we already know the answer to that one.;)

Ha thanks McMafia, I didn't intentionally go out to kill you is all I'll say :D

Ade had a ridiculous killing streak against me, I must get my revenge!

• Advertisement

Should be on sometime around 6 or 7 if you's are about. Cousins are hogging the PS3 atm.

Advertisement