Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm so bored I'm considering going to bed early:(

...alone too:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Acoshla wrote: »
    And it's been so warm the last while and NOW the oil goes. Our house is bitter cold. At least tomorrow, Thurs and Saturday I'll have the oven on during the day and it'll keep me warm. If it's a leak it's really sh*t, because the tank is only a year old, not even.

Well that's something anyway, just drag a chair in front of the oven and defrost yourself :D
    Yeah, I guess it'd nearly be better if the oil had been stolen then. Frustrating but at least you wouldn't have to pay extra to sort a leak.
    I actually think my body is making me eat more than usual just to keep itself warm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm so bored I'm considering going to bed early:(

Me too, but having laid awake from 1am to 6am last night I am in no rush to go to bed tonight, bored and annoyed with boyfriend and the world as I am. Bed does have an electric blanket though...!
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Well that's something anyway, just drag a chair in front of the oven and defrost yourself :D
    Yeah, I guess it'd nearly be better if the oil had been stolen then. Frustrating but at least you wouldn't have to pay extra to sort a leak.
    I actually think my body is making me eat more than usual just to keep itself warm :rolleyes:

I'd prefer a leak I'd say, otherwise I'll live in fear of it being stolen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

We just came home today and it was gone, it either leaked or was stolen, we only got it 4 weeks ago and the amount we got normally lasts months, sob. Going to choose freezing over parting with more money methinks.

We had an oil leak a few years back. We knew about it for two reasons:
    1) Like you, the oil ran out very quickly.
    2) The path/patio area and grass under which the pipe travelled had an
    oily scum on it.
    We were able to produce receipts of oil used in the 2 years previous to this so the insurance company knew that the usage was out of character. They covered the cost of replacing piping and clean up of oil spill - this took six months with a sort of 'well' dug in the garden and some chemicals used to treat it. If you think it is a leak it may be worth asking the insurance to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Me too, but having laid awake from 1am to 6am last night I am in no rush to go to bed tonight, bored and annoyed with boyfriend and the world as I am. Bed does have an electric blanket though...!

I do have a book to read so it can't be that bad, just waiting on food to cook, I also have cats and will stuff them under the covers to warm up the bed!*

*I only really do that to one cat and she looks to get under the covers anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

And if it was stolen you might be able to claim that from the insurers also...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I have a female gynae issue which I googled pictures for. (I know google is definitely not your friend for a medical problem, but Im going to doc tomorrow about it.)

Sweet suffering mother of god my eyes.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Even saw a pic of a potential op. No words can describe it.

No.

Words.

In fairness im sitting here laughing at my own daftness, and am not too freaked out (tho maybe I should be:D:p).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good luck tomorrow with the doctor, Tigger99! I hope it all turns out to be something simple. :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ah thanks. Im pretty sure I know what it is tho, think its the same thing I had before :)

Tigger when I couldn't sleep last night I googled my symptoms at about 4am, I am dying of course, sure what else :rolleyes:

Got a lovely royal blue nail varnish today with the €7.50 No7 vouchers, cost me €2, it's so pretty! Painted one nail just now because I'd have to take it off again in the morning, can't wait to paint my nails at the weekend, that's how I know it's the weekend :)

Edit: Just managed to paint my finger, oops. Managed to fight with boyfriend and my mother today, it's amazing the amount of times that I fight with one and nearly always end up fighting with the other a few hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Anyone want to give me a shítload of money or a job? Just so I can afford to move out and get away from my mother.

I need 1) a job or 2) to win the lottery.

Preferably a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Sh!t is hitting the fan with college work! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Ohhhhhhhh yes :(

So glad I never did any work in college :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm getting worried that I might have chicken pox :-(

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhhh yes :(

Hell yeah. Staring at a screen all day is killing me!
    We need like a college-work-moaning-support group or something. Overachievers not allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I would just like to say that Nivea's Q10 body oil is my new favourite thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hello loungers.. How is everyone tonight? I'm listening to the FM104 Phone Show because my bf said it was getting good. :rolleyes: Whenever I listen I either end up laughing my ass off or getting so angry with the people on it!

Getting my hair cut tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Can I also join the college moaning support group? :(

It’s ridiculous how many assignments/essays/projects etc. I have to do between now and Easter! They all seem to be throwing work at us. They keep bringing deadlines forward and not only that but actually changing what they want covered in the assignments once we have it almost finished. It’s so unfair. Loads of people in the course have said it to different tutors that we are snowed under with work and could they change the deadline to after the Easter hols and none of them are listening. I mean it’s not like they are actually going to correct our assignments over the holidays. One of the tutors said the other day that she hadn’t corrected an assignment we handed up last October!

We were actually given yet another assignment on Monday which is worth a fair amount of our grade in that module. The tutor actually told us to just cut and paste it all from the internet! :eek: I couldn’t believe it.

Dunno how I’m gonna get everything done in time. I don’t handle stress well at all. Every time they hand out another essay or assignment I feel like puking. So under pressure I actually can’t eat properly atm. Arrrggghhhh. *assumes foetal position*

Also I have to spend 7+ hours with 30 very noisy 3-4 year olds tomorrow. I love working with them, but atm I’m so stressed I’m not really in the mood for it. Hopefully the kids will cheer me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Mollikins wrote: »

It’s ridiculous how many assignments/essays/projects etc. I have to do between now and Easter! They all seem to be throwing work at us. They keep bringing deadlines forward and not only that but actually changing what they want covered in the assignments once we have it almost finished. It’s so unfair. Loads of people in the course have said it to different tutors that we are snowed under with work and could they change the deadline to after the Easter hols and none of them are listening. I mean it’s not like they are actually going to correct our assignments over the holidays. One of the tutors said the other day that she hadn’t corrected an assignment we handed up last October!

We were actually given yet another assignment on Monday which is worth a fair amount of our grade in that module. The tutor actually told us to just cut and paste it all from the internet! :eek: I couldn’t believe it.

Dunno how I’m gonna get everything done in time. I don’t handle stress well at all. Every time they hand out another essay or assignment I feel like puking. So under pressure I actually can’t eat properly atm. Arrrggghhhh. *assumes foetal position*

Also I have to spend 7+ hours with 30 very noisy 3-4 year olds tomorrow. I love working with them, but atm I’m so stressed I’m not really in the mood for it. Hopefully the kids will cheer me up.

I know exactly what you mean! I had a Skills Demonstration on Monday and then in the playschool minding nine kids afterwards but I have to say I loved it :) Child Development exam tomorrow morning as well. I don't mind the exams but it's ridiculous how the assignments are being handed out in my course :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mollikins wrote: »

Of course you can join, we like our members stressed :D
    Your lecturers seem pretty crappy alright! Try to eat well if you can though, the last thing you need is to get run down or even sick. I was stressed over college work, then I got tonsillitis, which made me more stressed! Not. Worth. It.
    Get a few good nights' sleep if possible, learn when to give up for the night :D

Got a lovely royal blue nail varnish today with the €7.50 No7 vouchers, cost me €2, it's so pretty!
    Edit: Just managed to paint my finger, oops.
    God bless No.7 vouchers, they're great!
    'Essence' do a nail polish remover pen which is great for when you're painting nails and smudge! :)
    I need 1) a job or 2) to win the lottery.

Preferably a job.
    You're weird. :pac:
    I'm getting worried that I might have chicken pox :-(
    I've never had chicken pox!! Crap, how do I log out!!? :eek:

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean! I had a Skills Demonstration on Monday and then in the playschool minding nine kids afterwards but I have to say I loved it :) Child Development exam tomorrow morning as well. I don't mind the exams but it's ridiculous how the assignments are being handed out in my course :rolleyes:
    Oooh you're doing Childcare too! What story did you read them for the Skills Demonstration? I love their little faces when I read to them. So engrossed in it. :D
    You'll be grand for the exam. I find Child Dev really easy. :)
    Ah they're doing it to ye too... :rolleyes:
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Of course you can join, we like our members stressed :D
    Your lecturers seem pretty crappy alright! Try to eat well if you can though, the last thing you need is to get run down or even sick. I was stressed over college work, then I got tonsillitis, which made me more stressed! Not. Worth. It.
    Get a few good nights' sleep if possible, learn when to give up for the night :D

Will do Mammy Emily! :p

Should not have started listening. There are unbelievably stupid people out there. They're talking about the images of abortions that some group had on O' O'Connell Street. A woman emailed in explaining that her 13 year old sister got very upset. There are people ringing in saying that it's perfectly okay for a child to see a picture that graphic. Tbh I don't think I could ever have a abortion myself but I really hate people that try and ram their opinions down your neck.

Ooh, forgot to say 'good luck' to all the stressed, assignment ridden loungers. Take care of yourselves and don't burn out!
    Hope all essays/exams etc go marvelously. If anyone needs me to write an essay or sit an exam for them, just let me know. ;)

Posy wrote: »
    Ooh, forgot to say 'good luck' to all the stressed, assignment ridden loungers. Take care of yourselves and don't burn out!
    Hope all essays/exams etc go marvelously. If anyone needs me to write an essay or sit an exam for them, just let me know. ;)

I bags Posy lads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Annnnd that's me finished work, off now til Sunday :D Just cracked open a beer!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    There are people ringing in saying that it's perfectly okay for a child to see a picture that graphic. Tbh I don't think I could ever have a abortion myself but I really hate people that try and ram their opinions down your neck.
    I will (almost) always respect people's beliefs and opinions so long as they don't keep trying to force it on me. :mad:

Krudler, I got Google Chrome. Ooooh. :)

Posy wrote: »

You're sooo going to regret this :p

Thank you though! :)

• Advertisement

Yeah Posy I'm generally the same with the exception of a couple of subjects - animal cruelty being one. I've had people tell me "sure they don't have feelings, it's only a dog/cat/rabbit or whatever animal". People are entitled to have their own opinions, I'm totally fine with that. But when they try to force them on other people that really makes me mad.

Also Google Chrome is awesome. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement