Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Engineer Locked.

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What displays when you enter Clear Set Full?
    Also try the engineer code and press 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

cheers for the reply KoolAid,

When I enter the code and Clear Set Full , call engineer flashes.
    I tried to enter what I think is the engineer code and pressed 11, unfortunately same thing just call engineer flashing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like the tamper reset.
    I have seen this sometimes & the display still shows 77 instead of.
    You will need to reset to default if you do not know the engineer code.
    Although if tamper reset is enabled there is a good chance its engineer locked.
    PM me who installed it & I'll see what I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pteach

Hi KoolKid hope you might be able to help have astec alarm and like others can't find anyone to service it Installer is now residing in Australia. Im getting a new front door fitted tomorrow and have been told codes etc are needed I'm not sure if I remember the code correctly and don't want to annoy the whole estate. Can I do anything to reset?

Do you have the user code? That should be all that's required.
    If not you would need to try a factory default .
    To try a factory default turn off the mains power & remove the battery link at the top right hand side. Remove the factory link at the top left hand side & power back up. If the panel defaulted you can disarm using the factory code Clear 4711 . If that does not work you will need an engineer to call out to reset it for you.
    Beware there are lots of lads out there that will try to con you into a new system saying Astec parts can not be got & the system can not be services.
    We have 1000s of these working perfectly . Sensors & detection devices can be replaced no problem.
    The main problems are is the panel or keypad goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

KoolKid wrote: »
    The main problems are is the panel or keypad goes.

Hey koolkid, my keypad on mine is showing signs of age. Sometimes one of the keys does not register when pressed, have to press it several times before it registers, so presume the keypad needs to be replaced. Are spare keypads available still?

I have a few old ones there I could swap out for you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anglik666

Hi, I'd like to get an Astec 63 engineer/installation manual, any ideas where I can find this?
    Or anybody knows how to change a forgotten user code?
    I have engineer code but only user manual...
    Thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

anglik666 wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to get an Astec 63 engineer/installation manual, any ideas where I can find this?
    Or anybody knows how to change a forgotten user code?
    I have engineer code but only user manual...
    Thanx

Sent you the manual by P.M.

If you dont have the user code but do the engineer code you will have to default the system. To change the user code has to be done using a user code.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marcoz

Hi,
    Ive an ASTEC 63DV alarm. Changed the battery about 4 month ago as I was getting Mains fault. ALl was sorted. Then about 3 week ago I got a fault 22 and the alarm started going off randomly when set and ringing me and all the other numbers on the list. Thought it was a sensor faulty at first as its been really windy the last few weeks. Then it went off on night at about 3 in morning when alarm wasn't even set. When I ran down to the panel and disarmed to stop the inner sounder the other sounder kept sounding for about 10 or 15 times after that and like it was slow or out tune or something. Really weird. Fault 22 on panel now and when I do the bell test, the external bell and strobes aint doing a thing. Tried the engineer default code off 1174 and nothing happened. how exactly are you meant to enter the code. Do you simple enter 1174 or are you meant to use set, clear or something with that. Got a message, "TAMPER" on the keypad display using one of the key combinations I tried with 1174. Presumably the code was changed. Fitted in 2006ish by a company who Im sure are not in business anymore. Was gonna stick a ladder up to the bellbox and have a look around. doubt I disturbed something when changing the battery few months back as there was nothing wrong until very recently. Any help from anyone as Id love to fix this alarm without having to replace the whole thing. Im aware of the situation with ASTEC alarms and how If one part goes your more or less looking at a new system. Aint got the funds for that sort of stuff at moment and although Im able to set the alarm. I haven't as Im not sure whether its going to randomly go off again. Ive a 1 and half year old child in the house and that's the last I want, it to scare the ****e out of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 szopen

Hi

Guys please help me out with installation manual for astec 63DV. Please, please...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi Guys,

there is a sticky for this, so I'm closed this year old thread, if you have a manual request, please use the sticky.

Best regards

Stoner

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement