Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford mob 'attacks' Roma family

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

woodoo wrote: »
    They rarely add anything positive to society, we certainly don't want to many of them in Ireland.

Either do our political class. Should we gang up and assault them also?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The Roma's chased an Irish person down the street at 430pm To rob him with knives and batons.

This is in front if a child's playground.

Then this crowd gathered.

Understand that before you start with the racist ****.

Call the Gards, call a townhall community meeting, meet with your local representatives.

A mob of tracksuit wearing plonkers surrounding a house (perhaps with kids inside, you don't know) foaming at the mouth is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Can't say I agree with mob rule, but being honest I would hate them living near me. Yes yes, racism discrimination bla black bla. They are a pest anywhere they go, they should look at there own actions before playing the victim crying to pavee point etc.

Can Roma's go to pavee?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

interesting development. the crowd was in fairness shot through with knuckle dragging f tards but at he same time those roma in waterford are agressive abusive criminals who prey on the easy life in ireland , the soft justice system and the generous social welfare.
    i am aware that not all roma are from Romania but having spent a little time in Romania i can tell you that they act the same there but are treated much more harshly than here.

im sure their are nice law abding hard working roma out here but (i ve never met one ) but that crew in waterford arent. when they arent mugging folks coming home from the pub and begging and thieving from the local shops the travel the country shoplifting high value items live booze and electrical goods from shops.

i wonder if that sort of " protest" will kick off in other towns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

michellie wrote: »
    Unfortunately a few unsavoury characters showed up to join in on the protest.

Wasn't there a Facebook page set up a week or two to organise a "confrontation" with them in Waterford, but was subsequently taken down because of the backlash against it?

I don't think a few unsavoury characters just happened to show up, more so it was a planned assault.

• Advertisement

Can't say I agree with mob rule, but being honest I would hate them living near me. Yes yes, racism discrimination bla black bla. They are disliked anywhere they go, they should look at there own actions before playing the victim crying to pavee point etc.

I'm no fan of how the travelling community raises it's children and conduct their affairs much of the time, but the day there's a mob of pitchfork wielding bigots surrounding a halting site looking for blood will be a sad indictment of what our society will tolerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Call the Gards, call a townhall community meeting, meet with your local representatives.

A mob of tracksuit wearing plonkers surrounding a house (perhaps with kids inside, you don't know) foaming at the mouth is unacceptable.

But understandable. This has been going on for a while, and this is what happens when law abiding citizens feel their concerns are not being listened to or acted on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They are born and brought up to steal and get food and money any way possible.

They are scam artists, beggers, thiefs and even do be doing the ATM skimming of cards among tons of other things.

For some reason the Irish and their laws are too soft and think everyone are angels and deserve not just a second chance but 10 or more.

These certain groups have been investigated and have been found to have plenty of money and huge homes in their original place of residency.

The Irish tax payer cant afford to keep housing these for free and paying them not to work as they could never take a job as they are already professional thieves.

Of course we will hear the pc brigade on saying how hard they have it and every Irish person is a racist against them etc etc.

wake up to the absolute sh1t that is going on on this small island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

How do you know that they didn't call the guards or talk to their elected representatives about this? Just like in the France and the burqa ban thread, the Irish middle class lefties, who live in predominantly Irish middle class areas, know best. Not the people who actually live in these areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Either do our political class. Should we gang up and assault them also?

See post #13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

deise08 wrote: »
    Can Roma's go to pavee?

Yes, there is a large section on there website dedicated to Roma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The fact of the matter is, while its a good thing to make a public demonstration against scum in your area, ask yourselves. How often would we as a town/city/county/country band together to rid ourselves of a bunch of Irish scumbags. I can't remember many times this has happened to a group of Irish scumbags, if ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just saw this linked elsewhere

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=837447799634241

Anyone have any more details?

Wasn't a mob attacking a family.

It was a bunch of............people, protesting outside some houses that are lived in by the criminal elements of the Roma's that live in Waterford.

I have no love for the Roma, particularly the shower that haunt John Street and the surrounding area of my city, but this ****e achieves nothing and can set things off on a dangerous slope.

The area is now a hotspot for assaults, theft, dealing. People are angry and I suppose they don't know what to do when they feel like they are getting nowhere legally but it is not something I would support.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

These people contribute nothing to society. Instead they claim every benefit under the sun and spend their day begging and terrorising decent people

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is, while its a good thing to make a public demonstration against scum in your area, ask yourselves. How often would we as a town/city/county/country band together to rid ourselves of a bunch of Irish scumbags. I can't remember many times this has happened to a group of Irish scumbags, if ever.

You mustn't know many people who lived in inner city or west Dublin in the 80s or 90s so.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Can Roma's go to pavee?

Yup. Pavee caters to both the Travelling and Roma Communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Happened a good lot in the 90's with the whole anti-drugs movement thing in Dublin. It wasn't super effective obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Sinn Fein had no problem confronting scumbag families where I'm from, back in the day.

When that became 'unacceptable' to the masses, the area got destroyed with heroin and other drugs, culminating in 2 families regularly having shoot outs across the local park/football pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Can Roma's go to pavee?

its built for them :

http://www.paveepoint.ie

government funded so yer paying to get harassed,robbed and raped

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Do you actually think this just started today? This has been making news here for months and Guards have done nothing.

They literally walk outside there house and smash bottle's off peoples head for a tenner and a phone.

Today they came out with knives and batons at 4 pm and started robbing random people.

Not even a ****ing traveller would be that bad.
    Stop with this meet with your politician ****.

The guards where of course called and once again did jack ****.

• Advertisement

How do you know that they didn't call the guards or talk to their elected representatives about this? Just like in the France and the burqa ban thread, the Irish middle class lefties, who live in predominantly Irish middle class areas, know best. Not the people who actually live in these areas.

There were more tracksuits in that video than an Olympic village. I'm going to take a wild guess that the folk outside that house are the demographic that are used to Garda interaction themselves.

If they were in Britain they'd be BNP fodder.

I live in a poorer urban setting myself before you go there. And there's a difference between being working class and acting like a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

pablo128 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein had no problem confronting scumbag families where I'm from, back in the day.

When that became 'unacceptable' to the masses, the area got destroyed with heroin and other drugs, culminating in 2 families regularly having shoot outs across the local park/football pitches.

Back in the day being the 1800s wild west ?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

I'm no fan of how the travelling community raises it's children and conduct their affairs much of the time, but the day there's a mob of pitchfork wielding bigots surrounding a halting site looking for blood will be a sad indictment of what our society will tolerate.

I agree, that is why I stated that I'm no fan of mob rule. If pavee point recognised the faults within the travelling and roma community and worked to fix them they would be much better of and tollerane with settled folk would grow. Until then they will reap what they so.

Do you actually think this just started today? This has been making news here for months and Guards have done nothing.

They literally walk outside there house and smash bottle's off peoples head for a tenner and a phone.

Today they came out with knives and batons at 4 pm and started robbing random people.

Not even a ****ing traveller would be that bad.
    Stop with this meet with your politician ****.

The guards where of course called and once again did jack ****.

Don a cape and mask and form a justice league with your buddies so. May I suggest 'Captain Shellsuit'?

As I said, BNP fodder the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The gaurds don't care/ appear helpless to do anything...alot of there crimes are CCTV monitored ( well my mates attempted mugging was)...hopefully the town will be a bit safer on night's out now

As for politician there is one who is at lesst attempting to rid another estate in the town of ridding it of another criminal family who have already burnt hid car out...tbf to him he hasn't backed down and his constant badgering has led to limited action from the gaurds and CAB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

There were more tracksuits in that video than an Olympic village. I'm going to take a wild guess that the folk outside that house are the demographic that are used to Garda interaction themselves.

I live in a poorer urban setting myself before you go there. And there's a difference between being working class and acting like a scumbag.
    What's this about tracksuits? I wear track suits now and then. I'm 39, with a partner and child, 3 cars between us, and I work 6 days a week.

What's the big deal about an item of clothing? What if I had ginger hair, buck teeth, black slip-ons and a pair of chino's too big for me? Would you call me a traveller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Perhaps when a house comes up for rent in your neighborhood you could inform pavee point and they could move some roma in. That will test your leftie credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Don a cape and mask and form a justice league with your buddies so. May I suggest 'Captain Shellsuit'?

As I said, BNP fodder the lot of them.

Head down there yourself so and give the Roma some hugs, that should sort it out. You're either very young or very naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

When cultural Marxism gets its claws into the apparatus of the state under the guise of liberal tolerance, people in their anger & despair fall into vigilantism.

• Advertisement

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Head down there yourself so and give the Roma some hugs, that should sort it out. You're either very young or very naive.

If you read the comments underneath the video on Facebook, one lunatic referred to the Roma as her 'Roma brothers' and offered to drive down to stand in solidarity with them.

These people live a very sheltered existence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement