Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone met bother with UK customs? If that route is used and its stopped what happens then?

Probably Parcel motel would refuse your parcel and it gets shipped back to china or maybe you could contact royal mail and pay the fees and they'd deliver it to Antrim depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Takes a few days for NL post to display your parcel information, I presume?

I think all told it took near to 4 weeks for mine to arrive but was not hit with any VAT charges thankfully... Am about to order a second box now and get rid of sky and netflix for good.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Just ordered another one, hopefully as quick with delivery as others.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just ordered another one, hopefully as quick with delivery as others.....

How many is that now you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Got another few boxes delivered yesterday by DHL. No customs surprisingly :)

• Advertisement

Ste- wrote: »
    How many is that now you have ?

Couple :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Great thread going on here gents. Been read it on and off for a few days now.

So many options out there at the moment. One item Ive not seen covered but have heard great things about is the Promethus Media Box.

Any thoughts on it as its a good bit more expensive than anything else Ive seen thus far.

thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Trond wrote: »
    Great thread going on here gents. Been read it on and off for a few days now.

So many options out there at the moment. One item Ive not seen covered but have heard great things about is the Promethus Media Box.

Any thoughts on it as its a good bit more expensive than anything else Ive seen thus far.

thanks...

Its way way over priced.the very same box can be bought for a 3rd of the price.on alliexpress

massy086 wrote: »
    Its way way over priced.the very same box can be bought for a 3rd of the price.on alliexpress

Cheers for that, Any links?

Im hearing good things about this device. Might be a safer introduction for me before spending more on a better model

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Q8DWZQK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Cheers for that, Any links?

Im hearing good things about this device. Might be a safer introduction for me before spending more on a better model

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Q8DWZQK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I would say that box is expensive......

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote: »
    I would say that box is expensive......

I presume there are others boxes out there with better spec for that money etc?

I mainly posted that one as I've read a few positive reviews from people who bought it (not the amazon reviews btw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone using DHL watch out for them sending an invoice a few weeks later. Its happened me twice recently where I thought they got through but got hit. Previously DHL would only handover if you paid at the door or before delivery but it seems like they are changing things so one to watch out for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Anyone any views on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone using DHL watch out for them sending an invoice a few weeks later. Its happened me twice recently where I thought they got through but got hit. Previously DHL would only handover if you paid at the door or before delivery but it seems like they are changing things so one to watch out for

Did you pay them or just ignore their letters?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

As of yesterday, mine is 'pre-adviced' on Netherlands post. Presume it takes a few days to get to them and any proper tracking info thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Hi folks, I bought a CS918 before christmas. It came preloaded with XBMC. However it was uninstalled in error.

I went to install the latest Kodi, however is states that the device is not compatible. I've searched the thread but haven't seen any updates, anybody able to help?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Hi folks, I bought a CS918 before christmas. It came preloaded with XBMC. However it was uninstalled in error.

I went to install the latest Kodi, however is states that the device is not compatible. I've searched the thread but haven't seen any updates, anybody able to help?

Thanks

Try 13.2 Gotham, available on downloads page.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Invincible wrote: »
    Try 13.2 Gotham, available on downloads page.

Thanks, I'll try it later.

So what device would people recommend the most in the sub 75 euro price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

i have a minix neo x8 h plus, when i run the official nbc sports app, the quality is very poor, similar to the illegal streams.. does anyone know why this might be and how to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

So what device would people recommend the most in the sub 75 euro price range?

http://www.adverts.ie/media-players/sumvision-cyclone-x4-android-4-4-kit-kat-quad-core-smart-tv-hd-media-streamer/6763721

You could check out this I have the older version almost 2 yrs now its dual core
    Running KODI latest version also IPTV no problem
    The guy used to be lacuna.ie ( based in Cork ) I think he is a really nice fellow to deal with hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

i have a minix neo x8 h plus, when i run the official nbc sports app, the quality is very poor, similar to the illegal streams.. does anyone know why this might be and how to fix it?

Adjust the stream quality within the add on settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

dahat wrote: »
    Adjust the stream quality within the add on settings.

i'm not using xbmc, i'm using the official nbc app so i dont think i can adjust the add on settings

i have 240mb download speeds so shouldnt experience buffering or bad quality

enno99 wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/media-players/sumvision-cyclone-x4-android-4-4-kit-kat-quad-core-smart-tv-hd-media-streamer/6763721

You could check out this I have the older version almost 2 yrs now its dual core
    Running KODI latest version also IPTV no problem
    The guy used to be lacuna.ie ( based in Cork ) I think he is a really nice fellow to deal with hope this helps
    I have sold a few of the x4 boxs running open-elec and all my customers are happy with them.70 is a good price too go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I have sold a few of the x4 boxs running open-elec and all my customers are happy with them.70 is a good price too go for it

Same one(?) on amazon for €60.

What is the wifi range on it like?

bur wrote: »
    Same one(?) on amazon for €60.

What is the wifi range on it like?
    ye i have fitted one upstairs on wifi in a house and 1 down stairs and ran both no issue,s

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

Anyone have an addon that gives them C.M.T ? ( Country Music Television )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Need some help with regards to Pulsar on Open Elec.

Trying to set a DL path for it that isn't fat32 but when i format the micro SD to ext4 it still gives me error message that the path isn't writeable.

Is the SD the problem? Should I use a HDD altogether? (Don't have one)

Is there another way to load the SD card as writeable memory for Pulsar?

It is the Codesnake Open Elec build for M8.

• Advertisement

ye i have fitted one upstairs on wifi in a house and 1 down stairs and ran both no issue,s

Pushed the button on that one in the end.

Got a wireless keyboard as well. Next day delivery with amazon all in for 79euro.

Praying parcel motel get it to me tomorrow night. Then I can drive myself mad all w/e messing around with it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement