Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much would you change to keep a man?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

The thing about weight i don't get, if the girl was average size when the started going out, then piled it on over the years out of pure laziness would the guy still be in the wrong asking the girl to lose weight 'cause he's finding his attraction to her dwindling ? Would it be alright for a girl to say it to a man about his weight if he's getting a belly and what not ?.

If my girlfriend started gaining weight steadily over the years and I was unhappy with it, I'd say it to her and let her know i'm not happy with it. I'm pretty sure she'd do the same thing, and I'd understand that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Pyr0 wrote: »
    The thing about weight i don't get, if the girl was average size when the started going out, then piled it on over the years out of pure laziness would the guy still be in the wrong asking the girl to lose weight 'cause he's finding his attraction to her dwindling ? Would it be alright for a girl to say it to a man about his weight if he's getting a belly and what not ?.

If my girlfriend started gaining weight steadily over the years and I was unhappy with it, I'd say it to her and let her know i'm not happy with it. I'm pretty sure she'd do the same thing, and I'd understand that.

It's within a partner's right to tell their other half that something they're doing is affecting the relationship. So, if your partner was to put on weight and it made you feel less attracted towards them, to the point where it was maybe damaging your sex life or making you want to look elsewhere then it's entirely your obligation to tell them that, for the sake of the relationship - whether you're male or female.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah thats what I think completely, but i've heard a few people say "You should never point out your girlfriends weight, unless its for a good reason" type of stuff, just wondering if anyone agreed with that type of attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah thats what I think completely, but i've heard a few people say "You should never point out your girlfriends weight, unless its for a good reason" type of stuff
    Weight gain would be a good reason in and of itself in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yeah thats what I think completely, but i've heard a few people say "You should never point out your girlfriends weight, unless its for a good reason" type of stuff, just wondering if anyone agreed with that type of attitude.

Would your dwindling attraction and the resultant jeopardy to your relationship not be a good reason to mention it? I'm no skinnymalink but I can understand and appreciate how certain changes you go through in a relationship can adjust that relationship. Piling on weight can reduce how attractive you are to some people - that's their prerogative. I don't think anyone should be with someone they're not happy with, for whatever reason. If you're not happy, you should try to become happy. If pointing out an issue will have such a detrimental effect to your relationship then what are you doing with someone you can't even talk to or express concern about? I'm constantly gobsmacked!

I don't think I'd intentionally change for anyone, definitely not anyone I know at the moment anyway. But then again, when you're with someone you change subtly without even realising it. Because you're not single, you have to factor someone else into your consciousness. If you're trying to make yourself different in a way you're uncomfortable with, is it really a relationship you want to be in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I've changed enough so that I can include him in my life.

I won't change my appearance for a man.

If I were with a man who after 10yrs - 20yrs expected me to be the same as I was when we first started going out I'd be disappointed in his unrealistic expectations of me. Age causes a lot of physical changes in humans (not to mind pregnancy for those women who have children). In my opinion, a woman and a man should expect, and deal with, physical changes of their partner over the course of a substantial amount of time. Nobody can be 20 forever.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I dont think I would get surgery just to please a fella. You should love each other for you are and what was there when you met. The furtherest I have gone to keep my OH happy is keeping my hair long because he likes it and I wear skirts more often. I can also stay quiet for an entire football match which he loves :D

I would love to get stuff done to keep myself happy though :)

Advertisement