Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Landed on Daymar (sic)

Alt F to leave pilot seat. Left pilot seat, died.....

Did you remap it, is it not hold F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well, that's the release date gone back from 2023 to 2029 now. If I get the missus pregnant tonight our kid is really going to enjoy this when it comes out in time for their 12th birthday.

Doubt that Crytek will last to 2019.

There's either a contract that states what they claim or there isn't.

The below is from 2014, so they no longer just had a limited licence as of 2013. They then changed over from using their own version of the Cryengine to using Amazons version.
    We did an outright buyout of the engine last year and have the source code, so while we hope all the noise about Crytek blows over, as they are great partners and friends to the project, if the worse happened we would be ok, as we’ve already branched the engine and have a large team that is adding features and supporting it every day here at CIG. So even in the worst case scenario we should be fine, but obviously we hope it does not come to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Some info on Squadron 42 coming on Thursday 21st. Probably some more footage, dying to know how far along they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

The cynic in me would say not very far along :)

Very short video, full SQ 42 stuff tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And now they are selling tanks. Costs up to $1000 for the limited edition.

Do they even want to finish the game at this stage, or is it more profitable to just keep releasing ships/tanks/****ing plots of land and selling them for stupid money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yeah, I'm really leaning towards thinking it's safe to say this is never coming out, they seem to have seen to many dollar signs that they've not just gone off the beaten path but have now left the car, threw away the keys, and are swimming in pond somewhere. It's not so much that they're sidetracking themselves so much as they're just not interested in continuing any further (at least that's how this all looks to me). God I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think so... I'm so relieved that I didn't bite the bullet back 9 months ago when 3.0 was apparently just a few weeks from release.

Well, I have my can of coke and crisps ready for the live steam in 30 mins. They get Squadron 42 out the door and more staff get freed up for the rest.

Edit: 'Due to technical issues we a pushing our holiday live-stream to tomorrow the 22nd'

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Well, I have my can of coke and crisps ready for the live steam in 30 mins. They get Squadron 42 out the door and more staff get freed up for the rest.

Edit: 'Due to technical issues we a pushing our holiday live-stream to tomorrow the 22nd'

What crisps?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Technical difficulties, delays. Apt.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What crisps?

6 pack of Smiths scampi/bacon fries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

6 pack of Smiths scampi/bacon fries :)

are they the tiny pub packets? those are the best ones

Lots of meandering around as with most of these whereas actual people tend to run A to B with a bit of wandering in the middle, but still surprisingly long. Avenger looks a good bit bigger now.

So, is 3.0 live?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That's what it says here. It's around 40GB to download, but the delta patcher means they can roll out fixes without waiting for the next version to download everything again.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

xNiRH2a.png

8fps in menu. 3 in game. Christ.

7870, used to do 25-50 in the old build of Aren Commander.

The live version is out now, if you had the PTU 3.0 you're good but if you were still on the previous version then you need the new launcher apparently.

ED E wrote: »
    xNiRH2a.png

8fps in menu. 3 in game. Christ.

7870, used to do 25-50 in the old build of Aren Commander.

The 8fps in the menu seems wrong.

You GPU temp is low for apparently 100% GPU usage.

I'm on Nvidia but I've to tell it to use my GPU rather than the Intel integrated every time it changes.

• Advertisement

is 3.0 any good? im so cynical about it at this stage, and i couldnt wait for the bloody game :(

Got to a usable 27fps in AC. Cool.

Tried Star Marine, another crash. Its horribly pre alpha still. Can we crucify Roberts?

I have a GTX1060, but haven't tried to measure FPS before today. Got around 24FPS just now in the Universe, as measured by Afterburner. Took on a contract that needed a bit of dogfighting, and it would bog down occasionally when loading a lot from disk. It was pretty good until it stopped responding entirely about 10 minutes in.

I saw RSI's advice to use a SSD and that seems to underline the importance of disk performance too: it's not all about the GPU. Before this version I was running SC off a Windows "Storage Spaces" parity array and it was usually OK, but with this new version I had problems with the array dropping offline under heavy write load when verifying the library. (Not the first time this has happened, and it's not a SC-specfic problem.) I rebuilt the drive with no parity (striping over 3x 3TB disks) and it was better but still not that great. So I freed up enough space on my PC's SSD to move the library data there, and it seems to have helped a fair amount - less waiting for disk and better response during dogfights.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

My 950 does ~ 2GB/s (Bytes, not bits) but it'd be fierce wasteful to plonk SC on there.

ED E wrote: »
    Got to a usable 27fps in AC. Cool.

Tried Star Marine, another crash. Its horribly pre alpha still. Can we crucify Roberts?

What did you do more what was the issue?

Seemed better after rebooting the game, changed LOD down after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

My PC which can run nearly all games maxed out refuses to run this after the new patch. It stutters and freezes at startup in the space station.

The code is definitely not optimised, I'll say that. It seems to be very sensitive to disk performance, and people are finding that moving the Library Folder to a SSD helps. The bugginess in the current version is making it very difficult to use. I've yet to complete a single contract, something goes wrong every time. Hopefully the next patch won't be too long coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Right,

Ive an i7-6950X, four SSD drives, Dual 1080ti, 64gb of Ram, dedicated sound card, and liquid cooled with extra nxzt fans.

I still cant complete a contract without crashing!!!

• Advertisement

Sounds very playable after all these years of hard work by the developers....

Advertisement