Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS HD9230/20 Viva Airfryer - Currys - €129.99

Options
  • 25-11-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭

I have one of these and they are the greatest thing since the sliced pan. Available in Currys

http://www.currys.ie/Product/philips-hd923020-viva-airfryer-ink-black/322950/396.8

this is the digital version, its a fantastic price, you wont get it any cheaper I'd imagine as I paid €119 in the January sales last year in Currys and that was absolute steal.

Another xmas present sorted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Was thinking about one, looks like my mind got made up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I paid that price for the non-digital one 6 months ago, thats a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Cheers OP was on the look out for similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

This has to be the best single thing ive ever bought for my house. The oven is an ornament in my house since i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭jhansynk10

Just picked one up- great spot. No more suffering with the oven/stove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

Picked one up with currys UK - 75 pound (106 euro) plus few quid parcel motel. Can't understand why they still have price difference between UK and here. Good price though op.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Digital fryer down to €109. BA of the year IMO ! Got the 240GB SSD too. Thats me sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

dodzy wrote: »
    Digital fryer down to €109. BA of the year IMO ! Got the 240GB SSD too. Thats me sorted :D

Awesome deal in fairness, which can't be said too many times about Currys. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I got one too :o. I already have the cream non-digital one which I bought from Amazon for £99 3 years ago. Great machine, can't live without it! Will give the old one to my mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anyone that bought it at the higher price, you can go back in and get the difference refunded within 7 days. That's policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

2.5% back with fatcheese aswell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just reserved it there for tonight. Thanks again OP. The extra €20 saved today was a bonus too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Seems pretty small,how.much does it hold? As much as a actifry?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

AidanD12 wrote: »
    Picked one up with currys UK - 75 pound (106 euro) plus few quid parcel motel. Can't understand why they still have price difference between UK and here. Good price though op.

Oh that's a bit of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

2.5% back with fatcheese aswell.....

In theory, sure.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356752

Seems pretty small,how.much does it hold? As much as a actifry?
    Nope, but reviews are well and truly on the philips side of the fence. Reviews on boards are plentiful, as with Amazon, and theyre very positive. Could not let it go at a shade over €100, and definitely not for the digital version.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Did you have any problems with Irish credit card on the curry's UK order?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Scratch that, I see the Irish one matched it now.
    Thanks op!

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Scratch that, I see the Irish one matched it now.
    Thanks op!
    Think I used an English one that I have.
    Like you said the Irish site dropped the price this morning so better to buy from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I paid 129 yesterday will currys give me back the difference if I go back down.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    I paid 129 yesterday will currys give me back the difference if I go back down.

I'd chance just returning it (or cancelling it before it's delivered) and buying a new one at lower price. Pretty sure nothing wrong with that. I remember doing that with a lawnmower in B&Q once

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmmm.. I haven't used a fryer since the old days when they made a mess everywhere but oven chips don't cut it either :( Are these that much better/cleaner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

_Kaiser_ wrote:
    Hmmm.. I haven't used a fryer since the old days when they made a mess everywhere but oven chips don't cut it either Are these that much better/cleaner?

Completely different to the deep fat fryer. No oil needed.

I have mine a few weeks so I haven't tested it fully yet. I am not the best cook at all but the airfryer is so easy to use, fast and super easy to clean. Example of some handy meals I have tried: steak and chips in 15 minutes, 1.2kg whole chicken in 30 minutes and fish wrapped in tin foil with sauce and some par boiled baby potatoes lightly coated in olive oil done in 15 months.

Some people say its their best buy and I can see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

odckdo wrote: »
    Completely different to the deep fat fryer. No oil needed.

I have mine a few weeks so I haven't tested it fully yet. I am not the best cook at all but the airfryer is so easy to use, fast and super easy to clean. Example of some handy meals I have tried: steak and chips in 15 minutes, 1.2kg whole chicken in 30 minutes and fish wrapped in tin foil with sauce and some par boiled baby potatoes lightly coated in olive oil done in 15 months.

Some people say its their best buy and I can see why.

Would you fit two reasonably sized steaks in there at once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

A couple of striplons maybe but nothing else. Need to be flat on the basket so the air can circulate around so can't stack stuff up.

About 13 minutes for medium at 180 degrees. I think I read somewhere that you can put onions on top for the last 5 minutes or so.

The steak tastes way better than frying in a pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Onions underneath so the grease stops them from dehydrating.

AidanD12 wrote: »
    I'd chance just returning it (or cancelling it before it's delivered) and buying a new one at lower price. Pretty sure nothing wrong with that. I remember doing that with a lawnmower in B&Q once
    Of course you can, but you'll have to pay again while you are waiting on the refund. I'd try ringing, let them know your intention, and they might well apply a refund of the difference to your card. Amazon do it regularly. Easier for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Called to shop to inspect. Is the basket not a bit small ??
    I am looking to cater for family of four. Any opinions from users please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Sasso wrote: »
    Called to shop to inspect. Is the basket not a bit small ??
    I am looking to cater for family of four. Any opinions from users please ?

You won't cater for a family of 4 with this, this is a 1-2 person machine only.
    There is a larger model available I think but don't know how much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭amber2

I cook two rib eyes there no
    Problem as someone else said I cook them on a bed of onions and mushrooms both fit no problem. Go for it you won't regret it brilliant fryer.

Advertisement