Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed.... sky go related

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

You say in point 3 that my phone is not mine since i'm on bill, correct, now should that prevent me from installing a custom rom? Since I am not the owner I should conform to whatever rules the provider set out? Ha ha!!!! Doubt it, what a boring world we would live in.....

It doesnt prevent you from rooting/flashing. in fact under an EU directive it doesnt even void your warranty.

my point was in regard to sim locking, which you also thought was bad form, and is put in place to ensure the networks get back some revenue from you. rooting/flashing at its core doesnt cost your provider any revenue, unless you're using that route to unlock your phone.

so fire away, i'm running a custom rom of vanilla 4.2.1 and i love it.

I'm done on this subject, you seem hard done by the fact that there are t&c's in place by sky to use their app and you dont like it simply cos it doesnt suit you. They have the right to do it, and you have the right to complain about it. but once again, its not "bad form" on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Vaguely remember someone on XDA stating they ripped open the apk and saw that hdmi output was blocked, not sure if you could hack that feature back into the apk/app but any talk of that here I'm sure will be largely frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Their just trying to be annoying. Its so stupid that I can't use KT because my S3 is rooted. Some one up there controlling that part has always been a dick.

Little small companies release apps on multiple platforms. Why can't a massive media company do it...

Try using the "temp unroot" option from the super user app. This works on my Desire HD using a custom rom (CodefireX 4.0.4)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

MacGyver wrote: »
    Try using the "temp unroot" option from the super user app. This works on my Desire HD using a custom rom (CodefireX 4.0.4)

Tried that a while back, didn't work on my S3 nor the Nexus 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Tried that a while back, didn't work on my S3
    or my S2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Dude just stop complaining. You just don't want to pay for a multi room subscription and that's it. I don't think the problem in regards to that matter is with Sky Go.

The only problems I can see with Sky Go is that they wont let you use it with a rooted phone, and they wont allow the app to run on non approved hardware.

Nope, had multi room, cancelled it... was of no use to me. I suggest re-reading what the actual point I was making was... dude.

It doesnt prevent you from rooting/flashing. in fact under an EU directive it doesnt even void your warranty.

my point was in regard to sim locking, which you also thought was bad form, and is put in place to ensure the networks get back some revenue from you. rooting/flashing at its core doesnt cost your provider any revenue, unless you're using that route to unlock your phone.

so fire away, i'm running a custom rom of vanilla 4.2.1 and i love it.

I'm done on this subject, you seem hard done by the fact that there are t&c's in place by sky to use their app and you dont like it simply cos it doesnt suit you. They have the right to do it, and you have the right to complain about it. but once again, its not "bad form" on their part.

So of someone gets sky go working on a rooted phone & finds a way to get the hdmi to tv working then you wont use it?

So of someone gets sky go working on a rooted phone & finds a way to get the hdmi to tv working then you wont use it?

Or even easier!!!!

If sky go was hacked to work on rooted phones would you honestly say you wouldn't use it or would you stick to your point of 'Sky say its wrong, so no'

3. I think its just an Irish thing (yes I'm Irish) to just sit back and say 'ah sure' to any **** that is thrown at us, we have a good moan about things and get on with it. Thank christ not everyone adopts this (your) attitude towards these things. We'd have no jailbreaks, roms, torrents etc!!! We would simply get our company spec products out of the box and conform accordingly to whatever **** protocols they set out for us!!!!!
    If locked phones didn't exist then you'd be constantly paying €600+ for new smartphones. No network wants to heavily subsidise a handset, only for it to be used on another network. On billpay you're effectively paying off the subsidy over 18-24 months.

If you want an unlocked handset, buy it SIM free at the full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Or even easier!!!!

If sky go was hacked to work on rooted phones would you honestly say you wouldn't use it or would you stick to your point of 'Sky say its wrong, so no'

You're missing my point. Hack away all you want. I never said that sky say its wrong. Sky just don't allow you to do it, and you feel hard done by that. I, however, don't.

I have no need to output sky go from my phone so to answer your question: no I probably wouldn't use it. But that's because I've no need to not because I'm doing what sky tell me to do.

I'll repeat what I said before because you seem to be missing it: I didn't say I agreed with what sky do regarding the app, but they have every right to do it.

Also you said that you cancelled multi room as it was of no use to you, yet earlier you sad you wanted sky in two rooms..... That seems like a use to me....

I think you just want multi room for free...

• Advertisement

You're missing my point. Hack away all you want. I never said that sky say its wrong. Sky just don't allow you to do it, and you feel hard done by that. I, however, don't.

I have no need to output sky go from my phone so to answer your question: no I probably wouldn't use it. But that's because I've no need to not because I'm doing what sky tell me to do.

I'll repeat what I said before because you seem to be missing it: I didn't say I agreed with what sky do regarding the app, but they have every right to do it.

Also you said that you cancelled multi room as it was of no use to you, yet earlier you sad you wanted sky in two rooms..... That seems like a use to me....

I think you just want multi room for free...

You say I miss your point yet I've never said sky were outside their rights to do this? That is the point your making but I never argued that point? I think maybe its your missing what I'm saying...

Also I asked you if you would use sky go FULL STOP if they cracked it, not what I was planning to do...

And just to repeat and be clear (again) I do not want multi room!!!!! Even for free!!!!

Your getring away from the main point here, which is where we differ, the core matter of the issue is not weather sky CAN do this rather SHOULD they do this.

Ah look we can post and post on this all day long, at the end of it we just have different views on this & neither of us are going to change that viewpoint anytime soon, rendering this pointless!!! We have made our points

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Must be a connection problem on your side.

No it's not. Friends phone displays it perfectly on the same connection. I imagine Sky made a balls of the app for some devices

Advertisement