Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Pulse accessories in the crescent are also closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Is Riordans pub in Abbeyfeale closed passed it on Thursday all locked up that was a lively spot back in the Day .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭brianhickey

Thelma and Louise's adult shop on Shannon St is closed.
    Q1UT1SN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

Does anyone have any idea if Kings shop on New Street has closed down? Drove by there a few times in the past week or so and its all locked up.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

leo78 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea if Kings shop on New Street has closed down? Drove by there a few times in the past week or so and its all locked up.

It hasn't been opened at the normal times for the past week or so. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Just noticed this add on DoneDeal for shop fittings. I could be wrong but I think it's that hat/clothes shop off Thomas Street? Is it closed?

https://www.donedeal.ie/shopfittings-for-sale/retro-vintage-furniture-shop-fittings-props-stock/15241874?campaign=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just noticed this add on DoneDeal for shop fittings. I could be wrong but I think it's that hat/clothes shop off Thomas Street? Is it closed?

https://www.donedeal.ie/shopfittings-for-sale/retro-vintage-furniture-shop-fittings-props-stock/15241874?campaign=3

Yes, its No. 15 Le Maison. Its closing this week I think. They are moving online.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Khing Thai is closing in about two weeks. Nicest Thai around IMO, such a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

le_girl wrote: »
    Khing Thai is closing in about two weeks. Nicest Thai around IMO, such a shame :(

Ah that is a shame. It really is such a nice place.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Pity, always liked it. Usually seemed to be busy enough whenever I was there but maybe "trendier" competition, in the form of Lana, Camille, etc, has adversely affected business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

It was never busy whenever I was in there, which was relatively frequently.

Just a terrible location, really.

The Tanjore Palace was excellent when it was there too, but couldn't sustain itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

where about is this place never heard of it

dunworth1 wrote: »
    where about is this place never heard of it

It's on Lower Glentworth Street over the Glen Tavern.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 iceadtea

Oh no that's a shame, such nice food. By far and away the nicest Thai around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

AlanOB wrote: »
    It was never busy whenever I was in there, which was relatively frequently.

Just a terrible location, really.

The Tanjore Palace was excellent when it was there too, but couldn't sustain itself.

Oh that was the Southern Indian place that was there a few years ago? that was an AMAZING place. The food was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

King Thai is just a bad location and a lot of people I recommend it to had never heard of the place.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Best Thai in Limerick, had a handful of repeat customers but is re-locating to Wicklow. Said business isnt good here. Such a shame, guess its back to Thai Gourmet, is it still open?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mc Love wrote: »
    Best Thai in Limerick, had a handful of repeat customers but is re-locating to Wicklow. Said business isnt good here. Such a shame, guess its back to Thai Gourmet, is it still open?

Nope. Closed when Varley took over the White House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

balls

Bubble Tea Paradise Cafe opposite Hunt Museum closing as per their Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Exeggcute wrote: »

The location isn't great unfortunately. The street is difficult to cross. Also, probably at the wrong end of town for the lunch trade. Where do people who work in the city hall and tax office tend to get lunch? The Hunt Museum? Or maybe they just eat at their desks, adventurous folks that they are :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Not that surprising. They were a vegan/vegetarian cafe until recently until they started putting meat on their menu. I think you're better off sticking to one thing and doing it well (like the old fire station) rather than catering to all and sundry.

panda100 wrote: »
    Not that surprising. They were a vegan/vegetarian cafe until recently until they started putting meat on their menu. I think you're better off sticking to one thing and doing it well (like the old fire station) rather than catering to all and sundry.

I agree, I'm guessing they were struggling which is why they added meat to the menu but it seems like a crazy move. They just alienated most of the customer base that they did have and any new customers they gained obviously weren't enough to keep them going.

They could have asked for feedback or ideas from their FB fans / customers to improve the menu instead of going against everything they've stood for, deleting any negative comments and asking friends to post generic positive comments (it was so obvious).

I'd love to see more vegan places open as there is a vegan community around looking for more options (myself included) and I can't wait to give the Old Fire Station a go.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

leo78 wrote: »

Just to follow upon this, it's definitely gone and was being emptied today

• Registered Users Posts: 22 iceadtea

panda100 wrote: »

I have to agree, if your opening a Vegan place stick to it. I think they should have tweaked the menu rather than try to add meat, the food was....not great. But some places aren't open to criticism or advice from their user base.

If they added meat that just tells me they had to as the vegan stuff wasn't paying the bills.

i saw right bitter old rants on their facebook over adding meat to the menu you'd swear the were forcefeeding it to the odd vegan that frequented the place. Felt sorry for them dealing with people like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

The corner shop on William Street and Foxes bowe is closed and all cleared out.

If they added meat that just tells me they had to as the vegan stuff wasn't paying the bills.

i saw right bitter old rants on their facebook over adding meat to the menu you'd swear the were forcefeeding it to the odd vegan that frequented the place. Felt sorry for them dealing with people like that

If the vegan food they served was nicer they wouldn't have had to abandon everything they had previously stood for in an attempt to save their business. The quality of the food just wasn't good, honestly. The Grove have been around for years selling tasty veggie food and the OFS seems to be off to a positive start so there is clearly a market for it.

If you run a vegetarian/vegan restaurant and are so vocal and passionate from the beginning about animal rights and the health benefits of a plant based diet just to turn around and start selling meat the customer base you've built clearly have those same beliefs and they're going to desert you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is Rios on Parnell street gone drove past and the sign outside is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

dunworth1 wrote: »
    is Rios on Parnell street gone drove past and the sign outside is gone

Sign down a while, seem to be getting work done. Still open.

Advertisement