Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clocked car

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Guys need some advice bought a clocked car not knowing it was clocked. When I discovered thst it had been clocked when.back to the garbage with it. They offered me a refund or replacement car the same as my own. So of course I took the offer of the replacement car thinking I was doing right thing. My problem.is that I am now waiting seven weeks for this so called replacement car he claimed he had it in England and that the transport company let him and other reasons. I told him I was feed up waiting for this.car and that I wanted my money back. Basically he said he had not got it. Went to the guards they said it's a civil matter nothing to do with them. 1 can I name and shame them on boards and two what should I.do now about this dealer as I don't believe he has a car for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You will have a fight on your hands Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

I'd contact my solicitor if I was you. Its unlikely he has even looked for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

swanie29 wrote: »
    They offered me a refund or replacement car the same as my own. So of course I took the offer of the replacement car thinking I was doing right thing.
    You should have grabbed that money with both hands. Take a case with the Small Claims Court straight away - it only costs €20, and it'll probably never get as far as court. Before you even start looking for another car read Limerick Man's sticky - A Guide on Buying Used Cars in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭swanie29

can i name and shame the garage on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anan1 wrote: »
    You should have grabbed that money with both hands.

This. go and tell him you want a refund. Do it today.

• Advertisement

also the car was from england and the garage claimed he did hpi check and there was no problem either way how long am i looking at to get this matter resloved do you think weeks,months or even years

smash wrote: »
    This. go and tell him you want a refund. Do it today.

I asked him for my money back and he said i have not got it to give back. I ring you during the week when the car comes in.

can i name and shame the garage on boards
    Forget about tit for tat. You need to:

1. concentrate on getting your money back.

and

2. learn how not to buy a clocked car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Tell him you want the most expensive car in his yard :D

smash wrote: »
    Tell him you want the most expensive car in his yard :D
    I know what i be told
    Not a chance he tell me and f off

• Advertisement

Forget about tit for tat. You need to:

1. concentrate on getting your money back.

and

2. learn how not to buy a clocked car.

I trying to get my money back thats the problem he not giving it back

I trying to get my money back thats the problem he not giving it back
    Take a case with the Small Claims Court. You can even do it online, here: http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/pagecurrent/C9A6DFDC008962218025721B00553F3B?opendocument&l=en

Do it now, and his attitude may change when he gets notification of it. Don't under any circumstances take any other car from him.

Small claims court only deals with up to 2000 euro I thought.

mickdw wrote: »
    I think you're right. I assume this is the car, bought at the end of last year: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78848244

Looking at the big picture now, I think i'd be advising the OP to learn from their mistakes and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Ahh someone else who does a Motorcheck the wrong way around :p

I think you're right. I assume this is the car, bought at the end of last year: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78848244

Looking at the big picture now, I think i'd be advising the OP to learn from their mistakes and move on.
    it was a went to garage and told him all this and he offered to fix the clock by putting a new clock in the car. I told him no cause how will i know what the trrue milage on the car is as i already dont have a clue. He asked what would make things right and told him to make me an offer. He offered a replacement i told him ok on conditons of six month warranty, six months tax, full service history and nct to be paid by them. He agreed and said give him a week. I said tell ya what i give you two weeks now its seven weeks later and still no replacment car. Hence why i want my money back.

Haha a new clock, that's priceless :)

so where can i name and shame this garage no one has answered this question yet

mickdw wrote: »

I would agree.

I wouldn't until it has been resolved legally as it may affect your case, shame is on both parties tbh as in fairness he offerred you a new clock(possibly with a cuckoo in it) :p

• Advertisement

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    I wouldn't until it has been resolved legally as it may affect your case, shame is on both parties tbh as in fairness he offerred you a new clock(possibly with a cuckoo in it) :p
    reckon the way this is going there is prob a cuckoo there

so what you guys reckon is going legal my only way out of this and what is the car breaks down in the mean time

such enough i must have some rights to cover myself

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

so where can i name and shame this garage no one has answered this question yet

You can't.As per your previous thread you don't have any concrete proof.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ahh someone else who does a Motorcheck the wrong way around :p

It's actually quite sad to see another clocked car story, and the mess it leaves once the problem is discovered.

However there's really no excuse for not checking out a car fully, including it's history, before purchase.

Tge ford garage in England told the mileage tge car was last serviced at

The dealer showed me tge car check and seemed fine

Sure the fact that a ford garage who last serviced at 144km counts and me buying at 128km should that not enough proof

Also the fact tge garage offered to put new clocks in and offered me a replacement should be considered taking responabitiy for the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Haha a new clock, that's priceless :)

A very generous offer to un-clock it. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement