Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer €179.99 @ Curry's

Options
  • 16-05-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

This is a pretty good price for this bit of kit. http://www.currys.ie/Product/philips-hd923020-viva-airfryer-ink-black/322950/396.2.9
    Picked up one after Xmas a little cheaper than this, but nonetheless, this is still a very good price (normally €299.99). On Amazon it is selling it for more than €179.99.

I definitely recommend this appliance! Since buying ours, we use it almost everyday to cook chips, chicken breasts, sausages, bacon, roast veg, etc. Everything done far quicker than regular fan-oven & healthier too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

It can sit in the back of the press beside the Soda Stream :pac::pac:

Have you tried frying chips with a hairdryer ?!!?

One of the worst inventions ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Bought it when it was 119 euro. Really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

bmm wrote: »

I have been using this for over a year now, and without a doubt the best appliance I have in the kitchen and would recommend to anyone. cooks quicker than the oven and needs less heat than the cooker.
    I paid 99 euro over a year ago for mine. if I see it drop to a similar price I will get another one just for backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

You obviously haven't got one, they're a great cooker and not just for chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

complete rubbish
    i got one for 119 also, great bit of kit, rarely use the oven now
    any number of things can be cooked in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,919 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Got mine for €115 about 2 years ago. Use it several times per week. Great machine and super quick compared to conventional oven or even deep fat fryer.

€180 is crazy money though. When I saw this thread, I presumed it was for the big capacity one. But it isn't.

unkel wrote: »
    Got mine for €115 about 2 years ago. Use it several times per week. Great machine and super quick compared to conventional oven or even deep fat fryer.

€180 is crazy money though. When I saw this thread, I presumed it was for the big capacity one. But it isn't.

i agree
    currys had them at 119 a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

unkel wrote: »

I presumed the same. Most reports say this is an excellent product and superior to the Tefal equivelant. Price fluctuations seem to be abnormal.

I'll buy one the next time I see a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

soc wrote: »
    This is a pretty good price for this bit of kit. http://www.currys.ie/Product/philips-hd923020-viva-airfryer-ink-black/322950/396.2.9
    Picked up one after Xmas a little cheaper than this, but nonetheless, this is still a very good price (normally €299.99). On Amazon it is selling it for more than €179.99.

I definitely recommend this appliance! Since buying ours, we use it almost everyday to cook chips, chicken breasts, sausages, bacon, roast veg, etc. Everything done far quicker than regular fan-oven & healthier too!

This price ain't no bargain

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was wondering about the price, which is more than I paid for the larger model as far as I can remember. Not a bargain at all, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Savage money...what the hell is the "expensive" component of this kitchen appliance? .

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

That's an old model.

The one in Currys is newer model (HD9230/20) with a digital display, and also comes with a removable shelf tray to give basket more capacity. I got this one for €119 a few months back - but this price is pretty good if you're on the lookout for one at the moment, as they've around €250 since Jan. This is the equivalent one in HN: http://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/small-cooking-appliances/fryers/philips-digital-air-fryer-health-fryer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If that is where your air fryer is then why not sell it? or give it to a friend/family. Sad to think such an amazing piece of kit is going to waste.

It is certainly not going to make deep fat fried style chips though, its a fast fan oven, not a deep fryer replacement.

I got mine for €109, I see a lad on adverts recently got €80 for one, they seem to get good money.

soc wrote: »
    That's an old model.

The one in Currys is newer model (HD9230/20) with a digital display, and also comes with a removable shelf tray to give basket more capacity. I got this one for €119 a few months back - but this price is pretty good if you're on the lookout for one at the moment, as they've around €250 since Jan. This is the equivalent one in HN: http://www.harveynorman.ie/small-appliances/small-cooking-appliances/fryers/philips-digital-air-fryer-health-fryer.html
    I also got the same one as you for 119 in curry sauce, I started a thread on it when it was on sale there recently. just thought I would show a cheaper model

Have this fryer too, again bought at €119. This is an amazing piece of kit. We use it 2/3 times a week ourselves. Quicker cheaper and just as tasty as conventional oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

We have one as well. Great item. My sunday morning fry up is about to go in to it actually. In about 10 minutes I'll be eating a full fry. Homemade chips are decent if you follow the guide that comes with it. Frozen oven chips turn out lovely from it. Chicken and ribs are my favorite though.

If you can get it at a good price it is a fantastic piece to have in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

SeaFields wrote: »
    .If you can get it at a good price it is a fantastic piece to have in the kitchen.

Thats the bottom line.

How the OP can call it a bargain when he/she bought it for two thirds of the price is something of a mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

HD9220/20 (older model?) £99 on amazon with free delivery - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431853667&sr=8-1&keywords=air+fryer
    Specs look identical , just dial rather than lcd.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Is this better than the tefal actifry?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

€130 in DID for the dial version, absolutely the best thing I ever bought for the kitchen, it cooks meat to perfection in a few minutes. Oven chips come out tasting like the best homemade deep fat fried chips. Removes half a pint of grease from everything without affecting taste. I whip up dinners in 15 minutes with it that would have taken an hour with the conventional oven. If mine broke in the morning I'd buy another one instantly, only downside is its a bit on the small side if cooking for more than one person.

The best steak and chips I ever cooked with fried onions and peas in 10 minutes from one device with no cleaning besides a rinse and wipe with a kitchen towel makes it my go-to food gadget, especially in shared accommodation where the conventional oven is always in use/manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

peaceboi wrote: »

The actifry's seem to have a lot of problems with stuff breaking on them, here's a good thread on amazon comparing the two systems, overall it looks like the airfry is better than the actifry method - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airfryer-v-Actifry/forum/Fx3S0ST5K3IRNXZ/Tx2UCMMALV8I5V9/1?asin=B0042EU3A2

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

peaceboi wrote: »
    Having owned both i would say the philips system is better.

The main issue with tefal, is all the moving parts, most of which are plastic based, so they get brittle with age, and the moving paddle has a motor etc all are potentially prone to failure.

The philips has an element and a fan, and a simple timer. Its so simple i would say its far less prone to breaking once treated correctly.

In my household the tefal seems to have a life of about 2 years before something breaks in it.

The philips certainly feels like a better build quality to me. The only difference with the philips one is that you manually need to stir or move about the food every 5-10 mins to ensure even cooking all over.

Also worth mentioning Philips comes with a 2 year worldwide warranty, tefal is 1 year usually i think.

I also got the same one as you for 119 in curry sauce, I started a thread on it when it was on sale there recently. just thought I would show a cheaper model
    There's a model sold in curry sauce.....mmmm, curry sauce!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I have a 4 year old Philips HD9220/20 and so far it still works good if anyone wonders about durability.

Any signs of deterioration in it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Outside looks like new, inside is worn away from cleaning as sometimes fat drips from food and is not that easy to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 louthuser

Any tips to give it a really good clean out, usually do a quick wipe with kitchen roll after a soak with hot water & washing up liquid. But its looking a bit worse for wear- how do you clean yours?

• Advertisement

Mine was caked in grease after cooking a fry-up for 3 people the other weekend so I put it in the garden and sprayed it with the hose, came out spotless... :D

Advertisement