Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford mob 'attacks' Roma family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

If you read the comments underneath the video on Facebook, one lunatic referred to the Roma as her 'Roma brothers' and offered to drive down to stand in solidarity with them.

These people live a very sheltered existence.

I hope she leaves her purse at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

woodoo wrote: »
    Perhaps when a house comes up for rent in your neighborhood you could inform pavee point and they could move some roma in. That will test your leftie credentials.

Look it. .let them live away wherever they want....so long as like everyone else's they don't put in and out on anyone...there no problem...but Jesus these were taking the piss and was time for them to be gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

If you read the comments underneath the video on Facebook, one lunatic referred to the Roma as her 'Roma brothers' and offered to drive down to stand in solidarity with them.

Dangerously naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

Pity the powers-that-be can not rehouse them next door to her,I am sure she would be delighted,(well maybe for a day or two).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

woodoo wrote: »
    Perhaps when a house comes up for rent in your neighborhood you could inform pavee point and they could move some roma in. That will test your leftie credentials.

I live a few doors down from a methadone clinic and and around the corner from a men's homeless hostel. You don't need to tell me about anti social behaviour. If **** goes down you call the cops.

I like how you conflate thinking trackie wearing muppets in a mob outside a house are dopes is being left wing. Carry on regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Forgot to add in my post our police force are also afraid and limited at what they can actually do as do gooders and the laws don't back them.

The likes of that very dim person on facebook saying she would stand by them and support is too common as I come across these types all the time.

pablo128 wrote: »
    What's this about tracksuits? I wear track suits now and then. I'm 39, with a partner and child, 3 cars between us, and I work 6 days a week.

What's the big deal about an item of clothing? What if I had ginger hair, buck teeth, black slip-ons and a pair of chino's too big for me? Would you call me a traveller?

If you're part of a mob screaming 'out out out' in front of a house in a tracksuit, yeah I reserve the right to call that person a scumbag. I highly doubt the people in the video are the most productive members of society themselves. This smacks of an organised act of intimidation.

I've no love for anyone who mugs or steals, but this craic in Waterford is scummy.

Yurt! wrote: »
    I live a few doors down from a methadone clinic and and around the corner from a men's homeless hostel. You don't need to tell me about anti social behaviour. If **** goes down you call the cops.

I like how you conflate thinking trackie wearing muppets in a mob outside a house is being left wing. Carry on uregardless.
    What do you do if after attempted mugging caught on camera going to gaurds following morning with black eye only to be told nothing really can be done....the way things were going only matter of time before they killed someone...we have enough native scumbags around Waterford...don't mind the begging..thats harmless enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

If you're part of a mob screaming 'out out out' in front of a house in a tracksuit, yeah I reserve the right to call that person a scumbag. I highly doubt the people in the video are the most productive members of society themselves. This smacks of an organised act of intimidation.

I've no love for anyone who mugs or steals, but this craic in Waterford is scummy.
    What has that got to do with wearing a tracksuit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

All I took from the video was the Gardai outside the houses were facing the wrong way..

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    What has that got to do with wearing a tracksuit?

I'll be as polite as I can with this one, I've found that those who wear tracksuits outside of a sporting context aren't the most civilised of people themselves. The video sadly confirms this bias of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

I'll be as polite as I can with this one, I've found that those who wear tracksuits outside of a sporting context aren't the most civilised of people themselves. The video sadly confirms this bias of mine.

That's hilarious.. here you are trying to argue against generalisations and bias, and engaging in it yourself.. if the charter allowed I would be calling you names right now, because you are a

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

There's only a handful of people wearing tracksuits in that video Out of a crowd of about 100. Don't know why you keep talking about them.

If it was Dublin it would be about 50%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

If it's true about the robbing etc then it's fair enough. In that case it'd be nice to head down by yourself, and when they come out to rob you have a few lads coming the other way with bats, and batter them round the place.

Your man taking the video is a dickhead all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

You are saying I am not civilised then if I wear one of my tracksuits when I am not playing football. You are saying my 6 year old daughter is not civilised when she is out playing while wearing a tracksuit. One of the most comfortable and practical outfits you can wear for casual use.

Why don't you look past the tracksuits and ask yourself how many of those people outside of that house have suffered at the hands of these thugs?

And stop labelling people wearing tracksuits as scumbags please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

When will Europe wake up, we need checks and balances on our immigration policy into who we leave in

johnty56 wrote: »
    That's hilarious.. here you are trying to argue against generalisations and bias, and engaging in it yourself.. if the charter allowed I would be calling you names right now, because you are a

Go call the tracksuit discrimination council of Ireland, I'm sure they'll be very interested to hear about your grievance.

My point is very simple, those who attempt to engage in mob justice are plumbs and lead society down a very dangerous path.

If your problem is Roma or anyone else committing crime, call the cops or organise a community meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Go call the tracksuit discrimination council of Ireland, I'm sure they'll be very interested to hear about your grievance.

My point is very simple, those who attempt to engage in mob justice are plumbs and lead society down a very dangerous path.

If your problem is Roma or anyone else committing crime, call the cops or organise a community meeting.

No, I think your point is that people wearing Tracksuits can't possibly have legitimate grievances, you bell-end.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cops cant touch them and politicians are afraid to do anything as will be all labeled racist etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

There's always 2 sides to a story. We just see the video. There's obviously a reason for this little protest and I doubt it's anything to do with race. The targets just happen to be Romanian so people use the racism card immediately.

• Advertisement

No, I think your point is that people wearing Tracksuits can't possibly have legitimate grievances, you bell-end.

How many of this highly sporting mob have been attacked by Roma? Few enough I'd wager. This was an organised mob of clowns looking to start trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Any of the Roma men ive seen wear tracksuit bottoms with their leather jackets and slip-on shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Tugboats wrote: »
    They provide a vital rose selling service outside nightclubs at 2am. Ive impressed and pulled many fat Irish slags with the help of a Roma rose seller

any reason for being such a ****ing prick? typical AH anti women attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

How many of this highly sporting mob have been attacked by Roma? Few enough I'd wager. This was an organised mob of clowns looking to start trouble.

I haven't been attacked by ISIS, does that mean I can't go out and attend a protest against them? Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself, it's past your bedtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

There's only a handful of people wearing tracksuits in that video Out of a crowd of about 100. Don't know why you keep talking about them.

If it was Dublin it would be about 50%.

There was about 60 people there, some were wearing tracksuits, some were wearing jeans.

What difference does it make? Some scumbags I know dress very well.

I haven't been attacked by ISIS, does that mean I can't go out and attend a protest against them? Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself, it's past your bedtime.

Roma thieves = ISIS. I've heard it all now.

This isn't a protest, it's a mob of people screaming outside a house. I trust you understand the distinction. Or maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

kryogen wrote: »
    There was about 60 people there, some were wearing tracksuits, some were wearing jeans.

What difference does it make? Some scumbags I know dress very well.

Couldn't give a **** what people wear.

Should March on every scumbag in the town if it sorts them out.

I would say there is not one person who does be around town on a sat night...that doesn't know someone who's been mugged/ attacked....afaik the su in wit were after complain them as well for burglaries and hassling students passing aswell
    Still nothing done...after three years of regular complaint....it seems they finally overplayed there hand to day chasing people down with knives to mug them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

There's always 2 sides to a story. We just see the video. There's obviously a reason for this little protest and I doubt it's anything to do with race. The targets just happen to be Romanian so people use the racism card immediately.

Not sure which video ye saw, is it in the OP? didnt click the link, just know from my facebook newsfeed and working down in that area myself while it was happening what went on.

There was a protest, the guards were called. The people protesting are not wrong to be angry at the criminals living in the houses, but it was not a good situation, that kind of thing in general is never good. There are kids in the houses too and though they would already rob the eye out of your head I am sure they shouldn't be harmed, taken in care maybe, but not terrified or harmed.

This is not to say any harm would have come to them from the protesters or anything if the Gardai had not been called, but its a slippy slope and particularly in light of what happened last week with the petrol bomb I think people should show some restraint while making their feelings known.

Protesting (peacefully) contacting and petitioning landlords/councils etc is perfectly acceptable to me, vigilante justice would not be. As a society we either want law and order or we don't tbh. Its not perfect obviously, apparently they had been served notice of eviction already anyway which is good if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Roma thieves = ISIS. I've heard it all now.

He didn't say that, he made a simple point and you can't understand it. Try reading it again very slowly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement