Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

It probably should be the responsibility of a mod to organise all of this.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,515 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

el tonto wrote: »
    Orders are done periodically. Basically someone volunteers to do an order, puts a thread up and then sends off an order when enough people put themselves down for it to make it worthwhile.
    Here's the thread for the last order
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055595538&highlight=boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ROK ON wrote: »
    It probably should be the responsibility of a mod to organise all of this.

Agreed. With great power, comes great responsibility. So he should be responsible for the next order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

seamus wrote:
    I don't have a problem with directions in general, just that one
    North / South Quays gets me for the same reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Sunday last at 3.15pm near Balinastoe Wood. You were heading south. I gave my usual "Hi Boardsie" greeting. Last Gasp? Just saw your puncture report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

jimm wrote: »
    Sunday last at 3.15pm near Balinastoe Wood. You were heading south. I gave my usual "Hi Boardsie" greeting. Last Gasp? Just saw your puncture report.
    That could have been me too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Spotted at last ! Yes, that wuz me all right, just picked up on the "Boardsie" as we passed and gave a "Hows it goin" or something to that effect at your back !

Someone heading up Howth about 2 hours ago or so. I was descending and you were just passing a bloke in a yellow jacket. Shouted, but dunno if you heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Raam wrote: »
    Someone heading up Howth about 2 hours ago or so. I was descending and you were just passing a bloke in a yellow jacket. Shouted, but dunno if you heard.
    'twas myself. Just about heard you shout 'boardsie', but unfortunately you were a bit too far past me to respond. I was hoping to get you next lap around, but didn't spot you.

Blowfish wrote: »
    I was hoping to get you next lap around, but didn't spot you.

I was done so headed straight home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Blowfish wrote: »
    'twas myself. Just about heard you shout 'boardsie', but unfortunately you were a bit too far past me to respond. I was hoping to get you next lap around, but didn't spot you.

"...next lap round..." show offs the pair of you!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

Spotted a boardsie on n11 northbound at foxrock a couple of weeks ago during the morning, looks savage, will there be another batch ordered? will definately put my name in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Saxobank wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie on n11 northbound at foxrock a couple of weeks ago during the morning, looks savage, will there be another batch ordered? will definately put my name in:)

After hearing all about the different sightings, I'm sure to put my name in for a shirt or two as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Possibly me (although morning, maybe not), I have yet to see another jersey out by these parts, they all seem to live in a big commune in D15.

Orders pretty much go like this: people state interest, one person volunteers to organise (ask LastGasp, ScottReynolds, TinyExplosions what is involved).

To quote batman begins: "They have to be large orders to avoid suspicion". I would say that if you want one, start a new thread and see how many people bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

That would probably be me or Dirk yes. I commute daily from n11, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Possibly me (although morning, maybe not), I have yet to see another jersey out by these parts, they all seem to live in a big commune in D15.

D15 probably has a higher population than the entire southside. You can fit many more people in when you don't have to make space for moats, stables, follies and private golf courses. ;)

AstraMonti wrote: »

Damn, forgot about Astra. Amazingly I have only passed you once on the road, must be that "morning" thing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Saxobank

I cycle the N11 regularly, not the best cycle though (not too familiar with the best routes around south co.dublin). Ive been scouting for a boardsie since but having no luck! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

@ around 12:30 today, going into Dalkey, black tights, Sorrento club shorts and Boards.ie jersey. on a hybrid/mountain bike. - I couldn't believe nothing was matching :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

That was me.
    Back carrier and rack bag!

Scandalous. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Commute from Stillorgan to Leeson St. daily also, but rarely in Boards stuff. Only have the one boards jersey anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

What was the craic with the clatter of Boards dudes around the Bray area this arvo ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    What was the craic with the clatter of Boards dudes around the Bray area this arvo ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055774887&page=28#410

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

bringing this back to life, lunchtime sighting of blorg()? in boards jersey, aero postion on a bowery, yo-yo'd a couple of times from stepaside toward industrial estate, on way back from Wicklow?

copacetic wrote: »
    bringing this back to life, lunchtime sighting of blorg()? in boards jersey, aero postion on a bowery, yo-yo'd a couple of times from stepaside toward industrial estate, on way back from Wicklow?
    That would have been me all right. I work in Sandyford; often cycle out to Enniskerry and back on my lunch break. Do a loop around by Johnny Foxes when I have gears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

blorg wrote: »
    often cycle out to Enniskerry and back on my lunch break. .

How long is your lunch? Lucky divil!:)

velo.2010 wrote: »
    How long is your lunch? Lucky divil!:)
    Standard hour, the ride is 21km and takes around 45 mins with stopping at lights, average around 30km/h moving speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Thats a handy lunchtime set-up.

BTW have you any 10 speed shifters(Shim) lying around. Cheeky to ask I know.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Thats a handy lunchtime set-up.

BTW have you any 10 speed shifters(Shim) lying around. Cheeky to ask I know.
    Unfortunately, no :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

blorg wrote: »
    Standard hour, the ride is 21km and takes around 45 mins with stopping at lights, average around 30km/h moving speed.

so you *sit at the desk* in your bike gear then? else you need 5-10min to get changed twice and a shower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So, what we know about Blorg so far is that he doesn't sleep, he clearly doesn't eat (his lunch anyway), his skin is constructed of some kind of lycra/neoprene blend which means he never has to change into or out of clothes, and the only time he's *not* cycling is when he's in work. And even then he's probably on a turbo trainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I'm now overweight, don't ride much and can't climb for sh!te anymore and couldn't TT to save my life now. Can I get a boards jersey now? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

me@ucd wrote: »
    else you need 5-10min to get changed twice and a shower!

Ever heard of a shower in a can ;)

Lynx%20NP%20Unlimited_2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

tunney wrote: »
    I'm now overweight, don't ride much and can't climb for sh!te anymore and couldn't TT to save my life now. Can I get a boards jersey now? :)

Say it ain't so :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

You have to start waving first. Then we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Having seen Tunney recently I should say that his idea of over weight may not be the cycling forums idea of overweight.

What size would you like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i would like to get a size 5 thats what i am in the long sleeve anyway

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,515 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    What size would you like?
    Volunteering to do the next order

Thanks Raam:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

You might want to get a compact chainset so:p

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Volunteering to do the next order

Thanks Raam:D

You'll be waiting a looooooooooooooooong time.

Vélo wrote: »
    Or a triple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Vélo wrote: »

I said I was overweight, slow and untrained. I never mentioned losing a leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Tunney. Welcome to my world fatman.
    Just to get you into the groove, they do. A lovely slice of cake in the hippy cafe in Laragh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Spotted a suspected Blorg on Leason Street this morning dodging busses in the contraflow lane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

My first Boards jersey of 2010 spotted this morning on the Alfie Byrne Road Bike Path heading towards Clontarf...

Is it wrong that I noticed the very nice and shiny blue Planet X bike before the jersey :D

Wasn't jealous at all...was tempted to abandon the walk to/and work for a day out on my bike :o

That was Dirk, I passed him at that location this morning also :)

My first Boards jersey of 2010 spotted this morning on the Alfie Byrne Road Bike Path heading towards Clontarf...

Is it wrong that I noticed the very nice and shiny blue Planet X bike before the jersey :D

Wasn't jealous at all...was tempted to abandon the walk to/and work for a day out on my bike :o

That was me! Yes, it is nice and shiny for now, I don't expect that to last.

EDIT: @Raam: You passed me going the other way, don't try and take that as a win. Was that a Contador pistol salute you gave me? Probably better than the girly wave I gave you in return. And I wasn't wheel sucking, he was my lead out train.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    EDIT: @Raam: You passed me going the other way, don't try and take that as a win. Was that a Contador pistol salute you gave me? Probably better than the girly wave I gave you in return. And I wasn't wheel sucking, he was my lead out train.

Yeah I totally finger-banged you. Gave it a double barrel though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You were fingerbanging Dirk??? With two fingers??? Oooh err.

Advertisement