Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

What chances do you lot think McGregor has of winning the title? December 2014 is too close imo but another 2/3 strong performances against ranked opposition and he surely would be in with a shout of a title shot.

3/1 to win any UFC belt at any stage in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What chances do you lot think McGregor has of winning the title? December 2014 is too close imo but another 2/3 strong performances against ranked opposition and he surely would be in with a shout of a title shot.

3/1 to win any UFC belt at any stage in his career.

Seriously bad odds. He'd be bigger odds than that in a fight v Aldo alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Seriously bad odds. He'd be bigger odds than that in a fight v Aldo alone

Thought it was fairly short as well.

That's true but he could lose a title fight and the bet could still win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Next Thursday 9.30pm. Reality bites. Documentary on Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Thanks! Hope you guys like it

I posted the trailer on the last page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

1780712_10202733281707438_1557897774_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Paddy power have match betting for mc Gregor v cole miller. Has it even been announced yet officially?

Nappy wrote: »
    Paddy power have match betting for mc Gregor v cole miller. Has it even been announced yet officially?

No put they do that lot. I can't remember the amount of times i've seen odds on Mayweather v Pacquiao

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Anyone know where I can get me one a those amazing Ali liston 3D pics??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

paulieeye wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get me one a those amazing Ali liston 3D pics??

The garden center apparently.

• Advertisement

Dancor wrote: »
    The garden center apparently.

Of all places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

does anyone know when conors next fight is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

zweton wrote: »

90% certain it'll be the Dublin card in July

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

zweton wrote: »

If I was a betting man, id say July in Dublin.

We will be putting up some outtakes of the documentary on the site

Here is the first one, interview with Joe Rogan about Conor

http://severemma.com/2014/03/exclusive-video-interview-with-joe-rogan-about-conor-mcgregor/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Say what you want about Rogan being bias and towing the company line against the tide of the fight while colour commentating, but damn can that man wax lyrical about MMA! Great little interview Severemma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I think Cat Zingano has her eye on that interviewer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

To eat him.

Another outtake from the documentary up on the Severe.

Video interview with UFC matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby

http://severemma.com/2014/03/exclusive-video-interview-with-ufc-matchmakers-joe-silva-and-sean-shelby-notorious-outtake/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Another outtake from the documentary up on the Severe.

Video interview with UFC matchmakers Joe Silva and Sean Shelby

http://severemma.com/2014/03/exclusive-video-interview-with-ufc-matchmakers-joe-silva-and-sean-shelby-notorious-outtake/

Rhonda video bombing in the background haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone going to off the ball tomorrow in mercantile with Conor there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor confirmed to be in the new UFC game, just in case any of ye are interested but wouldn't be looking at the game thread.

CMeahKd.png

VQ6u1qP.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25 smiley2742

don't think clay will be to happy bout that ad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

smiley2742 wrote: »

Or conor getting kicked in the face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

smiley2742 wrote: »

It was too hard for developers to have him running away around all the time so he was happy to settle for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

Cannot believe i did not come across this article earlier but seems to indicate that Aldo puts McGregor in the top five.

Dont know whether to believe Aldo said that or not, he seems to be giving Conor a lot more credit than the rest of the division !!!

http://www.insidemma.com.au/news/571-jose-aldo-i-should-face-chad-mendes-next

Jose Aldo: I should face Chad Mendes next
    aldo3.jpg
    Jose Aldo is keen on a rematch with Chad Mendes after conceding that a superfight with UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is perhaps not an option for the near future.
    With Pettis announced to coach against Gilbert Melendez on an upcoming edition of The Ultimate Fighter, current UFC featherweight champ Aldo was left without an obvious choice for the next challenger to his belt.
    Speaking with fans during a Q&A in Natal, Brazil, Aldo shared his thoughts on who he thought should get the next shot.
    “I’m focused again on my division and I think I should face Chad Mendes. He’s a guy I’ve already fought, but I must respect him, stay humble and keep my feet on the ground. I will train hard to win one more time,” said Aldo.
    “Chad Mendes is first in line… Cub Swanson, who is a guy I already beat, is second, and he’s evolving a lot. There’s also Jeremy Stephens, who is very good. There’s an Irishman [Conor McGregor] who has also been talking a lot and could be a good fight. And also, there’s Dustin Poirier. I think those are the top five at the moment.”
    Aldo emphatically knocked out Mendes in their first fight with a brutal knee. He famously celebrated by running into the overjoyed Brazilian crowd after the fight was stopped.
    Keep up-to-date with the latest MMA news by connecting with us on Twitter and Facebook.

Conor certainly has made a big impact in the UFC and there seems to be a huge amount of jealousy invloved in the call outs he is getting.

Amazing that Conor is such a big scalp already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,602 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    Amazing that Conor is such a big scalp already!

It's a year since his debut. He's been called out by at least 5 or 6 flyweights. Maybe more that I'm not aware of. Nobody else in the division, besides maybe Aldo, has made that sort of impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just watching Fight Night Abu Dhabi. Spoiler Alert:
    Clay Guida called out Conor after his fight. Think he called him a "cave man with a mullet" or some such. :pac: Not sure why he'd want Conor given he's still in contention for a title shot.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just watching Fight Night Abu Dhabi. Spoiler Alert:
    Clay Guida called out Conor after his fight. Think he called him a "cave man with a mullet" or some such. :pac: Not sure why he'd want Conor given he's still in contention for a title shot.

Believe it or not but now I'm starting to think fighters think if they put Conor away it will move them way up the ladder compared to other fights.Maybe they see Conor as a easy road to a title shot.Although
    Clay
    did say he wanted Conor to have a fight or two more before fighting some one with experience.

It it amazing how Conor is such a big name after 2 fights in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I guess they're trying to stop the hype train dead in it's tracks. By calling out Conor, it'll get a good bit of exposure and could earn them a potentially bigger pay day.

It is remarkable how well he's managed to stay relevant despite being injured. Could be viewed as arrogance maybe but I'm enjoying his self promotion and he's doing it very well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Conner gets a shout out from UFC president Dana White in ESPN First Take

Skip to 5.30 into the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,602 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Conor & Cole are going to be on the MMA Hour(s) in around half and hour, should be a bit of craic

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/5/5677580/the-mma-hour-with-jerry-ferrara-muhammed-lawal-cole-miller-mauro

Doubs wrote: »
    Conor & Cole are going to be on the MMA Hour(s) in around half and hour, should be a bit of craic

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/5/5677580/the-mma-hour-with-jerry-ferrara-muhammed-lawal-cole-miller-mauro

"Man, after I get that performance of the night bonus," Miller vowed in closing. "I'm going to make sure I buy his mom a caravan, periwinkle blue."

Miller got owned, but that last line was funny :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

"Man, after I get that performance of the night bonus," Miller vowed in closing. "I'm going to make sure I buy his mom a caravan, periwinkle blue."

Miller got owned, but that last line was funny :D

It was funny, but it wasn't his... there's a thread over on the MMA Underground where people are (jokingly) giving advice to Cole re things he could say to hype the fight, that was one of them :)

I was kinda sick of Connor's shtick until I heard him say "If he dies, he dies".

Now i'm right back on his side ha!

When the door rings and the bell opens, this is gona be a quick fight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

When the door rings and the bell opens, this is gona be a quick fight!
    Another quality quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I was kinda sick of Connor's shtick until I heard him say "If he dies, he dies".

Now i'm right back on his side ha!

Was that the 1st time he said it or the 10th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

gotta love CmG, but he just sounds like a incoherent drunk when he get on a rant, its embarrassing for him.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Was that the 1st time he said it or the 10th?

First. It's one of my favourite movie quotes!

He DID just say the same stuff over and over though. Needs some lessons from Sonnen!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BazPM

Not to have a go but I've been spotting him on the piss a good bit. Around South William street and then in Sin the other night. I really hope he's in the right mind frame for July

BazPM wrote: »
    Not to have a go but I've been spotting him on the piss a good bit. Around South William street and then in Sin the other night. I really hope he's in the right mind frame for July

My mate, who frequents the same spots as Connor, sees him all the time! He's forever in Sin apparently.

Does he drink? My mate tells me he sees him with drinks all the time but surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I saw him out before his fight with Max Holloway was announced and im pretty sure he was drinking. Although this was when he was meant to be fighting the english guy, funnily enough nothing had been anounced about a Boston card and he told me he was going to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Sounded like he had a few in him during The MMA Hour to be honest. Cringeworthy stuff from him at times!

I was looking Conor up on the internet the last day and tbh there are some good quotes he has said but that interview he came across as a completely different person,

I don't know has fame gotten to Conor he is probably the fastest growing personality in the UFC at the moment.I not from Dublin is "Smuck" and "Rookie" Dublin terms of speech.Its not in Cork anyway.

Someone else said he sounded drunk I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Stuxnet wrote: »
    gotta love CmG, but he just sounds like a incoherent drunk when he get on a rant, its embarrassing for him.

Usually find him very entertaining and he usually has a bit of charm along with all the bluster but just found him irritating on the MMA Hour interview. Not his greatest moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

I agree, check out his interviews after beating Brimmage/Halloway. Loved those interviews, a million miles away from the bull**** last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

He has still a lot of growing up to do, I do like him tho,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement