Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Harris BRM-S?

Options
  • 22-07-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, anyone see a Harris BRM-S in a dealer here or on a site which ships here. That's the 6" to 9" Harris bipod with notched legs and swivel feature.

They're on eBay alright but would rather support local if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

Give Irish shooting sports a ribg they usually have a full range of Harris bipods but not necessarily showing on their website

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Does it have to be Harris.

Was looking for the same recently and ended up buying the Deben version as the dealer did not have the Harris one. It's just as good, but over €50 cheaper. Notched legs, swivel with quick release handle, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Being honest Cass I'd have to handle it to decide. I have no first hand experience with the Deben ones. I have read many people state that they are the same so I wouldn't rule them out.

I do have a pod lock which I was using on a previous Harris bipod (smooth leg) so would like to use that again. Not sure if that rules out the Deben ones

Does someone here stock the Deben versions?

Vegeta wrote: »
    I do have a pod lock which I was using on a previous Harris bipod (smooth leg) so would like to use that again. Not sure if that rules out the Deben ones
    Sorry, that is my bad.
    Cass wrote: »
    ......... swivel with quick release handle, etc.

Wrong term used. It has the pod lock. On Deben's website they are listed at €94 so not a huge saving on Harris which normally run around €120 or so for the same model. However when i was in Stakelums Sean was selling them, and still is i believe, for €75.

This is the same lad selling Wildhunter Predator 800 torches for €40 cheaper than the Wildhunter shop so i don't think it's a sale otherwise it's the longest sale in history.

I only mention it as the Deben are more likely to be in stock as dealers can have more of them in stock for the same price as the Harris. I still have two Harris bipods, but now have two Deben ones also and frankly only for they are attached tot my guns i wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them in both look and quality.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

If you want a Harris get a Harris, the deben are cheaper but they are not as well made. You won't have regrets with a Harris.

Podlocks you can get easy enough on the Internet. You can get them here in Ireland if you are prepared to spend the time and money looking for one, but life is to short for that. I bought mine off of Daniel Valmont of Valmont firearms, they will not fit a deben bipod.

• Advertisement

....... the deben are cheaper but they are not as well made.
    Harris had the market "cornered" for years and in the last 3-5 years Deben, as well as other makes, have come along in their own right.

Without doing a series of tests on materials, metallurgy, comparative tests side by side, etc, etc. No one can say for sure which is the superior bipod and if one does come out on top by how much.

Harris is always the first choice because of reputation but over time things always change. It's how new brands develop.

However if in doubt go for the Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Cass wrote: »
    Harris had the market "cornered" for years and in the last 3-5 years Deben, as well as other makes, have come along in their own right.

Without doing a series of tests on materials, metallurgy, comparative tests side by side, etc, etc. No one can say for sure which is the superior bipod and if one does come out on top by how much.

Harris is always the first choice because of reputation but over time things always change. It's how new brands develop.

However if in doubt go for the Harris.

No Deben are definitely not as good as a Harris. Yeah maybe there are better bipods out there but no way are they Deben. Put 2 similar models beside each other and I'll guarantee you'll have issues with the Deben such as the legs getting get stuck when you hit the release button and other annoying problems that you won't get with a Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

Look up bipod buddy in the states. Got a brand new Harris 9-13 swivel for €90 delivered to the door. I'm sure you can get them in the local dealers but they rob you for them.

Advertisement