Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 the_rovers_one

Upgraded the UPC broadband the other day now I can't connect to On Demand.. Anyone know how to fix this??

I went from an old router to a horizon box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Upgraded the UPC broadband the other day now I can't connect to On Demand.. Anyone know how to fix this??

I went from an old router to a horizon box.

You need HD to connect to On Demand now so that might be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You need HD to connect to On Demand now so that might be it.

That's only for box sets isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,307 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That's only for box sets isn't it?
    Correct. And the requirement to have HD for the boxsets kicks in at the end of this month and not September as had been originally stated by Sky....or at least thats what I was told by Sky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 the_rovers_one

I have the HD subscription. I have everything needed. I've entered the new wifi codes into the sky boxes but they won't connect to on demand. It's saying 'Connection to Router:OK', 'Connection to On Demand:FAIL'. I've reset the network settings and entered it manually still no change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

muffler wrote: »
    Correct. And the requirement to have HD for the boxsets kicks in at the end of this month and not September as had been originally stated by Sky....or at least thats what I was told by Sky. :)

any boxsets that have been downloaded will still be available to watch,is that correct? Had been expecting them to be gone by the end of September,but didn't want to contact Sky in case they took them away! Won't be getting HD in order to watch them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Downloads seem to vary for me. With boardwalk empire episodes were available to watch within 10% it seemed but now I'm watching Spartacus and lots of times it waits until 40-55% complete to be available. Just started leaving a few episodes download each night I'm not using it so that they're there, ready to watch when I want.

Really want to rewatch The Wire on this since the quality is better than how I watched it the first time, don't like how they stretch it instead of using the original aspect ratio though, but getting rid of sky altogether next month probably. As much as I like the ease of using on demand instead of downloading through other means, the whole thing's just not worth the price with the other options available these days. I know it's the same in most places too, but the HD channels are only 720p or 1080i instead of full 1080p so although its obviously better than the SD channels its still disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,307 ✭✭✭✭muffler

maryfred wrote: »
    any boxsets that have been downloaded will still be available to watch,is that correct?
    They should be. I searched a few emails, letters and also online but I cant find where I read about 30th November being the date that a HD sub is required to view the boxsets.

Watch away anyhow as the cut off date will apply equally to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I have the HD subscription. I have everything needed. I've entered the new wifi codes into the sky boxes but they won't connect to on demand. It's saying 'Connection to Router:OK', 'Connection to On Demand:FAIL'. I've reset the network settings and entered it manually still no change.

Exact same thing happening for me. Extremely frustrating. On Demand works about 50% of the time, the other time it'll give me that error - "Connection to Router:OK', 'Connection to On Demand:FAIL".

Anyone know of a solution or the cause?

EDIT: Went to Settings > Network and Reset connection by pressing Red button, entered wifi password and this looks to have fixed it...for now anyway. Will keep it monitored. Our broadband speed is low (2-6mb) and sometimes drops so maybe this is the cause.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

muffler wrote: »
    They should be. I searched a few emails, letters and also online but I cant find where I read about 30th November being the date that a HD sub is required to view the boxsets.

Watch away anyhow as the cut off date will apply equally to everyone.

Box sets have gone,I'm assuming since the end of November. Just tried to download the Scandal boxset,but got the
    "upgrade your package" message. No thanks Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Hd boxsets only...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

TV show recommendation: if you liked love/hate, watch Gomorrah! It's in the bpxsets at the moment

Advertisement