Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Westeros wrote: »
    Anyone know why lecturers take attendance at their lectures when it doesn't count for any sort of CA or anything? Just a general blank sheet with student's name and student number?

Also if you have to go up to the office they'll know the name and maybe your face and be inclined to help you.. If you've been to little or no classes they may not be as pleased to help...

Though I think some of them just do it so the word goes round and people start attending!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

mickstupp wrote: »
    I hate the inbetween weather. Too hot for a proper jumper. Too cold for just a shirt. I'm either freezing or sweating buckets.

You what? It's flipping BALTIC out except in bed at night where it's inexplicably warm despite my rad being off and the window open. BF doesn't agree this though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What Economics module was it for? EC101A or EC102? :p
    Anyways, yeah you'll get your percentage and the answers on Moodle soon enough. They'll upload a file with all your CA percentages later on too, with the marks for tutorials, assignments etc. so you know exactly what percentage you have under your belt before you sit the exam :)

EC101A. That sounds good even though I hate CA. It makes things more stressful not less stressful! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

thelad95 wrote: »
    EC101A. That sounds good even though I hate CA. It makes things more stressful not less stressful! :(

Not even sure why Im asking but what was the assignment title for EC102 this year? I remember talking to people in other colleges about our essay and they thought it was very hard for a first year to complete..

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

"Not in the back 2 rows please"

Thats good then, I found EC101A the tougher of the two. Last year, Simon uploaded the EC102 in-class MCQ from 2012 for us to have a look at a few days before our exam. I remember being a big ball of stress before that exam, went in and discovered he had given us the exact same one as the year before, just in a different order with a few different figures here and there :D Yeah I know, it is a right pain throughout the year, but once its done and you're heading into the exams in January it is a relief knowing you may have 10% already :)

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Not even sure why Im asking but what was the assignment title for EC102 this year? I remember talking to people in other colleges about our essay and they thought it was very hard for a first year to complete..

An assignment for EC102!? We haven't had an assignment.. Either that or something serious I'm missing. I've missed about half the lectures for it :P

"Not in the back 2 rows please"

Thats good then, I found EC101A the tougher of the two. Last year, Simon uploaded the EC102 in-class MCQ from 2012 for us to have a look at a few days before our exam. I remember being a big ball of stress before that exam, went in and discovered he had given us the exact same one as the year before, just in a different order with a few different figures here and there :D Yeah I know, it is a right pain throughout the year, but once its done and you're heading into the exams in January it is a relief knowing you may have 10% already :)

She also has an uncanny ability to spend 20 minutes talking about one slide.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

An assignment for EC102!? We haven't had an assignment.. Either that or something serious I'm missing. I've missed about half the lectures for it :P

Is it 100% exam now?? Madness altogether.. Ah I didnt go to too many of his lectures last year either but the exam was handy enough! I have faith :P

deise_girl wrote: »
    Is it 100% exam now?? Madness altogether.. Ah I didnt go to too many of his lectures last year either but the exam was handy enough! I have faith :P

Yeah it's 80% Jan exam, 15% MCQ and 5% for those soul-suckingly boring tutorials. Simon is sound though despite his efforts to become a stand-up comedian :P

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Yeah it's 80% Jan exam, 15% MCQ and 5% for those soul-suckingly boring tutorials. Simon is sound though despite his efforts to become a stand-up comedian :P

Trust me when I say it is much better to gain that 5% from those soul-suckingly boring tutorials than a 1500 word essay that you have no idea about! Simon is quite a nice lecturer though :) Does he still hold his cup of coffee to his forehead randomly? :p I would imagine your exam will be very similar to our one last year so once you can do those past papers you're flying it :D

• Advertisement

Trust me when I say it is much better to gain that 5% from those soul-suckingly boring tutorials than a 1500 word essay that you have no idea about! Simon is quite a nice lecturer though :)Does he still hold his cup of coffee to his forehead randomly? :p I would imagine your exam will be very similar to our one last year so once you can do those past papers you're flying it :D

Yes and he keeps forgetting he doesn't have a portable microphone so he walks away from the lectern, still talking, realises nobody can hear him and scatters back quickly mid-sentence. Really sound and approachable guy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Oooooooh this is gonna hurt tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

AAAAHHHHHHHH PPPPAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

My exam timetable is looking pretty good.

Mainly because I don't have any :pac:

So I have exams on the 13th, 14th, 17th and 19th. Happy enough with that. It gives me another week to procrastinate of Christmas holidays :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Heh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't read "heh" and not think of Walder f*cking Frey.

I can't read "heh" and not think of Walder f*cking Frey.

I don't know who that is...

I don't know who that is...

tumblr_mbywezLVqU1ryc3zao1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

This is a Game of Throne thing isn't it?

This is a Game of Throne thing isn't it?

Yep!

Yep!

I tend to find that if I don't get a reference them that's why!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

people who dont buy food/ drink at obriens should be banned from sitting there! thats my 2cent

Dickie10 wrote: »
    people who dont buy food/ drink at obriens should be banned from sitting there! thats my 2cent

And why do you say this? :P I doubt O'Briens are paying rent on the seated area so there's nothing they can really do to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I think if it's a publicly accessible area on the university campus, then ANY student should be allowed to sit there in peace. And f*** O'Briens if they try to turf me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

cause i hate when i get food and theres no seats! should be secret police to turfthem out. might be soon if paul murphy gets in dail next!

cause i hate when i get food and theres no seats! should be secret police to turfthem out. might be soon if paul murphy gets in dail next!

But you see, O'Briens don't 'own' the area. Just because they have O'Briens banners, doesn't mean it should specifically be an area for O'Briens.

On a side note, O'Briens food is muck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

But you see, O'Briens don't 'own' the area. Just because they have O'Briens banners, doesn't mean it should specifically be an area for O'Briens.

On a side note, O'Briens food is muck anyway.

Lets not get carried away here, The Toasted Triple Decker is a savage eat! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Guys do you know who'd i'd go about contacting for a copy of my transcripts for 1st and 2nd year? And would they be able to email them to me? In a rush with them and probably won't manage to get to college tomorrow to get them.

Advertisement