Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longmire [A&E/Netflix - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Premieres Sunday June 3rd, i suspect it might be competing with Falling Skies in the timeslot:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,215 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

Looks half decent. Mind you if it's up against FS it should do well. By the sounds of FS S2, a live view of a guy painting a room would get better ratings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »
    Looks half decent. Mind you if it's up against FS it should do well. By the sounds of FS S2, a live view of a guy painting a room would get better ratings :)
    falling skies will crush this, even before watching it i know this, falling skies averaged over 4 million viewers an episode for season 1, and i cant foresee a fall off, just like the walking dead it oddly pull in hugh numbers,

will give this a go later, could be a good show,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Quite liked this... it's pretty low key, but there are some elements of humour in it, and Walt Longmire is a good character. I think he's what Raylan Givens might be like in 20 years. :o

Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this is pretty good, bit much of a&e to be calling it the hit of the summer after 2 eps though.

It's OK. Not bad but it's not quite grabbing me 100% either. I'll stick with it though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 85,215 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TCM has closed a deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to A&E’s drama series Longmire and the series is set to premiere on Sunday March 17th at 9pm

who has tcm?

this was really good show worth watching, gentle but good.

At home atm and saw a few episodes of the show saved on the Sky box and decided to give them a go as it's one of those shows I've kept meaning to watch but never got around to. Glad that I finally did as it's one of the better procedural on atm. It's very much Justified lite and Longmire is exactly how I see Raylan Givens 25 years from now.

I've said it about a number of other shows on atm but I've grown tired of shows that revel in sex and violence, mistaking grotesque acts as adult. Longmire is rather laid back and light on the violence and all the better for it. It's nice, easy to watch fare that covers some quite adult issues and plots without ever having to rely on blood letting. Shows such as Criminal Minds could learn a lot from Longmire, I'm only 4 episodes in yet I'm far more invested and interested in the lives of the characters than I've ever been in those of the Criminal Minds characters.

Hard to believe that Longmire himself, Robert Taylor used to be Father Vincent Sheahan in Ballykiss Angel. Even harder to believe is just how down right sexy Katee Sachoff is, I've always liked her and found her attractive but never so much as here. Guess playing pretty works for her.

Just after watching episodes 5 and 6 and I'd go so far as to call episode 5 one of the finest pieces of television from the past year or two. Really just great stuff with a truly stunning final few minutes.

Finished up the series earlier this week and absolutely loved it. There's nothing strikingly original here and you can see how the relationships will develop but the mystery of the week is always interesting and the on going story is interesting and hints at a darkness that most other procedural would love to have. Really looking forward to season 2.

Read the first of the novels again and it's a must for anyone who enjoys the show. It covers the same ground as the series one finale but is quite different and a lot of fun.

Here's Longmier himself in his most famous role.
    The_Matrix_Dodge_this_(HD)_1756.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

Just came across this show and must say I really enjoyed it. Nothing original about it really. But it has something about that pulled me in. What I must say is the setting of Wyoming is stunning!

First series is now on Netflix US in glorious HD. Worth a watch for the scenery alone.

Dunno why it wasn't noted/bumped.....but the season 2 opener is already out.

• Advertisement

Dunno why it wasn't noted/bumped.....but the season 2 opener is already out.

Most likely because most of us don't feel the need to post every time that a new episode is released. If you'd waited a bit longer you'd have seen the thread bumped once I've watched the new episode over lunch.

Most likely because most of us don't feel the need to post every time that a new episode is released. If you'd waited a bit longer you'd have seen the thread bumped once I've watched the new episode over lunch.

I only bump when its a season premiere or finale...unless i watch the show every week.

I only bump when its a season premiere or finale...unless i watch the show every week.

I've seen you bump shows because episode 3 it 18 is out. There's no need to bump any thread as those that like the show will be aware that its on and those that don't watch the show will not be convinced to do so because you post "new episode out there on the wilds". There's no need to ever post that an episode has aired, especially if you do not watch the show. It comes across as you simply posting for the sake of adding to your post count.

I've seen you bump shows because episode 3 it 18 is out. There's no need to bump any thread as those that like the show will be aware that its on and those that don't watch the show will not be convinced to do so because you post "new episode out there on the wilds". There's no need to ever post that an episode has aired, especially if you do not watch the show. It comes across as you simply posting for the sake of adding to your post count.

Yeah, when it's a webrip....or an advanced copy or something, not a regular scheduled episode, unless as i said i watch the show. I bump culty shows on little known channels like Sundance etc.

You're being rather obtuse today Darko :confused:

Yeah, when it's a webrip....or an advanced copy or something, not a regular scheduled episode, unless as i said i watch the show. I bump culty shows on little known channels like Sundance etc.

You're being rather obtuse today Darko :confused:

The point is Richard that there's no need for it. While shows such as Rectify may not be the hit they deserve most of us are aware if the show and do not require a weekly reminder. If you watched Longmire then you would be more than welcome to bump this thread every week with your thoughts on the episode. As you don't it just comes across as you adding to your post count

As you don't it just comes across as you adding to your post count

You can't really think this? :( - i'm a tvaholic and news hound. Adding to post count gets me nothing, unless Boards wants to pay me a Euro per posting :)

Well for those of us who did watch the Seasion 2 premiere, what did ye all think of it? I quite liked it. There was something last year stopping me from completely warming to the show but I think it's come back much stronger. I'm certainly looking forward to the next installment after this weeks episode. It's great how he's such a hardass sherriff!

he recovered from getting drenched in the river very quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

he recovered from getting drenched in the river very quickly

He John Wayne'd up! He's a real life cowboy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

good ep this week
    the revelation that
    henry murdered longmires wifes killer
    wasn't terribly surprising. you just knew there was something non-standard coming but it's still a nice enough twist.
    since the show isn't called "connoly" we can be pretty damn sure that branch isn't going to win the election but I wonder if sneakily-facial-haired indian man is going to use the donations over his head in seasons to come, branch has already bent once giving up the girl to the timber company, although i'm not sure how he knew where she was.

Advertisement