Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Any chance Cody might show up?

Lets hope not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Any chance Cody might show up?

I doubt it. Cody is a name you use to sell a show. He is not a guy you have make a surprise appearance or announce after the show is sold out. Im sure he will be seen in OTT at some stage this year but personally Id rather OTT didnt book him. His indie run has been total meh and that has been when he has been in the ring with the best of the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

sky88 wrote: »
    Lets hope not

Unless shows up in the Stardust Gimmick, then marks will pay €60 to shake his hand outside national stadium.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Painspotting_cover.jpg

***Final show @ The Kino, Cork City***
    Tickets available at Eventbrite.ie or Ticketmaster.ie.
    CCW RIOT presents another hard hitting, action packed Pro Wrestling Extravaganza.
    Pre purchasing Tickets is a must, this will be another sell out.
    ****Only 5 VIP Ringside Seats Left****
    Over 18s Only/ BYOB-No Glass.
    Be a part of Cork Cities biggest underground party.

The show will feature all your CCW favourites including CCW Champion Bruiser, The Establishment, Ricky Combat, The Northern Irish Nightmare Tron, The 2017 ''Championship Choice Holder'' Pastor William Eaver, Billy Bedlam & Raven Creed plus many many more!

Also appearing on the night making his CCW debut will be ''The Prodigy of Scottish Wrestling'' Lewis Girvan.

Matches Announced:
    "Mr Championship Choice" Pastor William Eaver v Lou King Sharp

"The Role Model" Ricky Combat v "Scotlands Wrestling Prodigy" Lewis Girvan

The Final Showdown
    Billy Bedlam & Raven Creed v "The Omega" Axel Jeffries & Lauren La Roux

The Northern Irish Nightmare Tron v "The Swiss Rockstar" Kurt Simmons

Plus a double Main Event still to be announced!

CHOOSE CCW RIOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why are you moving away from the Kino? Has a bigger venue been secured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

gimmick wrote: »
    Why are you moving away from the Kino? Has a bigger venue been secured?

The Kino is closing down again sadly. They've mentioned on FB that a new venue is secured and will still BYOB apparently. Curious to know where, Kino was a handy location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Any reports from the weekends OTT? Going by Twitter it was another amazing night. Gutted I missed KOTN versus BSS. I'm guessing it was up there with the greatest OTT matches ever.

What match-ups are pencilled in for Scrappermania?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Any reports from the weekends OTT? Going by Twitter it was another amazing night. Gutted I missed KOTN versus BSS. I'm guessing it was up there with the greatest OTT matches ever.

Couldn't get there for this show either, but absolutely buzzing for Scrappermania. So far the announced matches are The Elite vs Uptown Funkers (Ospreay, Smile and Riochet) and the other announced match is Marty Scurll vs Jay White which should be an absolute cracker.

ShagNastii wrote: »

Another quality show. BSS being the highlight and all 3 of them are absolute gents. Return of The Wards was really well done. I think we will get Devlin vs Luther at SM.

One negative is the absolutely unnecessary addition of another Humperdink to the promotion. That whole story is just totally groan inducing.

CCW are proud to announce the launch of our very first on demand event. And there's no better way to start off than with our show from Feb 11th Live at The Kino, Cork City - Ladder Wars Episode 2. We will have regular shows added as the weeks progress. You can buy or rent at the link below.

https://ccwondemand.pivotshare.com/

Matches:
    Championship Choice Ladder Match
    Lycan v Pastor William Eaver v Danny "The Beast" Butler v Bingo Ballance

CCW Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
    The Wood Bros (c) v The Establishment

CCW Heavyweight Championship Match
    Ricky Combat v Bruiser (c)

Mixed Tag Rematch
    Billy Bedlam & Raven Creed v Omega & Lauren La Roux

Lou King Sharp v "The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch

Also featuring The Northern Irish Nightmare Tron & The International Sex Hero DCT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Scrappermania is on Floslam, no better time to try it out than today. Got it for the SEVEN live shows that are on over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've never heard a pop like this in person. Go to 0:12 it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I was there. Scurll got a whopper pop alright. But multiply it by ten and you'll get the pop for the ScrapperMania arena show announcement that was made the same night. Everybody completely lost their minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That came out wrong. I was there myself! I've never heard anything (else) like it in person. The roof nearly came off. Have my ticket for ScrapperMania but am due to work nights, I think a sickie is in order...

Tickets on sale now for CCW's next Over 18s Event. New Location 4 Penrose Quay, Cork City. Still BYOB-No Glass!
    Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ccw-riot-presents-its-always-hardcore-in-cork-city-tickets-33359164158
    [IMG][/img]10er9c3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Ricochet is out of the OTT headline match as he got injured at a Mania show. Being replaced by Lio Rush which is a pretty excellent replacement at such short notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ricochet is out of the OTT headline match as he got injured at a Mania show. Being replaced by Lio Rush which is a pretty excellent replacement at such short notice.

OTT have always been fast in getting replacements and always seem to be of similar caliber.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kinda gutted, this is the second show Ricochet was supposed to be at I'm going to, only to have him not able to make it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

So whats the craic with this bus strike? Is it still on? any chance of it ending by Saturday?

how long will it take to walk from the national stadium to busaras?

Or whats the chances of waving down a taxi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

montyrebel wrote:
    So whats the craic with this bus strike? Is it still on? any chance of it ending by Saturday?

Doubtful unfortunately, talks broke down again today. Where are you coming from? If it's Cork I'd suggest the Aircoach, 22 quid return if you book online in advance and leaves hourly through the night I think.

coming from NI, can get translink buses back to Belfast but times are not great, like 3am, 5am etc

I know aircoach do a service from O'Connell st to Belfast that's on the hour every half hour except for 12.30 at night I think, might be worth looking at. Or if all else fails get a hostel for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Anyone know if there will be tickets sold on the door for scrappermania Saturday night? I thought i saw it somewhere that there would be when it was announced. Can't seem to find anything about it now though.
    Can't find anyone selling tickets either but that's pretty understandable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I saw them OTT retweet someone on Twitter who was selling them.

as far as I know there will be no tickets on the door but on the facebook event page every now and again you get someone posting tickets for sale

• Advertisement

Anyone know if there will be tickets sold on the door for scrappermania Saturday night? I thought i saw it somewhere that there would be when it was announced. Can't seem to find anything about it now though.
    Can't find anyone selling tickets either but that's pretty understandable :pac:

Not a chance of tickets on the door, it fully sold out and they don't do returns so no last minute return tickets being available. Keep an eye on the event page for tickets being sold but you'll need to be quick, buyers are vastly outnumbering anyone selling.

This is the current Scrappermania card as it stands. Would be nice if they kept track themselves, had to trawl through twitter and the facebook posts to put it together. Its in no particular order apart from the headliner.

Kenny Omega & Young Bucks vs Will Ospreay, Ryan Smile & Lio Rush
    Marty Scurrl vs Jay White
    Jurn Simmons vs ??
    Team Martina (Martina, Nixon Newell & Alex Windsor) vs Team Katey (Katey Harvey, Jinny & Bea Preistley)
    Kings of the North vs Lads from the Flats (OTT Tag Championship match) (LFTF have a mystery third partner)
    Jigsaw vs Scotty Davis
    The Gym Nasties Vs Justy/Logan Bryce
    Charlie Sterling vs Grado

I'm pretty sure an opponent for Jurn Simmons was announced at some point but I can't find it now. That's at least 8 matches and there's likely to be something going on with the Social Elite (mainly Jordan Devlin) too unless they just dump into the Grado match which would be a mistake.

This is a SPOILER:
    Seems it will be Martin back for the tag match? He's wrestling as Tee an Rí­ in Philadelphia at the moment, guess he lives there now. He's been retweeting everything about the show and had an over and back with Aonghus Óg hinting at it.

Jordan Devlin wont be on the show as the event is being shown on Floslam. Probably gonna be Jurn vs Paul Treacy. Dont think anybody is missing from the show then. Maybe throw Luther in if he fancies it to make it a Triple Threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Angel Cruz is on the poster. We'll see what role they find for him.

Forgot Angel. Be a shame if he didnt get a match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

When will this be on Floslam? I signed up for Floslam in Mania week (and of course watched about an hour's worth of content)

It'll be live on Floslam, likely will be on VOD pretty quickly too. Stream starts at 5:30pm Saturday according to the event page.

http://www.floslam.tv/event/255270-over-the-top-wrestling-scrappermania-iii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Im headin up with about 8 others from kk, will be ther about 5 hope its enough for all of us to find seating together! Buzzing for it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Ticket for sale if anyone wants it for 25e. It's in Section: BLOCK F, Row: F, Seat: 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Have a woeful dose of hype. Roll on Saturday

Why is the stream starting so early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Doors at 6:30 tomorrow, what's the best time to show up?

What's the best/closest pub? Might go for a few early ones first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

One free ticket going for anyone that wants it, can email on the ticket.

Edit. Ticket gone

One free ticket going for anyone that wants it, can email on the ticket.

I'll take that if you're sure about it

• Advertisement

What's the best/closest pub? Might go for a few early ones first.

57 The Headline is very close.

For the day that is in it..  414677.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

On the bus to Dublin now. Can't wait for tonight!

Are things going to start at 7:00 or is it likely to really get going a bit later?

Edit: never mind, found the info I needed on the OTT Twitter page. First bell at 7:30.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Decent spot, never been here before. In block A, great view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Ended up caving and bought a Floslam subscription to watch this. Terrible value at $20 for the month, compared to the actual seats and other streaming services. But I can't miss this!

Wow, that was effing amazing, I loved that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Angron wrote: »
    Wow, that was effing amazing, I loved that show.

Have to agree, bit slow to get going but once it did was amazing.

Bucks worth the price of admission on their own.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I loved it, even if the Grado match did take a while to get going. Jurg's entrance seemed to go on way too long but it looked like he was enjoying himself. :D The women put on a great match (one or two botches aside) and then the main event was just fantastic. So many twists and turns. Lads From The Flats and Kings of the North had a very good match too. Just great from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Great show, however good the main event was it was made even better by the fact that the crowd was so hot

• Advertisement

Probably the best wrestling show I've ever attended, really enjoyed it and I will be back. Your man Jurn killed the crowd with his entrance but thankfully the crowd got a second wind soon after.

Advertisement