Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Left 4 Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I'd say once the maps start stacking up this game will get better, as it stands I'm already getting a little bored of the campaigns. After a while you start to know all the possible actions of the AI editor, to the point that you are just going through the motions on each level. Plus I'd rather it if you couldn't hear the special zombies from miles away, it ruins the tension when you know exactly where they are before you can even see them.

Yeah, I now only play on versus mode. As I don't really enjoy playing the Blood Harvest campaign it is beginning to get a little repetitive. Hopefully the new maps will be available versus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

is there a certain order the missions go in. I was doin the one where you get into the sewers then hospital and onto the roof. it is great fun but It doesnt seem to have much story goin on but maybe im missing somethin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i tend to prefer the death toll campagin the boathouse ending is classic, espically when u have to make a run for the dock, ahh so many of my friends died there.

Last night i was playing with some americans who got trapped at the start of the dock when the ship arrived so i could bear to see them being eaten alive so i threw a molotov at them and let them burn to death (seemed kinder).

I boarded the boat, well the abuse from the mic made me drop my monoicle into my red wine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You good sir are a shameless coward! However, a zombie film isn't complete without a shameless coward. I've had to leave a few people behind as well. If you lag behind on my team, expect to be left behind, we can't have one person holding everyone up, it's how Darwin predicted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I take it everyone is a member of the boards.ie STEAM group ??

Would anyone be up for a regular night each week where we all hop on a server ?? :)

Also...tip for free - I only found out today - As human, if you crouch and turn off your flashlight...your outline will dissapear to the enemy :):) ...good for in houses etc...or for stakin out Hunters comin behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Should one delete the demo's local content before installing the full game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Fnz wrote: »
    Should one delete the demo's local content before installing the full game?
    I didn't and it didn't do anything.

I am wondering can I just delete the demo now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You good sir are a shameless coward! However, a zombie film isn't complete without a shameless coward. I've had to leave a few people behind as well. If you lag behind on my team, expect to be left behind, we can't have one person holding everyone up, it's how Darwin predicted it.

If I am on the safety of the boat, and some gombeen keeps killing zombies when he should be running like the ****ing wind, he deserves any (un)death that comes to him. I may fire a few unhelpful shotgun shots his way from the safety of the poop deck, but when you hear that rescue has arrived: RUN, and leave the zombies be. They were human too.

As movies have thought us, going back only leads to **** going down.

Hmmm, yeah, I should probably just delete the demo first. In case something unforeseen happens if I do it after.

If I am on the safety of the boat, and some gombeen keeps killing zombies when he should be running like the ****ing wind, he deserves any (un)death that comes to him. I may fire a few unhelpful shotgun shots his way from the safety of the poop deck, but when you hear that rescue has arrived: RUN, and leave the zombies be. They were human too.

As movies have thought us, going back only leads to **** going down.

But leaving folk (for dead) is hardly in the spirit of the......etcetera. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fnz wrote: »
    But leaving folk (for dead) is hardly in the spirit of the......etcetera. :o

I feel it is the one part of the game where your own survival needs significantly outweigh your teammates - for the rest of the campaign I am more than willing to assist a constrained comrade. It is easy enough to get to the escape vehicle, though, and that should be a main priority rather than stay behind and drag the rest of the team down with you! A proper mistake / problem might call for assistance, but pulling a Rambo at the last moment doesn't fly, man! :pac:

That said it is rather tear jerking to see the credits dedicated to your fallen allies :( True, you can just move onto another lobby, but there are a few seconds of genuine grief there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I am beginning to think the creators of Blood Harvest are actually rednecks.

Louis is ALWAYS the guy who gets left behind. Its starting to get creepy now.

It was me last night. Not only that, I heard Francis laughing as the APC drove away :(

token black guy always dies in horror films

Thats his role :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

SeantheMan wrote: »
    token black guy always dies in horror films

Thats his role :P

Except in zombie horror! (I'm thinking Dawn of the Dead films).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I know Nick Cannon gives out about being the token black guy in the new Day of the Dead, but does he die? I can't remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Racist :P

Anyone play this that actually uses their mic and doesnt get left behind, so annoying when your playing and no-one says anything and gets left behind all the time, happens nearly every game. Its a great game but so much better when everyone is communicating with a mike and working together.

Add me to Steam think the name is Atlas[IRL] or Firetrap might work. Im on the boards.ie group.

I know Nick Cannon gives out about being the token black guy in the new Day of the Dead, but does he die? I can't remember...

I'm not sure about Dawn of the Dead, but in the original Night of the Living Dead Romero cleverly had the one black character as the last survivor...
    until he gets shot by the rescuers
    . But for the most part, yes: horror directors tend to be a horrifically racist bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Jumpy wrote: »
    I am beginning to think the creators of Blood Harvest are actually rednecks.

Louis is ALWAYS the guy who gets left behind. Its starting to get creepy now.

It was me last night. Not only that, I heard Francis laughing as the APC drove away :(

I went through this campaign last night and it was Francis who got left outside blasting away, managed to save him though and bring him on board (normal difficulty).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I didn't and it didn't do anything.

Yes, they are two separate programs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Loving this game.
    My flat mate and I play on xbox live most evenings now. Nothing like some tag team smoker / hunter action :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yes, they are two separate programs

+1
    I did the same with no problems encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Racist :P

Anyone play this that actually uses their mic and doesnt get left behind, so annoying when your playing and no-one says anything and gets left behind all the time, happens nearly every game. Its a great game but so much better when everyone is communicating with a mike and working together.

Add me to Steam think the name is Atlas[IRL] or Firetrap might work. Im on the boards.ie group.

Holy **** it's you! I was in a game with you last night :D

Are there any clans / groups playing this ?

I just LOVE the teamwork involved, ...and god...drives me insane when you get a Rambo type who runs out and gets killed all the time or spat on by a Boomer !

I feel like I'm jesus sometimes with the amount of time i spend saving ppl from hunters and smokers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

YO. MOFO. IF WE ARE PLAYING EXPERT ... DONT TAKE THE GODDAMN SHOTGUN.

randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd, randomer incapacitates JuMpArOuNd and so on.

eh?

I hear that .. but ... don't play with randomers :)

We had a great game last night. Dead Air on expert and for the finale we ALL had shotguns to kill off two tanks. It did help when one of the tanks got suck :) under a plane though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Holy **** it's you! I was in a game with you last night :D

That game was ridicilously hard! Was weird as well the way the server was set up so everyone could hear each other. We need a separate forum for L4D. Hard trying to find this bloody forum. Or if someone created a steam forum with all the sub forums in it, it would be easier to find.

Dont think their is much of an Irish community for it yet Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Yeah there were some interesting server side settings activated there.. The Half Life forum serves most of Valves games at the moment. I think it would be good if the boards.ie Steam group had an official server or something, there seems to be such a facility built into L4D at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's nothing worse that healing up and being in capacitated 5 seconds later by a shotgun to the back :mad:

• Advertisement

Been shot by manay a shotgun .. but sometimes people just walk right accross you as you are firing. *Have done it many times myself.

Even shot a guy in the head when I was zoomed in on an infected with the rifle and he walked right accross me at the wrong time :D

Advertisement