Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Conamara 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

Great day made even batter by the weather, the medal was a great touch and its lovely. Atmosphere wass great people were in great form and everyone seemed to have a great time. Couldn't find fault with anything.
    Would love it if they had an option to do the other celtic events.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mayo self-build

Great day out. Thoroughly enjoyed it, apart from the Carna to Maam leg which was tough going with the wind. Good atmosphere especially at start and end, and plenty of grub at the stops. Stunning scenery and lots of Connemara ponies everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The Gram

Great day out. Thoroughly enjoyed it, apart from the Carna to Maam leg which was tough going with the wind. Good atmosphere especially at start and end, and plenty of grub at the stops. Stunning scenery and lots of Connemara ponies everywhere!

And goats...don't forget the goats!

Did the 80k today and shortly after the food stop at the turn into the wind got to shout something I don't think I'll ever repeat on a bike. "Watch the goats on the left"

Great day out. Wind made it challenging but not impossible. Hope to be back for the 140 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Great day out, stunning scenery and great setup, well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Nailed the 140k, but that headwind was chronic. A good dose of HTFU served up to us.
    Very well organised, lots of grub, will be back next year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Really enjoyed this today. Well organised and thankfully the rain held off. One small quibble - some non meat sandwiches woulda been nice. Plain old cheese or anything at all.

Overall lots of fun and I'll be back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Really enjoyed this today. Well organised and thankfully the rain held off. One small quibble - some non meat sandwiches woulda been nice. Plain old cheese or anything at all.

Overall lots of fun and I'll be back next year

The only sandwiches left in Cashel were cheese ones =(
    Very little food left, they should definitely review this next year (no cakes, no bananas)
    Can't complain, must thanks the paramedics and sweeper van guy again they saved me today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JMLB94

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Very little food left, they should definitely review this next year (no cakes, no bananas)
    Can't complain, must thanks the paramedics and sweeper van guy again they saved me today!!!

Talking to the guys that provided the food and they said they had ham, cheese, turkey and even gluten free, which was a nice touch! They said they made over 2200 sambos and 1200 cakes/buns! There were also bananas at all the stops. Shame you missed out 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Hani Kosti wrote: »

I'm a mayonnaise-hating vegetarian. I had no expectation that I was getting a sandwich. When I saw the cheese and butter sandwiches, I LOST MY FECKIN MIND!!!!!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Great day out. First big event, and I loved it*

* The love does not extend to that nightmare wind between the food and refuel stops

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭slowcyclist

Just back in the big smoke after a lovely weekend in Clifden.

What a difference a year makes - last year was so wet and miserable, this year the sun shone, and apart from the horrible wind, the beautiful and rugged countryside looked it's best. Feedback from last year appeared to be acted on - much better organisation at the first food stop, and plenty of grub. Excellent marshalling, and well organised in general. Cut 15 mins from my 2013 time, finishing the 140km in 5 hours 30 mins, despite the wind - thanks to a number of groups that helped tow me up the windy drags. Will definitely be back in 2015. Loved the medal at the end - very nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in organising and running the event on Saturday. I had a really enjoyable day and thought the marshalling and food were great. On a dry day, it's hard to think of a more scenic course in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Did the 140 on Saturday and found it very enjoyable. That stretch around Maam Cross sure is a b1tch in a north wind. Next year I might consider training for it.

I thought the food stops were adequate but some more cake and better choice of sambos would be no harm. I did it two years ago in the sunshine and we had apple tart on plates. Now that was nice.

Advertisement