Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS HD9230/20 Viva Airfryer - Currys - €129.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Techmaster wrote: »
    Anyone that bought it at the higher price, you can go back in and get the difference refunded within 7 days. That's policy.

Seems no one bothered to read my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Techmaster wrote: »
    Seems no one bothered to read my post above.

I did.

I emailed them this morning, and they said they will charge my card the new price rather than the old price , so no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,169 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just tried it there. Some potato cubes. Done in 22 minutes from cold with a tiny bit of olive oil and they tasted like chipper chips

Looking forward to cooking proper meals now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Don't mean to derail but...
    Would anyone have any input on the Philips AryFry in the OP put up against this one in argos?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9066650/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7C19780844%7CSmall+kitchen+appliances%7C14418587/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418587%7CFryers%7C14418598.htm

After all the great reviews I'm thinking of buying one but I'm late to the party on knowing whats good about either.
    Any input appriciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anonymous12

Philips Airfryer now available for £49 on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

You little Daisy!!

Thanks.

Still available and free shipping.

€64 all in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

Not the same one as OP, but a massive price for this bit of kit. Never been this low...ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

I got the one in currys yesterday. It's still unopened. Is it worth the €30 more than the Amazon one?

barneyrub wrote: »
    I got the one in currys yesterday. It's still unopened. Is it worth the €30 more than the Amazon one?

same size/capacity just one has a digital display, and the other a dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jesus, that is an absolute steal. Tempted to get this instead of the digital, its a present so they will be happy either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

same size/capacity just one has a digital display, and the other a dial.
    Thank you.

Not sure what to do now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

Are chips really that good in it?

Some people claim theyre as good as chipper chips, where as others have been very disappointed.

Not sure wether or not to pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

I'm in the process of trying to cancel the digital and have just bought this one - worse case scenario I return the digital. Great bargain :-)

Doge wrote: »

tumblr_npmt4oFil41uwyyn7o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

Sorry to derail slightly but im looking for a larger capacity. Anyone any opinions on the Russell Hobbs 2litre for 69?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Currently in the process of trying to cancel the order to curry's. It's not an easy process. Tried emailing websales@currys.ie but emails are being returned with an error message. Then rang 1890400001 but they said only way is through email. So kinda stuck. Has anyone any ideas or maybe another email I could try

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are chips really that good in it?

Some people claim theyre as good as chipper chips, where as others have been very disappointed.

Some people report excellent results from homemade chips if you soak them overnight to get rid of starch then coat them with oil properly etc, I just skip all that and use Aldi Homefries or with a steak the Aldi premium thick cut, its really, really, good with oven chips, as in nearly raises them up to deep fat fried level. I couldnt stomach oven chips from our old oven, soggy, singed dehydrated dirty oven flavoured yokes, now I have to force myself not to have them 5 nights a week :D

Same for everything else like spring rolls, onion rings, chicken nuggets, southern fried chicken, scampi, fish fingers, fish cakes, full Irish, pork chops, steak, pork belly, roast chicken... anything you can think of, cooked twice as fast as the oven and no smoky burnt grease taste off any of it, just perfectly cooked food every time.

Downsides are it can be a pain to clean if you let the grease build up in the basket but a blast in the dishwasher usually cures it and it is small, its really the students or single persons best friend, but it can do the meat for 3-4 people if you do the veg elsewhere.

bluedoor27 wrote: »
    Currently in the process of trying to cancel the order to curry's. It's not an easy process. Tried emailing websales@currys.ie but emails are being returned with an error message. Then rang 1890400001 but they said only way is through email. So kinda stuck. Has anyone any ideas or maybe another email I could try
    Its Black Friday, they're probably swamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Thargor wrote: »
    Its Black Friday, they're probably swamped.
    I know they are so probably just have to keep trying

Some people report excellent results from homemade chips if you soak them overnight to get rid of starch then coat them with oil properly etc, I just skip all that and use Aldi Homefries or with a steak the Aldi premium thick cut, its really, really, good with oven chips, as in nearly raises them up to deep fat fried level. I couldnt stomach oven chips from our old oven, soggy, singed dehydrated dirty oven flavoured yokes, now I have to force myself not to have them 5 nights a week :D

Same for everything else like spring rolls, onion rings, chicken nuggets, southern fried chicken, scampi, fish fingers, fish cakes, full Irish, pork chops, steak, pork belly, roast chicken... anything you can think of, cooked twice as fast as the oven and no smoky burnt grease taste off any of it, just perfectly cooked food every time.

Downsides are it can be a pain to clean if you let the grease build up in the basket but a blast in the dishwasher usually cures it and it is small, its really the students or single persons best friend, but it can do the meat for 3-4 people if you do the veg elsewhere.

F*ck it, you've just convinced me to buy one! :D Thanks!

• Advertisement

You wont regret it at that price, it'll pay for itself after a few skipped takeaways, just dont be disappointed when you dehydrate or burn the first couple of things you put in it, it cooks hot and fast, mind you dont melt the counter with the basket aswell like my landlord did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,707 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Amazon one is out of stock till Dec 1st.. if you order now will they honour the price then?

You wont regret it at that price, it'll pay for itself after a few skipped takeaways, just dont be disappointed when you dehydrate or burn the first couple of things you put in it, it cooks hot and fast, mind you dont melt the counter with the basket aswell like my landlord did.

:pac:
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Amazon one is out of stock till Dec 1st.. if you order now will they honour the price then?

Pretty sure they have to as they cant charge more than what you were shown at checkout.

Worst case scenrio your order could be cancelled.

I ordered one anyway, so i'll see how it goes.

Pretty sure they have to as they cant charge more than what you were shown at checkout.

Worst case scenrio your order could be cancelled.

I ordered one anyway, so i'll see how it goes.

Feck it.. me too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

barneyrub wrote: »
    It's digital, man, digital I tell you! . And you can preset cooking temps and duration once you have the cooking times nailed. And you get a flashy cooking rack. Oh, and did I mention it's digital ! Of course it's worth the €30 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,876 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nearest store I can pickup one from.....Letterkenny......lol

I am based in Dublin

Now that I've ordered one the questions will start :p

eg: Chips.. frozen or oven best? What temp and for how long? :)

dodzy wrote: »
    It's digital, man, digital I tell you! . And you can preset cooking temps and duration once you have the cooking times nailed. And you get a flashy cooking rack. Oh, and did I mention it's digital ! Of course it's worth the €30 :D
    The cooking rack costs €30 alone so the digital one is a good deal too,

Its two tier so would be handy for doing 2 steaks i presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,169 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cronin_j wrote: »
    This has to be the best single thing ive ever bought for my house. The oven is an ornament in my house since i got it.

same as that
    dont even think about it folks...just get it
    this size model only suitable for two max though

Advertisement