Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Mollikins wrote: »
    Oooh you're doing Childcare too! What story did you read them for the Skills Demonstration? I love their little faces when I read to them. So engrossed in it. :D
    You'll be grand for the exam. I find Child Dev really easy. :)
    Ah they're doing it to ye too... :rolleyes:

I read a book and shook a maraca, it was really fun and the children enjoyed it :D:D:D I'm trying to get some study in now but alas Boards is distracting me :D:D

Boyfriend brought home Easter eggs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I read a book and shook a maraca, it was really fun and the children enjoyed it :D:D:D I'm trying to get some study in now but alas Boards is distracting me :D:D

:eek: There's three of us!!! :eek:

I'm snowed under too, one assignment handed up already this week, and another 3 group projects and 2 reflective journals to hand up all before easter :( Thank god I don't have placement to deal with until next semester!!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Sounds good! :) I used a load of masks for mine and I let them all have a go afterwards. It was hilarious! :D I love actually doing the activity with the children. Hate the write up afterwards though. Such a pain.

Boards is the best procrastination tool ever. Ah you'll be grand. Just remember all the things you've seen the children do in your childcare setting and write about that. :)

Edit: You too Lola92?! :O

Sounds good! :) I used a load of masks for mine and I let them all have a go afterwards. It was hilarious! :D I love actually doing the activity with the children. Hate the write up afterwards though. Such a pain.

Boards is the best procrastination tool ever. Ah you'll be grand. Just remember all the things you've seen the children do in your childcare setting and write about that. :)

Edit: You too Lola92?! :O

Yep me too :) I'm only in first year of a four year degree though so still on the theory and stuff. Really dreading all the observations and paperwork though! Friends of mine who have worked in various settings all say there is so much of it :(

Lola92 wrote: »
    Yep me too :) I'm only in first year of a four year degree though so still on the theory and stuff. Really dreading all the observations and paperwork though! Friends of mine who have worked in various settings all say there is so much of it :(

I'm only doing a Level 5. :o Am pretty sick of college though so I hope to get a job someplace when I'm finished this. Most places take people with just a Level 5. Might do a Montessori course online or part-time, but I dunno yet. I just really want to earn my own money atm.

The observations are actually grand. :) You get into them after a little while. Once you see the theory in real life it's so much easier to learn. It's all the other assignments and stuff that are bothering me atm.

The 3 of us should just set up our own place! :p
    Think we should call it "Lil' Loungers" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm only doing a Level 5. Am pretty sick of college though so I hope to get a job someplace when I'm finished this. Most places take people with just a Level 5. Might do a Montessori course online or part-time, but I dunno yet. I just really want to earn my own money atm.

The observations are actually grand. You get into them after a little while. Once you see the theory in real life it's so much easier to learn. It's all the other assignments and stuff that are bothering me atm.

Eeep I love the sound of that! :D:D:D I feel pretty confident. I've got my observations done and my child study just finished. Work exp was a breeze but the write up was pretty meh! but thankfully done and dusted! The only module that I'm spaced about has been Communications but that's due to the tutor :rolleyes:

Sometimes I just hate the negativity people have with this area, this is how a conversation has went before with a friend of a friend...

So what are you studying?
    Childcare :)
    Oh! Why was there nothing else?
    Um! What do you mean?
    Well, don't people who do Childcare just do it because it's easy or when there's nothing else to do?
    Eh! no! I'm doing it because I love working with children!
    Oh right, I thought it was aimed at chavy women who want to get more benefits.
    :eek::eek::eek:

F**k them though because I'm loving it. Had to bring the playschool kids to the library last week and it was like seeing kids faces at Christmas :D:D:D It's so good seeing children interested in books. I had such a blast :D:D

Eeep I love the sound of that! :D:D:D I feel pretty confident. I've got my observations done and my child study just finished. Work exp was a breeze but the write up was pretty meh! but thankfully done and dusted! The only module that I'm spaced about has been Communications but that's due to the tutor :rolleyes:

Sometimes I just hate the negativity people have with this area, this is how a conversation has went before with a friend of a friend...

Um! What do you mean?
    Well, don't people who do Childcare just do it because it's easy or when there's nothing else to do?

F**k them though because I'm loving it. Had to bring the playschool kids to the library last week and it was like seeing kids faces at Christmas :D:D:D It's so good seeing children interested in books. I had such a blast :D:D

Yeah I have just 2 observations left to write up and hand up to the tutor. Have the 5 essays done and the 'Relevant Issues' part done too. Work Experience module write-ups are the bane of my life atm! The sort of tutor you have really effects how you get on in a module. If you need a hand with any of the Comm send me a PM cos I’ve the majority of it done and I *might* be able to help.

I haven’t had anyone say anything like that to me yet but loads of the tutors have mentioned it. It’s pretty stupid for people to have that attitude though because looking after children is a pretty important job and you have to be able to trust that they will keep them safe and teach them the basics fairly well so they are ready for school.

Oh God I’m the same with books! Have my own mini library here! :o Are you doing a 4 year degree the same as Lola92 or a Fetac like myself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Having a terrible week. Was let down badly by a friend I really valued. So trying to pick up the pieces now and accept it. Here's to better days!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Oh god, whyyy do I do this to myself?
    I have 4 assignments due next week. I've known this since January. I've had the details for all of them for at least two weeks now. Have I completed any of them? No, of course not. That would be intelligent.
    I really wanted to put extra effort into college this semester to get my grades up, now it looks like I'll have to rush them again and get low B's/high C's (not awful I know but I need to improve).
    To top it off, I'm so stressed about it I can't concentrate properly on them, hence why I'm ranting at 6.40am. I realise that I need some kind of pressure to make me work but this is ridiculous :(
    Cop on, self! :mad: You're better than this.

Sorry for the rant ladies!

I'm only doing a Level 5. :o Am pretty sick of college though so I hope to get a job someplace when I'm finished this. Most places take people with just a Level 5. Might do a Montessori course online or part-time, but I dunno yet. I just really want to earn my own money atm.

The observations are actually grand. :) You get into them after a little while. Once you see the theory in real life it's so much easier to learn. It's all the other assignments and stuff that are bothering me atm.

I'm the same actually, if I can get a job this summer and keep it full time I'm considering switching over to a part time degree. I only really did it because I didn't get the points for primary teaching and I thought it would be a better way to get into the post grad than general arts...but now I really love the course! Good to hear the paperwork isn't too bad and I Love the Lil' Loungers idea! :D

Um! What do you mean?

I got that from the friend of a friend in college the other day
    "So what are you studying?"
    "Early Childhood Education and Care"
    "Is that a degree?"
    "Eh yeah, it's a level 8"
    "Are you really doing a four year course to learn how to change nappies FFS?" :mad:

No I'm doing it so hopefully less kids will grow up to be d*cks like you!!!!

I haven’t had anyone say anything like that to me yet but loads of the tutors have mentioned it. It’s pretty stupid for people to have that attitude though because looking after children is a pretty important job and you have to be able to trust that they will keep them safe and teach them the basics fairly well so they are ready for school.

Oh God I’m the same with books! Have my own mini library here! :o Are you doing a 4 year degree the same as Lola92 or a Fetac like myself? :)

+1, as a mum you can really see the importance of quality ECCE and doing the reading and research into it just compounds what I already thought! I can't believe how blasé some people are about the care their kids get in their most formative years!
    Having a terrible week. Was let down badly by a friend I really valued. So trying to pick up the pieces now and accept it. Here's to better days!!! :)

*Hugs* I had that feeling recently, not nice.
    Oh god, whyyy do I do this to myself?
    I have 4 assignments due next week. I've known this since January. I've had the details for all of them for at least two weeks now. Have I completed any of them? No, of course not. That would be intelligent.
    I really wanted to put extra effort into college this semester to get my grades up, now it looks like I'll have to rush them again and get low B's/high C's (not awful I know but I need to improve).
    To top it off, I'm so stressed about it I can't concentrate properly on them, hence why I'm ranting at 6.40am. I realise that I need some kind of pressure to make me work but this is ridiculous :(
    Cop on, self! :mad: You're better than this.

Sorry for the rant ladies!
    Welcome to my world, constant procrastinator, I took the night off last night so really need to get the finger out today!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The launch went brilliantly :D:D Couldn't have gone any better. It was such a relief and the culmination of a ridiculous amount of work and an utterly fantastic year. The law review itself just turned out perfectly, we were all delighted. It's such a bizarre feeling seeing my name in print with the rest of the board, it was an absolute honour and privilege to be part of such an outstanding group of people.

I'm so sad that it's all over now though :( I was very emotional last night about it. We still have our AGM and a board dinner/night out but it's just the time of year where everyone has to knuckle down and the fourth years are under a particular amount of pressure. It was amazing last night talking to them and hearing their (now slightly more solid than a few weeks ago) plans for the future, they're a fantastic group of people. Some of them are going on to do masters and others have training contract offers from seriously brilliant firms. I'll be so sad to see them go off and do their things but also extremely proud and excited. They really are phenomenal. I just can't believe it's all over now, I'm so sad about it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Its been a hectic few days!
    Helped out a good friend running for a position in the Students Union, she unfortunately didn't get it so we all got quite upset last night - out and out I'm unhappy with how elections went this year, I've never been so glad to be graduating...
    Got my assignment handed in on Monday despite it being shockingly bad and all of the stress causing my major freakouts - final year is actually killing me, chest pains and all. Not fun.
    FYP work due Friday, exam on Tuesday, exam Thursday, exam the following Thursday. And then its all over.... scary as hell.

Work today though, and then I'm headed back into the library. Long night ahead if I want to have the craic at the ball tomorrow night....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Fell asleep on my husband's shoulder on the sofa last night. Woke up a half hour later drooling on his lap.

Yeah, I've had sexier moments... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My brother got the cast off his leg last week and he can put a little bit of weight on it now but not a huge amount. He's got a scar about 15cm down the outside of his ankle. He's on the mend though, he's got physio today at 12 in Portlaoise.

I'm getting my hair cut at 10.30 so I get to go off down the town when I'm finished. Might have a quick look in Penneys and Dunnes. I'd love a couple of new tops. :)

How are all the loungers today? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry to hear that, Irish Eyes, hope things get better for you soon. :)

Ooh, Das Kitty you sexy thing you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

krudler wrote: »
    I should start packing a few things for spain, but I'm playing Cut The Rope instead, damn you, cute little....thing, must feed it candy!

Actually addicted to cut the rope, bf and I spent about two hours last night just passing it over and back, it's brill!
    Thete's a new one called cut the buttons. I tried it, but got too frustrated with it very soon.

Ray darcy talking about the infamous full Irish....... Salivating here...yum....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

What's this Cut The Rope that everyone is talking about? :o

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    What's this Cut The Rope that everyone is talking about? :o
    It's an app! A game! Addictive.

Actually, the most addictive game I have ever got on my phone is Flight Control.
    It's quiet slow to start but once you get into it...my god. I was addicted! I got a fantastic high score that I will never beat so I stopped playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I appear to be one of three people in my entire building who isn't at the Geneva Motor Show today. But that's great news as it means I can work on my assignments on company time instead of this evening, a woo hoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:) Got an email this morning that really made me smile.

One of my kids asked could we have fireworks tomorrow because he finally finished his book and went up a level! God love him! :D

I've ordered my costume (that may be worn for paddy's day if it gets here on time!) that will be worn when I go to Hong Kong for the 7's rugby tournament! I'm super excited about it coming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Having a sh!t day... New computer just died and won't come back on at all. Dell are sending an engineer to fix it tomorrow. It's not even 2 weeks old!!! :(

Going through the same thing myself! Engineer out this week, it's only 2 months old! What's meant to be wrong with yours?? Its outrageous!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have fun at the hairdressers, Jane!. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Do you ever look at someone you love and think why are you messing up your life so badly !!!!

This has been one s**t year already !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

This has been one s**t year already !!

Put that in cross-stitch and frame it, sister...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

LostGirly wrote: »
    Going through the same thing myself! Engineer out this week, it's only 2 months old! What's meant to be wrong with yours?? Its outrageous!

No idea it just died like the power went and wont come back on.. have a 1yr collect and return warranty but they said because its so new would send someone today.. then rang dismorning and said the parts didnt arrive so might be tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

No idea it just died like the power went and wont come back on.. have a 1yr collect and return warranty but they said because its so new would send someone today.. then rang dismorning and said the parts didnt arrive so might be tomorrow..

God they are just unreal! I had some row with them yesterday and under no circumstance would they replace the laptop for me! There should not be problems with something that cost €600 in the first 3 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I love when people call me wanting me to do a last minute order for this weekend, I am good enough to not only entertain such ridiculous notions but to offer to fit it in, then I say the price (which was actually the lowest of my price range) and I can HEAR this face on the other end of the phone - :eek:

A year ago I would then have stumbled over myself and dropped the price and apologised for it, now I tell them I have costs too, insurance etc, and that I spend a lot of time working on these orders so like it or lump it. When they then proceed with the order I am fascinated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bellemaman

I'm trying to post and cannot aargh....:mad:. Keep clicking on new post but nothing happening. Help please:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement