Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wedding Dress shops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Ashlynn

Hi Sparkle i have gotten quotes from about 80-120 Euro for alterations & as they have said in every bridal shop i went in2 that all dresses need altering to your exact height & maybe taken in or let out or straps adjusted etc they said it is very very rare to find someone that fits in2 there dress perfectly :). As for if its too small it says on there web sites that all dresses that come in the size you order also have the ability of being let out an extra 1.5 inches so hopefully i will be ok (if i don't pig out :pac:) once you have your measurements taken properly i reckon we will be alright. You should check out "weddings online" if you haven't already i have got lot's of advice & tips there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stranagaone

Hi, its a nightmare trying to find a dress but once you get the one you're sorted. If you're still looking, take a look at www.dresstrader.com, its a new site for buying and selling wedding and other dresses. I have just sold my daughters flowergirl dresses and also a First Communion dress. They have new and used wedding dresses on there and some of the prices are great.

Best of luck with the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

:):):):D:)I got my wedding dress from Marie McElheron bridalwear in arklow. She is a qualified fashion designer who had previously worked for larger fashion houses so her work was excellent. She also stocked other designer labels when i went in. I thought the dress was very good value and would have no problem in reccommending her to anyone, very impressive service. I sent a friend f mine there recently and she said they are passing on the sterling difference reduction in the prices for materials etc. She got 2 bridesmaid dresses from her and she is very happy with everything. She has a website. http://www.mariemcelheron.com/:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stranagaone

Neverwhere wrote: »
    thanks Jules, I really appreciate it! I'm not getting married till december 2010...but my fiance and I are both students, and what with this recession it's impossible to find work, so we're having to try and get a budget together and find out how much starving we're going to need to do over the next year or two!

We might be moving hte date forward, so I'm paranoid I'm not going to look for a dress in time.

I was thinking of looking BTs and a few of the wedding shops around the city. Most likely I'll be spending a lot of time in Oxfam Bridal with the budget I've got! I don't mind a second hand dress...I just want to find THE dress as everyone does. Even if it mens a year of searching!

You're wise to keep your looking. Theres a great selection of new and nearly new dresses on www.dresstrader.com and they are all in Ireland.

You don't want to buy too quick though. Make sure its 'the one' no matter how much of a bargain it is, unless you do pull your wedding forward, dress styles do change and you could get yourself an more up to date bargain next year!

Although I say go ahead and bring it forward, the longer you have to plan the more you'll spend. If you're going to marry him , why put it off, you never have the money so you might as well have the love!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Ashlynn

Also seen advertised on "weddings online" that there is a pre-loved once worn wedding dresses sale going on in the Radisson Hotel in Athlone on the 14th of March would be well worth a look. :D Also flowergirl dresses, page boy outfits, bridesmaid dresses & accessories etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 leesabunny

Hi guys,
    just to let you know upstairs in monsoon grafton strret have the most gorgeous wedding dresses, got mine for e300 it is halterneck very grecian theme to it absolutely gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

You're wise to keep your looking. Theres a great selection of new and nearly new dresses on www.dresstrader.com and they are all in Ireland.

You don't want to buy too quick though. Make sure its 'the one' no matter how much of a bargain it is, unless you do pull your wedding forward, dress styles do change and you could get yourself an more up to date bargain next year!

Although I say go ahead and bring it forward, the longer you have to plan the more you'll spend. If you're going to marry him , why put it off, you never have the money so you might as well have the love!!

thanks for the site! and you are absoloutely right. im supposed to be getting a free dress in the next few weeks. (lucky me!)
    the styles for this year are a lot nicer than the stuff i found for last year (more my kind of styles!) so i think im happy to look for something in the coming seasons.

as for getting married....we are both young (im only turning 21 this year), so keeping the family happy is important! my mom got married at 22 ( the age i'll be) and she's worried that i'll regret it. I'd rather wait an extra year and have the matron of honour happy than be a tad miserable in the planning because of opposition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ClaireyBee

Hey guys,
    just said I'd let ye know about Designer Brides in Portmarnock. Susan in Designer Brides is really helpful and has a great eye, once worn dresses, she does Vera Wang and a few others, her site is www.designerbrides.ie
    I did a photo shoot with her last month, pm me if you want a link to see the photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bruzz

livEwirE wrote: »
    I'd recommend 'Classy Lass' in Clane, Kildare, if thats not too far for you, great range and individual treatment, my finacee got her dress there and was very happy with the staff, very professional and courteous:D

She had been to a few bridal shops in Dublin and was treated like just another punter who would wear anything and don't get me started about that bridal shop in Liffey Valley, bunch of b*****s:mad:

sorry about the rant :)

Hi do you know the website for classy lass if they have one?

Thanks

Anyone know the website for cameo in Kilkenny?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rafferdee

You should try Paradise Collections, Loughgall Co. Armagh, maybe a trek but great savings to be had on euro-sterling rate. Doesn't look like much from outside very helpful owner and great range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

Bit surprised no one has mentioned Beautiful Brides in Newbridge. The girls in there are lovely and very helpful and the dresses are all a good bit cheaper than in Dublin. When I was trying my dress on my mam heard another girl outside looking at her dress for €500 less than she had bought it somewhere in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

not sure if anyone has mentioned the moderne in Cork. I ordered mine three weeks ago and can honestly say that I have never met a more helpful and non pushy sales assistant. Her name was Denise and she really know her stuff. She picked out the dress and veil and i was not sure it'd suit my shape. It was perfect! I love it and it was half price which to me was the icing on the cake....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mols78

"marry me" in wexford is a great very private shop,the girls are really good.
    they wouldn't leave me order my dress til i went away and gave it a week to think about to make sure i was totally happy!!not a bit pushy & as i am not the type that is comfortable with trying on clothes i was shocked i enjoyed the whole experience;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

bruzz wrote: »
    Anyone know the website for cameo in Kilkenny?
    Thanks

www.cameobridal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Hi, Im looking for a knee lenght wedding dress (white, ivory, gold)...Would anybody out there be able to help me out with where to begin my search...Im getting married the end of Aug so Im getting a bit anxious at this stage :rolleyes:

Thanks a mil for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

Try the Bridal Outlet, Baldoyle, Dublin.

I got mine there and was very reasonably priced. The staff are lovely there too. Very honest. Would recommend them to anyone. I tried LOADS of places too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bridey6189

Hi There, I got my dress in Athy, there's a new bridal boutique called " I do" weddings by Laura Leigh. She has some fabulous dresses and the customer service is excellent, even after you put down your deposit! They do all the alterations too and the seamstress is excellent. Laura does wedding planning too so can advise on other things aswell. Visit their site www.idoweddings.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 amie.g

I found the whole bridal dress experience very stress free.... I went to the bridal shop in Baldoyle and found them very helpful and friendly, great selection, but ended up getting my dress in Bride2be in Dundalk, where they were also very friendly. I am delighted with my dress. My bridemaids were dreading it as I am know to shop, but found what suited my very quickly.
    Good luck to all the other brides out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

I'm a late-thirties plus size so I'm very nervous about looking for a nice wedding dress that won't make me look like mutton dressed as lamb - does anyone know of any places that cater for older non-skinny brides who don't want to show off too much flesh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

Hi Salome, you could try Virjinia's Bridal Boutique on Roches street in limerick. She has a vast array of plus size dresses and is such a nice woman. I tried a few on in there and her prices are excellent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Johnny Drama.

My Wife is looking to get her wedding dress cleaned but is afraid to as she has heard horror stories of dresses getting ruined so can anyone recommend anywhere. The dress is duchess satin with lace over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

My Wife is looking to get her wedding dress cleaned but is afraid to as she has heard horror stories of dresses getting ruined so can anyone recommend anywhere. The dress is duchess satin with lace over it.

Jeeves in Stillorgan (if you're in Dublin) is supposed to be good - they do the Vera Wang dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

Cheers for all these great links. I'm definitely not going for the meringue look. Knee length it is for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

o, a nice service is in Navan Bridal shop, next to Social welfeare office. Very nice ladies.
    also I got my dress in Dublin. the shop is located on the back of Illac shopping centre (when you leave shopping mall turn left, then go along the building, it is on the corner )

they have new collections, and you can get a dress for even 200-300 euro when it's on sale and it is this year's collection!!
    I wouldn't say that service was fantastic but was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Nauniek

Anyone got any feedback on bridal hall for alterations , service etc????

• Advertisement

about alternations..I can reccomend place in Drogheda, very nice studio, nice service and very professional service. and when girls from Swords wanted 140Euro for just makeing my dress short she took 95Euro.

I can PM address and telephone.

Advertisement