Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Every Lars team is cheap. Even Lars/Dr. B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ye I think Lars is now Asuka's 2nd best partner.

1) Bruce
    2) Lars
    3) Julia/Michelle
    4) Everyone else
    5) Lings

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Gussy how can you put Feng and Lei in top 10?
    Both have very inconsistent juggles and problems making use of their stances.
    Feng does not have very good juggle damage and Lei is a poor punisher among other things.
    I do respect that both can evade well and tag in very safely and have some nice BS to help their play but I don't see why you would put either of them top tier.
    Explain you thinking man!! :mad: ;)

Also,
    I think you put Lee too low. He's very good in this game IMO.

Feng is super good, one of the hardest chars to step upclose due to his b4 keeping people in check, df1 0 on block, I think that b1 is i10 or i11, amazing for CHing, and he has gdlk lows at range 2 with db3 and qcf1, with qcf1 even going under mids and CH launching, and his juggle damage can be dealt with by having a strong damaging partner. I think his ss4 is amazing, even if its just at the wall, with how the tag system works, he can get crazy damage off a simple 50/50 by TAing his ss4 combo. And even if his juggle damage is weak by himself, his neutral damage is insane and his b1+2 shiet is amazing as a tag cancel.

Lei is up there for a similar reason to Feng, with the tag system allowing him to boost his damage off his low option on his 50/50 with db4 and his BT low sweep. His ff3 is pretty silly, again really benefits from the tag system because you can just do ff3~5 and then mix it up on block to throw off their punishes, I believe you only get a guaranteed generic d4 as a punish for all options which is pretty low and it'll tag buffer on hit no matter what you do afterwards on hit. He probably has one of the best tag cancels in the game with b3+4~B allowing him to block pretty much instantly and his solo damage is NUTS. His punishers does bring him down in fairness, maybe down 1 row but no more. The tag system just really benefits him, Feng as well.

I really don't think Lee is a good char in this game, he's amazing as an assist character with his carry and TA fillers, but as a character himself, he's pretty bad, his lows aren't amazing for breaking turtles down, he has solid keepout but when the opponent has the lifelead, what is he gonna do? db3 and db3+4 are pretty slow for non-crush lows. B4 is sick but if you go up to Lee and block it, you can easily force your own momentum. He relies too much on CHing the opponent rather than actually opening the opponent up with standard mid/low mixups. Also his whiff punishers are reallllllly bad (slightly resolved with Violet's cossacks but still lacks a ranged fast whiff punisher)

Ofc, just my opinion :P

I might actually swap Jin with Leo

• Advertisement

My stances on Feng and Lei are the same as Gus. I would also consider Feng to be probably the best character for tagging out mid-combo with f+3,4 (works on launch, pre-bound with some chars like Drag and Wang and post bound) and f+4 (doing right after launch works with Leo, Lars and Bruce, to essentially give him a tag bufferable hopkick).

Actually, on that note I will do a top 5 best partners for Feng:

1. Leo
    2. Bruce
    3. Dragunov
    4. Wang
    5. Lee

I think Lee is strong in this cause of running 3,4. Yes, his poking game is somewhat hurt by the tag system, but raw-tagging against him is really dangerous because of that move, it can punish raw tag at almost any range. Also safe on block. Not to mention he has Violet as a partner. Having clones give you less to think about, it's a big reason why Fighting GM does so well at tournaments.

You can say you have to work less with clone teams but you could also argue that it's harder to win with because if you're downloaded with one, that's the whole team done.

And yeah, Feng's f3,4~5 as a bound ender is amazing for certain characters, like Hwo coming in with ff3 or Anna coming in with qcf to track then FC mixup, etc. that face down feet toward positioning is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Not going to be able to make it next Saturday lads, Leinster semi final is after being re scheduled for next Saturday too. I'll try make it to the next event as long as Hurling dosent get in the way.

I play vs Angelo at 1:05:10 and vs Kalak at 1:36:30

Need to practice some more xD

Mastercup starting now

http://www.twitch.tv/tekken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Think it's safe to say that the "Weird Sounds" of the Tekken community shall be able to make the Open Air this Sat. :pac: I look forward to getting my ass kicked.

Good games to everyone; especially to Usurper; The Witch & Bob. Haven't gotten that excited since I was a little girl..... Wait, what?

BUT IT WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN MAZ!! >:[ lol!

Great games guys. Was really great getting everyone together and having so many ppl playing.
    Special shout out to the Cork lads for making the trek up, was great to meet ya's, shame I couldn't get in more games with ye.

Also,
    Bob,

your a d!*k.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

BUT IT WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN MAZ!! >:[ lol!

Great games guys. Was really great getting everyone together and having so many ppl playing.
    Special shout out to the Cork lads for making the trek up, was great to meet ya's, shame I couldn't get in more games with ye.

Also,
    Bob,

your a d!*k.

Easy on me I haven played Tekken like in ages

trecs wrote: »
    Easy on me I haven played Tekken like in ages
    Still a d!<k bob,
    still a d!<k :mad: :p

You should come play more now then :)
    If ya can find the time ofc.
    I won't be able to head in for a while myself, prob. not till December I'd say, but it really was great playing with everyone.
    Hopefully we can get something going again soon :)

Dominicon is on this wkend in Maynooth if peeps are able to make it out?

I'm considering going for the Dominicon tourney. Will have an answer soon enough.

Finally got access to a laptop, thanks everyone for coming out, sorry we didn't get as many casuals going as originally planned :(

GGs to everyone I've played

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Still a d!<k bob,
    still a d!<k :mad: :p

You should come play more now then :)
    If ya can find the time ofc.
    I won't be able to head in for a while myself, prob. not till December I'd say, but it really was great playing with everyone.
    Hopefully we can get something going again soon :)

Dominicon is on this wkend in Maynooth if peeps are able to make it out?

blame the one who matched us up - tis not my decision to fight you all the time!
    :D - nah i've too much in my plate right now - i'll probably pop once in a blue moon in the tekken scene - but was nice playing (again and again and again) with you :P

PS: it's all in the head!!!!

@Bob, I have your 3rd place prize, 10 euros and a 5 euro voucher for player1.ie, I'll give it to ya when I meet you next :D

MazManZero wrote: »
    I'm considering going for the Dominicon tourney. Will have an answer soon enough.
    Good to hear Maz. :)
    Hear's hoping ya can.
    I look forward to more of our ridiculously-close, stupidly-tense, undeniably-stress-inducing-life-expectancy-shortening-games!! :D:eek:
    :thumbsup:

Btw,
    If anyone needs any help/directions getting to the gig don't hesitate to give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Fergus_ wrote: »
    @Bob, I have your 3rd place prize, 10 euros and a 5 euro voucher for player1.ie, I'll give it to ya when I meet you next :D

bob came third? Congrats Bob, you still got it ;)

What were the results anyway? Any stand out matches?

1st - Fergus
    2nd - Kuro
    3rd - Bob
    4th - Maz
    5th - Usurper/x (no full brackets on hand unfortunately)

I do believe Witch is the "x" Fergus. I beat Witch then lost to Bob afterwards.

I think 7th went to Zeki Sanders and that Dave guy who played Hwoarang/Forest.

I think I got 9th along with Cardboard Fox. I dunno who the other 2 could have been.

I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make Dominicon this wkend. Really sucks.
    Wish ya's all the best of luck in your matches and hope ya's enjoy the event.

I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make Dominicon this wkend. Really sucks.
    Wish ya's all the best of luck in your matches and hope ya's enjoy the event.

DO NOT WANNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Yeah I can't make it either sorry lads, gotta save up for slugfest next weekend.

Ahh Fergoose. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Ahh... sorry guys I'm going to be busy in a dessert then :p Good luck though, it'll be easy without me there though.

• Advertisement

GOD DAMMIT SKEERING! D:<

Advertisement