Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

the sister came home for the weekend
    she brought the puppy and now i have to mind him all day!

he likes to balance on one of my legs....he is not small at all
    Pics pics pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

My Mother's home-made baking is making me :D

Thesis is making me :(

Other things are stressing me out a bit too, but trying to put them to the back of my mind over Easter. Will deal with them then.

Heard a friend of mine is coming home in a few weeks for a visit so tha thas perked me up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Hope you're feeling a bit better almostnever!

So happy! Jellies and chocolate oh how I've missed you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kiera wrote: »
    Pics pics pics!

this is him!!

he has decided to take over one of the recliners!! next it will be the whole couch :rolleyes:

402790_2460148866662_1340395521_32104422_1736423926_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

tickets are booked for the weekend in London :)

I'm gonna get a load of badly, badly needed new clothes :D

really want to get something in Cyberdog this trip :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I bloody hate it when you drop make up.

Hope your foundation wasn't expensive hun :(

It was €20 but thankfully it was nearing an end anyway. :rolleyes:
    Links234 wrote: »
    I've got a Green & Black's easter egg to start off the day! :D

Happy Easter one and all! :D

My bf got me a Bailey's Truffle one and I feel bad because I could only afford a Cream Egg one even though he told me not to get him one. :o

Happy Easter everybody! :D

My mysterious 'growing pains' from last night have disappeared.. Ah well, I can always just dream of breaking the 5ft mark! :p

My poor bf isn't well. He has a really sore throat and was tossing and turning most of the night. Might see if I can get him some Strepsils in the shop. He's still asleep at the moment. Jeez he seems to be sick a lot now that I think about it.. :/

Edit: Cuteness of Pixie-Fairy's dog! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Well got lots of easter eggs, but the turkey for dinner is still frozen solid, might be defrosted by tuesday... ;) Sausages for dinner me thinks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Almost forgot it was Easter. Got 1 Easter egg woooooo! Last year was the same and I didn't eat the bloody thing till 2 weeks after Easter :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Easter, yaaay! :)
    I have two Lily O'Briens eggs and one Cadburys.
    My mother is making beef and yorkshire puddings for dinner and I've made a meringue pavlova for dessert. Good eats today! :D

Happy Easter Sunday to y'all! :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

it's funny seeing david robert jones from fringe in mad men
    he'll never be anything but DRJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Chocolate.... Everywhere.... Happiness.... Overload...

On another note, apologies if my earlier post was a bit tmi :o

And, question, I got gel nails yesterday, & just wondering if I paint them, when I take the polish off will they still have the french tip look? ( not sure if i phrased that right :/ )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Chocolate.... Everywhere.... Happiness.... Overload...

On another note, apologies if my earlier post was a bit tmi :o

And, question, I got gel nails yesterday, & just wondering if I paint them, when I take the polish off will they still have the french tip look? ( not sure if i phrased that right :/ )

I'm not sure if you should paint them. If you do and the french tip is ruined it is fairly easy to fix so i wouldn't worry about it.

Probably better of to leave them though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I've a Lily O'Brien's egg but I won't be fit for it for another few days, looks delicious though!

Thinking of going for another nap soon :o

I'm in a bit of a bad mood and I don't really know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Kiera wrote: »
    Wedges and yazoo. Best hangover cure :)
    I want wedges now. Spicy wedges, mmmm.
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Happy Easter everyone - hope you're all having a good day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What's on the menu today for dinner Lovely Muffin ?

I want wedges now. Spicy wedges, mmmm.

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Happy Easter everyone - hope you're all having a good day :D

I'll be grand thanks.. I feel a teeny bit better already. :)

I love the way we're all going "Let's see what Muffin is cooking today!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

does this video help??

ive been watching it all morning and i keep bursting my hole laughing hahaha

Jamie Oliver you bastard....stop making me hungry!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I was getting sick of all the pseudo religious crap and people that haven't been to mass since there was a wedding or funeral, then someone posted this, and my faith in people was restored.
    544890_3694192955134_1284607839_3558624_1529159953_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 karonnia

So last night someone - A complete arsehole of a person, opened my handbag (zipped and with a little flap to cover the zip) and nicked my iphone, some cash and a couple of bank cards out of it...All while i was wearing it!!!

And i wasn't the only one...at one point there was 5 people holding out bags to the security men all describing the same thing!! Don't care about the cash or cards but i'm gutted about my phone especially as i'm lumped with the contract for it for the next 5 months:(

I'm like the flipping hulk today as a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Yah, booked my flights and hotel for Edinburgh. GTot a great deal on booking.com for my hotel too so happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'll be grand thanks.. I feel a teeny bit better already. :)

I love the way we're all going "Let's see what Muffin is cooking today!" :D
    :pac: :o

My mother and granny are cooking roast lamb, vegetables and either mashed potatoes or roast garlic potatoes.

There's a dedicated thread for posting what your eating.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055068620

Some really amazing recipes there.

Having such a lazy day. Watching svu.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

karonnia wrote: »
    So last night someone - A complete arsehole of a person, opened my handbag (zipped and with a little flap to cover the zip) and nicked my iphone, some cash and a couple of bank cards out of it...All while i was wearing it!!!

And i wasn't the only one...at one point there was 5 people holding out bags to the security men all describing the same thing!! Don't care about the cash or cards but i'm gutted about my phone especially as i'm lumped with the contract for it for the next 5 months:(

:( That really sucks! If you haven't already, report it as stolen to the police asap, as far as I know to claim on most insurance policies you have to have the report number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Stuffed full of roast chicken dinner and cake :D

The chocolate thus far remains untouched. I'll get to it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Happy Easter everyone! Have a massive Cadbury caramel bunnies egg to munch my way through :)

But have to go to a charity ballroom dancing thing tonight that I don't really want to go to at all :(

I have the charger for my laptop resting on my stomach right now and it's keeping me very toasty. Mmm.

does this video help??

ive been watching it all morning and i keep bursting my hole laughing hahaha

Jamie Oliver you bastard....stop making me hungry!!!

OMG that's so funny!!! Yes that did help! :D
    karonnia wrote: »

Something similar happened to me on the Luas about 3 years ago. My purse was taken out of my bad and it was closed on my back. I was sickened even though I only had about €30 and my library card, Age Card and college ID in it. It was a bit of a pain seeing as it was about a week before exams and I needed my college ID to be able to do them. Had to ring the college the next day and explain. It was all sorted thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

My first Easter without a chocolate egg - wah! I just skyped my amazing mother who said she bought me an egg and will hide it in the attic until I'm back in Ireland in August - JOY!

Also I love the thought of eating an Easter egg in August, think of the jealousy! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

:( Just feeling sorry for myself as my family are gone to Milan, my best friend in Galway is in London visiting another good friend and I couldn't go because of work AND work gave me notice to finish yesterday.It's times like this I wish I had a boyfriend just to give me a big hug :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Daisies wrote: »
    :( Just feeling sorry for myself as my family are gone to Milan, my best friend in Galway is in London visiting another good friend and I couldn't go because of work AND work gave me notice to finish yesterday.It's times like this I wish I had a boyfriend just to give me a big hug :(

Hugs Daisies, PM is open if you want to chat hun x

Toddlers and Pens do not mix. Massive scribbles that aren't washing off all over the wall in the hallway of our rented apartment. I'm really hoping we have some paint left from last year somewhere!!

mmmm giant Lindt egg with those yummy lindt balls.

I'll be in a sugar comma by tonight :o

mmmm giant Lindt egg with those yummy lindt balls.

I'll be in a sugar comma by tonight :o

I just ate half of one of the medium sized ones, the choc's were gone for breakfast between the bf and myself :o

Lola92 wrote: »
    I just ate half of one of the medium sized ones, the choc's were gone for breakfast between the bf and myself :o

you shared??! :eek: no one gets my lindt balls... no one...

He wouldn't let me buy him an easter egg and didn't to get one for himself so I felt kinda bad... he's not a huge chocolate lover anyway.

I love Jim Carrey! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I got(bought myself) half a home made egg filled with different truffles, it was the last one and she threw in a few extra truffles, got two that are saffron and orange.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

awec wrote: »
    Big smiles - Ulster beating Munster. :)

so that's munster out of europe then :O?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

awec wrote: »
    Big smiles - Ulster beating Munster. :)

:mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:P

I'm still winning the dress on eBay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I feel 90% myself again :D Yay! Had to miss out on the cinema with my sister tonight but hopefully I'll be up for Dublin on Tuesday with my friends, it'll be fun. Going to take it quite easy tomorrow on the studying front though, I'll get stuck into it properly from Wednesday on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I hate this recession. My best friend's husband was just left go today (I know what a nice Easter present). My best friend was left go a couple of years ago and despite applying for countless jobs she has had no luck.

I have a feeling they wouldn't be too much longer living in Ireland.

almostnever, glad to see you're feeling better. :)

Miaireland that sucks. I hate the recession too. I've applied for about ten jobs since graduating and had no luck. :(

almostnever, glad to see you're feeling better. :)

Miaireland that sucks. I hate the recession too. I've applied for about ten jobs since graduating and had no luck. :(

How long ago did you graduate??

I applied for about 10 jobs an hour as soon as I graduated.

How long ago did you graduate??

I applied for about 10 jobs an hour as soon as I graduated.

About a year and a half. I've had interviews with half of them and the rest didn't even get in contact at all. I know it's not great. Not that much choice being a veterinary nurse though tbh. I'm going back to college this year hopefully.

Are changing your career path or upping your skills?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

not even if they made you an omelette?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement